New Good Problem

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Well, about a month ago I bought a Focus RS as my winter DD as I thought there was no way my Bronco would be done this year (ordered 5/21/21)......well Saturday I got the email that production is scheduled for the week of 10/10. 2 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch in cyber orange is the build.

The good problem is that I don't know what to get rid of. It is just the wife and me at home and I really don't think it is reasonable to have 5 vehicles. I freaking love the RS and it is a rascally little hooligan car that is a joy to drive. Maybe I will get tired of it, but it gets great mileage and has 32,000 miles. My Raptor may be the favorite of all the vehicles I have owned, but it has 76k miles and has held value pretty well, but how long will that last. My needs for a truck are not huge but I love to ride bikes and can get two in the back seat area. The Bronco will require a hitch and wont be as convenient. One last thing as I have family in Florida and the Raptor is so great to travel in. We do plan to take the Boxster to Florida next month and it may become our preferred steed for the 8.5 hour jaunt, but I don't feel the Bronco nor RS will be great on trips.

I fear I wont like the Bronco as much as the Raptor. (I drove a Wrangler and detested it.) I also dont want to get rid of the RS but maybe that is what I should do. How can I not take the new Bronco even though I will get a check not to take it? This community has great thoughts and I enjoy opinions on these types of issues. I need an excel spreadsheet and probably will make one....I am such an accounting nerd.

LS WUT

Established Member
Agree with Nick. I have 7 cars. I don’t care, got even more motorcycles. It’s just me, and my ladyfriend. Life of luxury brother, unless you need the money. “Nobody needs” more than one car. However I tend to only hear that from people who drive toyota corollas and complain about gas mileage. Just my .02

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1663016653633.jpeg

Recon

Established Member
I call dibs on the TrakPak. If you like all of them then just keep them. That truck still has life in it. My daily Silverado hit 244k miles last week.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

OX1

Established Member
Agree with Nick. I have 7 cars. I don’t care, got even more motorcycles. It’s just me, and my ladyfriend. Life of luxury brother, unless you need the money. “Nobody needs” more than one car. However I tend to only hear that from people who drive toyota corollas and complain about gas mileage. Just my .02

Agree, I have 11. Some in pieces, but not planning on getting rid of any unless I physically can't do it anymore. You just need a bigger garage.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Well, about a month ago I bought a Focus RS as my winter DD as I thought there was no way my Bronco would be done this year (ordered 5/21/21)......well Saturday I got the email that production is scheduled for the week of 10/10. 2 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch in cyber orange is the build.

The good problem is that I don't know what to get rid of. It is just the wife and me at home and I really don't think it is reasonable to have 5 vehicles. I freaking love the RS and it is a rascally little hooligan car that is a joy to drive. Maybe I will get tired of it, but it gets great mileage and has 32,000 miles. My Raptor may be the favorite of all the vehicles I have owned, but it has 76k miles and has held value pretty well, but how long will that last. My needs for a truck are not huge but I love to ride bikes and can get two in the back seat area. The Bronco will require a hitch and wont be as convenient. One last thing as I have family in Florida and the Raptor is so great to travel in. We do plan to take the Boxster to Florida next month and it may become our preferred steed for the 8.5 hour jaunt, but I don't feel the Bronco nor RS will be great on trips.

I fear I wont like the Bronco as much as the Raptor. (I drove a Wrangler and detested it.) I also dont want to get rid of the RS but maybe that is what I should do. How can I not take the new Bronco even though I will get a check not to take it? This community has great thoughts and I enjoy opinions on these types of issues. I need an excel spreadsheet and probably will make one....I am such an accounting nerd.

What type of mileage you getting with the RS? I considered trading up for one when I moved out here but just couldn’t justify it. Didn’t think the mileage would translate to commuter.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I call dibs on the TrakPak. If you like all of them then just keep them. That truck still has life in it. My daily Silverado hit 244k miles last week.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…
That is the one that is not going to leave. I owned #39 for 5 years and sold it which was a mistake. This is #56 and I plan on it never leaving.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
What type of mileage you getting with the RS? I considered trading up for one when I moved out here but just couldn’t justify it. Didn’t think the mileage would translate to commuter.
On the return trip from purchase it got 27.2. My first fill up said 21.9 on the gauges, but it actually calculated to be about 24 and that was all around town driving. I will fill up again tonight and it is showing 22 on the gauges this am.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Or the lazy/dumb slackers who cry about "evil" capitalism and wealth inequality.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't sell any of them until you've had the new Bronco at least for a couple of months. You mentioned that you might not like it, so there's the possibility that THAT might be the vehicle you'll want to let go. Or you might decide that it's the least prefered of them all, keep it for a year, and sell it. With Broncos (especially your package) in high demand due to Ford's production issues, you should have no problem selling it for max value. So if you don't need to sell any current vehicle in your stable, hold off making any decision for now. JMO.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I wouldn't sell any of them until you've had the new Bronco at least for a couple of months. You mentioned that you might not like it, so there's the possibility that THAT might be the vehicle you'll want to let go. Or you might decide that it's the least prefered of them all, keep it for a year, and sell it. With Broncos (especially your package) in high demand due to Ford's production issues, you should have no problem selling it for max value. So if you don't need to sell any current vehicle in your stable, hold off making any decision for now. JMO.
Yeah that is well said. I think I am only playing with state sales tax on the trade which is not a huge deal.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Funny update as the build of the Bronco has been pushed back to 10/24. Wife drives the RS on a run to her momma's house and it is about 25 miles of WV 2 lane. She tells me that if she didnt already have the Boxster S that the RS would make her perfectly happy. She said we are NOT getting rid of the S but she loves the RS too.

Users who are viewing this thread