New Daily Driver

Epikmach

Established Member
thanks man and those older rabbits are badass. Im not sure what year it is but my buddies got a diesel one that just wont seem to die lol. Its got over 300k on it.

I have no idea what kind of miles mine has on it, because the odometer stopped working @ 125k miles (typical for 80's VW's), but it keeps goin & goin!!!

Here's my current beater 84 GTI.... Yeah I know, I definitely need to remove the old bubbled window tint, but it wont come off easily....

CIMG1190.jpg

This is my old Vdub beater 86 Jetta GLI... I miss this 1 because it was pretty cherry for a 20 year old car....

DSCN1282.jpg

DSCN1283.jpg

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
That's a downgrade?!

Well, from an SRT8, I gueeessss....

But the $$ saved is very worth it. GTI's are stupid fun cars, have you headed out into them SC hills yet?!

You, uh, did get a Fast to mount on your dashboard, right? My buddies got an R32, and a highly modded Corrado. They are just sooooo much fun to drive.

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
Hey man hows the cobra?? I haven't seen you on here in a while. Nice DD, makes much more sense. When i saw your ST8 as your dd after you bought my cobra i was like wow that gotta be bad on gas lol.

Fuxton

Established Member
nah i didnt get my fast yet. lol. And the cobras doing great lol. Im finally taking it to the track on the 1st. And my trucks only getting like 9mpg too so this thing is saving me like crazy.

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
Good to hear, not a day goes by that I don't miss the cobra. Did u do anything else to it? ever use the spray?

Fuxton

Established Member
well all I did was put the IRS brace on it, put new fuel pumps in, and had it retuned. Right now it's fast enough so I haven't sprayed yet lol. My tuner said I might have to upgrade the fuel system a bit if I wanna use it.

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
well all I did was put the IRS brace on it, put new fuel pumps in, and had it retuned. Right now it's fast enough so I haven't sprayed yet lol. My tuner said I might have to upgrade the fuel system a bit if I wanna use it.

Na you shouldn't have to do anything to the fuel pumps. Not unless you wanna run a big shot all the time. But I'm glad its running good and your enjoying it. If you ever come back up to NY hit me up bro.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
haha they are nice lil cars. My bro has a Stg2 GTI its pretty quick. He got the DSG gearbox, and I like that alot. He lets me drive it, and it kind of makes me want one, but I love my gt to much.

Fuxton

Established Member
Fuxton,

I just bought a dark grey one last week. An GT with the 18"s & the DSG. Doesn't a reflash void your warranty... ?

A reflash may or may not void the warranty. It depends on the dealership.
Some will actually flash the car for you. But u can always go to the place that flashed you and theyll put u back to stock. There working on it but u should be able to change back to stock through the cruise control. Parts are just starting to come out for the tsi engine. APR is the only one selling exhausts and apparentlly cant keep up with the demand cuz i still havent got my downpipe. I just ordered an intake 2 days ago when they released it lol. But i would definatly start with a reflash. I have APRs and it was a night and day difference.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Nice VW. I just picked up a DD too. an 08 Rabbit (yea, yea not a GTI but hey, it's still pretty good for a DD).

Users who are viewing this thread