New European Ford Mondeo (will most likely be the Fusion here)

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I really like the white sedan, but I'm not a fan of the big gaping fish mouth that ford is starting to put on everything it seems... Like the focus ST, the 2013 SHO and now this...

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I love the look of the wagon but I fear they will go much more conservative for the US version. Keep the wagon exactly as is and I'm buying. Second kid on the way and I'm gonna need a DD for myself

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I love the look of the wagon but I fear they will go much more conservative for the US version. Keep the wagon exactly as is and I'm buying. Second kid on the way and I'm gonna need a DD for myself
the exteriors should be nearly identical, this is part of the "one ford" plan, which is basically the merging of regional platforms into global platforms to reduce costs, and the development of a global styling theme. prime examples are the focus and fiesta. nothing worth mentioning changed for the US market.
i do doubt if we'll get the wagon though, the majority in the US just don't seem to like them. look how badass the magnum was, but it was axed after a couple years because no one really bought them compared to the rest of the LX platform cars.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
2013 ford taurus face lift...
33407.jpeg

2013 ford taurus SHO face lift...
33408.jpeg

really like the taurus, LOVE the SHO!

i would rock the shit outta that thing!!!

Still ain't gonna cut it I don't think. I like the Taurus but like Dusten said, its too heavy. They're not selling horribly but not up to expectations. With the success of the Fusion and its place in the market I don't see how it would be a bad thing if it could pull double dury with a long wheelbase version to cover the Taurus' share if it were possible.

If an L model could come out at under 4k and then give it maybe 380-400hp out of the Ecoboost to diferentiate it from any other Fusion then I think that would be a good seller. The pics of the Mondeo above actually look like its supposed to be a long wheelbase version.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
there's no most likely about it, that's 100% the new fusion. ford confirmed a few years ago. same with the ford kuga - escape(which will be debuting in a few weeks in LA).
if it looks anything like those renderings, we're gonna have one DAMN sexy fusion! i would be shocked if there wasn't a solid sales bump when it drops, the japs don't have shit on that! or ecoboost!

That's awesome. Hopefully they keep the build quality the same.

The interior resembles higher end euro luxury cars IMO.

ford-mondeo-titanium-s-2009-5.jpg

Japs don't have shit on that either!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like that Mondeo sedan. A lot! Make mine an EcoBoost. :)

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I like it alot. Was going to look at an 11 fusion for the wife i think we may wait now lol unless we can get a smokin deal lol.

Joe

Red94SVT

Established Member
+1 more vote for the wagon, looks like Austin Martin had sex with an Audi wagon but in a good way lol

if that thing gets Eco-boost and AWD i might have to convince the wife we don't need an SUV yet...

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
SVT Fusion anyone? I'd like to see an SVT Fiesta too- I sat in the SES one that had the 2 tone leather and it felt pretty good. Would love to see on with an ECOBoost.

Users who are viewing this thread