New Mustang Release

Dusten

Established Member
If my 01 was still stock, you would be correct but it isn’t. for comfort I have my F150 or the wife’s Mercedes.

Congrats it's not stock... I stand by my statement that an s550(which I've owned) is superior in all manners to a ****ing sn95/fox chassis.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You know that's easily obtainable in the S550, right?
Yes, just never been a fan of the body style or the size and weight, not my idea of what a Mustang should be. I feel the same about the Camaro and the Challenger, they all seem bloated to me. I do understand that it due to safety regulations but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Congrats it's not stock... I stand by my statement that an s550(which I've owned) is superior in all manners to a ****ing sn95/fox chassis.

It is and it better be condsidering the 20+ Years of technology improvements between the 2 versions and the price difference. I don’t believe I ever said it wasn’t a better car, it’s just not what I want in a Mustang. That just my personal opinion, I am sure Ford will sell every one they build, they just won’t sell one to me.

Dusten

Established Member
It is and it better be condsidering the 20+ Years of technology improvements between the 2 versions and the price difference. I don’t believe I ever said it wasn’t a better car, it’s just not what I want in a Mustang. That just my personal opinion, I am sure Ford will sell every one they build, they just won’t sell one to me.

The way you present your 01, you come across as if the 15+ mustangs aren't better so why replace the 01. Hence the points you've been presented.

I like my lightning. But I'm well aware a coyote truck with a blower and a10 with ****ing murder me. Even though I make 700+

But I'd never say I don't want a coyote because I have a lightning.

I don't want a coyote truck because I don't want one.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Two years ago, I sold my '01 Bullitt and '01 Cobra vert, for a new '20 GT vert, PP1, magneride, active exhaust.

When I spent 14 straight hours in the '20 GT earlier this summer is when I truly appreciated the engineering improvements in the Coyote, materials, electronics, sensors/monitors, interior ergonomics/comfort, and drivetrain of the S550.

Like going from Sandra Bullock to Hedy Lamar.

Dusten

Established Member
Two years ago, I sold my '01 Bullitt and '01 Cobra vert, for a new '20 GT vert, PP1, magneride, active exhaust.

When I spent 14 straight hours in the '20 GT earlier this summer is when I truly appreciated the engineering improvements in the Coyote, materials, electronics, sensors/monitors, interior ergonomics/comfort, and drivetrain of the S550.

I road tripped my 2018 from Virginia to Seattle over 9 days with my kids. I can't imagine that drive in a new edge

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Googling Hedy Lamar....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Character from Blazing Saddles…..

I doubt he is referring to Hedley Lamar
Go Blazing Saddles GIF

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I road tripped my 2018 from Virginia to Seattle over 9 days with my kids. I can't imagine that drive in a new edge

I drove my 16 from PA to CA and back in July, including a 28 hour straight shot from IL to CA on the way out there. For all I can nitpick about build quality or fit and finish issues on these cars, that trip really made me appreciate how much a S550 GT lives up to the "Grand Touring" in its name.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Seeing these posts about refinement, smoother drives, new tech, etc shows who's really old now. I know because im getting there too lol

Younger us would give two craps if interior had soft plastics, quieter exhaust, softer bumps, etc. We would take a 1 seater Mustang running on headers, ET tires on a canyon, no AC with as minimal electronics as we can haha

Users who are viewing this thread