New member in the ATL

boilerbuzz

Established Member
Hi all, new here. I'm needing to get back into the fun and fast car game. I've been a GM guy my whole life (father and grandfather worked for them) but have always loved and respected the Terminator. I'm a bit taller at 6'3 and don't fit so easily into some cars but sat in one last weekend and was surprised I had more legroom than I did in my 2000 WS6. The transmission tunnel on those f-bodys smash your legs on any trip longer than a few miles. Currently have the wife's daily (2019 XC90) and a 2015 Wrangler with some mods but ever since I sold my 2019 ZL1 I want to get back into something that I can just play with on the weekends. Anyways, this forum has been a wealth of knowledge and looking forward to picking something up soon! Oh and a few PFA's,

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpg
    IMG_5981.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 94
  • TA1.jpg
    TA1.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Jeep doors off.jpg
    Jeep doors off.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 66
  • Rock lights.jpg
    Rock lights.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 54

boilerbuzz

Established Member
Thanks! I loved that car and disappointed that I sold it, but I keep in touch with the guy and he keeps it as nice as I did. It had 40k mi when I bought it and I put another 10 or so on it. Stock when I bought it and did full suspension, intake, cam, exhaust, the works. Oh and for those that know the f-bodys well, it had no cracks in the doors or dash and no peeling paint. Anyways, hope to get into an 03 vert at some point once I find the right one!

boilerbuzz

Established Member
Haha! The white TA happened because just about every other color had paint issues. White Camaro because it was the color I could find with the options I wanted. White Jeep because even though it’s my DD, it’s really my wife’s. She always wanted one and when we saw this one (low miles and GA vehicle that wasn’t rusted to all heck) she just had to have it. I’ve always preferred black so likely that’s what I’m going to look for!

Zemedici

Established Member
Welcome. Georgia native here and i work at magnum in Marietta.

Where’s you get the ‘maro from? Private seller? She’s a ‘beaut.

boilerbuzz

Established Member
Welcome. Georgia native here and i work at magnum in Marietta.

Where’s you get the ‘maro from? Private seller? She’s a ‘beaut.
I got it brand new from Hendricks. Back in 2020, when no manufacturer could sell a car, if you read the fine print for Chevy you could get ANY 2019 Camaro titled as new with 0% financing for 84 months (if you qualified). Including ZL1's :devilish: So, I bought one! Fast forward 2.5 years later, my 4'3 5-year-old and 5'11 wife couldn't really fit comfortably when we were all in it together and the market for them went crazy so I sold it back to Hendricks for exactly what I financed it for in April of 2020 with 18,000 miles on it. Nothing like driving a car for over 2 years and 18k for free! I do miss it though. Took it up to the north Georgia mountains quite often and it was a blast. Kept up with things it shouldn't have given the 4100 lb curb weight!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP.

Nice Trans Am. Nearly bought one, myself, but that was a loooong time ago.

Albatross

Established Member
Georgia native here and i work at magnum in Marietta.

That’s right down the street from me. Have you been to the new location for Caffeine and Octane at Town Center yet? Way better than Perimeter. Hit me up if you want to get together and go for a cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread