New mod after track visit

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Went to the 1/4 mile friday and off the trailer, the car went [email protected] SHIT ive only trap 116 at my best. 1/2 hr later i made another pass and went at 11.57 @ 121...ok not bad. then i made my 3rd pass 15 minutes later and went 11.68@ 116....ok now im back to the same mph. Decided to drop all of the coolant out of the LFP tank and do ice water while circulating it with the jumper cable. Went back after that an hr later and ran my PB 11.38@121. Pretty happy with the times considering i've never been out of the 11.8's.

But anyways a buddy of mine had a great idea and instead of mounting a gauge inside the car (not a big fan of a mess of gauges in my car) we decided to drill and tap a 1/4 npt hole and mount a temp gauge for my coolant!

IMG_20130921_235725_491_zps2e623f28.jpg

and i dont know exactly what temp that the computer will start pulling timing but i will find out :)

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
That's the key....keeping the Eaton or any SC cool!! Icing is a must at the track as well as jumping the pump!

Nice touch with the gauge....

Congrats on the PB :beer:

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Pretty sure the ECU pulls a degree for every 10 degrees above 100 for your IAT2 temps.

If I'm not mistaken the stock tune doesn't start pulling timing till IAT2 hits 150... I'd have to go back and check in the tune. However if you have a custom tune as just about everyone on the forum does then it's what ever your tuner has adjusted it to.

racebronco2

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken the stock tune doesn't start pulling timing till IAT2 hits 150... I'd have to go back and check in the tune. However if you have a custom tune as just about everyone on the forum does then it's what ever your tuner has adjusted it to.

Stock it pulls .6* timing as 101*. At 150* it's 2.4 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread