New driver woes

96dreamer

Established Member
Neighbors great great grandson came to visit her driving by himself for one of the first times. I think he might need a bit more practice. I had to go let her know there was a puddle of either transmission or power steering fluid on the ground after he left and that he shouldn't drive to far. This is also the 3rd time someone has backed into my mailbox:oops:, first time since I've had the cameras to catch it though.

96dreamer

Established Member
Are they asian?
Negative. 16 year old white kid

Wow that's terrible terrible driving. I never had that issue when I started driving at 16.
My wife told me to be nice and I probably did dumb stuff when I was his age too. I told her I certainly did but but it was a different kind of dumb and that I could back up a trailer better than that at his age.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Alright, the windshield wipers getting turned on got me

He'll be voting soon, let that sink in
*edit* AND THE LEFT WANTS TO CHANGE THE VOTING AGE TO 16

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
If that was my kid they would not be driving for a very long time without me in the car. Looks like the kid needs more training time.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Clearly no one took the time to show him how to drive before hand.

It really baffles me that some people are just terrible at driving, and I’m not even talking about younger kids. I see adults that still have no ****ing clue what they’re doing

beau t

Established Member
you need to ask if he had visited 2 other times maybe you could solve the mystery of your mailbox. That is pitiful.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No words. That kid should NOT be driving until he gets more instruction/training/experience in a parking lot. An EMPTY parking lot! That is really, really bad. He didn't have a clue what he was doing. Judging by the vehicle, he must have backup sensors and a backup camera!

Also, it sucks to have a mailbox DIRECTLY across from a neighor's driveway. I have that setup and every winter I have to watch how their snow removal guy backs up into the street. The old service backed up into my mailbox and they had to pay to replace it, and the post. o_O

SHOdown220

Established Member
Wow that kid has no business operating a vehicle. We all made mistakes as a new driver but holy hell not like that. Would hate to see him in a parking lot.

on a side note my dad has to keep an extra mailbox in the garage his gets taken out so frequently. It’s on a main road but set as far back into his yard as possible and people still mow it down probably once a month. Only 1 person has ever returned to pay for or replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread