New Daily Driver

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
InfraRed,

Thanks for the help. I will be asking you plenty more later. I have noticed that my DV valve has been making more & more noise. I wonder if braking in a car hard could cause the DV valve to leak or my DSG to slip in first... !

I think I might just test a "brand new" GTI for a few minutes to compare them. ;-)

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
The DV and PCV (or PVC...i can never remember the correct arrangement for the letters lol) always go out, even on stock cars. So I'd check those over :)

Fuxton

Established Member
I'm not sure if you read Performance VW at all or not, but my car will be featured in the January issue.

Who did you go with for your stage 1 flash? When I was chipped I went with APR and it definitely made a difference. Also, all Forge and Eurojet products are top notch. You'll more than likely want to upgrade to a Forge DV as the stock ones are known to tear..especially when chipped. www.20squared.com has great prices on eurojet and other products.

Also if you're into vw forums at all..

www.golfmkv.com

and

www.vwvortex.com

Im actually on both those forums too lol. And i have an APR flash. I love it. Great drivability. Got too many little projects going on so i dont know which car to mod lol.

93ChevKilR

Established Member
WOW. I have driven them they are nice, and the interior is cool i guess. But jesus that thing is goofy looking i think the last gen looked 10x better that looks like a Scion.

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Im actually on both those forums too lol. And i have an APR flash. I love it. Great drivability. Got too many little projects going on so i dont know which car to mod lol.

thats right! you posted all your cars in the "let's see your other cars thread" on golfmkv.

cobra > gti all day every day :pepper::beer:

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
hahaha i bet. the gti is fun..especially in cold weather..the turbo loves the cold. but it will never ever compare to the cobra no matter what haha.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
A fellas. Since both of you are in here, what size are our 18" factory rims on the GTI. My 2009 GTI has the nice 18" wheels from VW but I have no idea what the width of this wheel is? :shrug:

Someday I would like to put a wider tire on there. The factory gave me some 225/40 ZR 18 Pirelli's which are not bad. But, I would like to go a little wider then that some day.

Users who are viewing this thread