New daily driver. 4x4 content inside

forcefedcobra

Established Member
My wife and I have decided to have a second kid and my 04 svt focus is just going to be too small of a DD with two kids. The wife really liked the fj cruiser when they first came out back in 07 before we had our first kid but she decided to get an srt 4 caliber instead. I found a limited edition trail team fj cruiser in dallas so my bb skaarew04svt went and checked it out for me. I made the trip down today to pick it up. My wife and son love it. Its ugly as sin, built like a tank, and rides like a caddilac hauling butt on the interstate.

ce677fb1.jpg

me and skaarew04svt. sadly 04sleeper couldnt sneak away from work to meet up and I didnt have time to stay late enough for dinner.
b7fc254b.jpg

skaarew04svt and his son Koal and daughter lilly. aka my niece and nephew.
ea1790c9.jpg

Koal loved the FJC and wanted to go with me.
3d7546f5.jpg

a little peak of the cobra waiting for its new trans
a101f046.jpg

my great neighbors drove me down in their new jeep wrangler unlimited. Sadly we both caught rocks on the way home. mine was a minute chip but his caught the edge of the glass and quickly turned into a large crack.
30e89705.jpg

138524cc.jpg

Time to go find some mud!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Around here they are all driven by girls that somehow manage to get them stuck on Daytona beach but as long as you like it.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
+1000 the aztek was disgusting :xpl:
But I am a fan of FJ cruisers. Looks great man! I love them in white :thumbsup:

The white TT edition does look good. thanks man.

Around here they are all driven by girls that somehow manage to get them stuck on Daytona beach but as long as you like it.

Its looking like the wife wants it and is thinking about selling her srt4 caliber or sticking me with the POS dodge. Its all good though. Happy wife = happy life:beer:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Can't get much uglier than that.

I still can't figure out if it was Toyota's goal to make the car that ugly as sort of a joke.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Can't get much uglier than that.

I still can't figure out if it was Toyota's goal to make the car that ugly as sort of a joke.

They should have for sure stuck closer to the old FJ look. The good thing is though...........this morning I got up after the wife went to work and the FJ was gone and her srt4 caliber was left in the driveway. Give me an opening to get rid of the dodge for a new ford!

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Those have definitely grown on me. I bought a 2002 Tundra last year or so, and it has won me over completely!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think the FJ looks bad at all. But I do wish they offered a nicer interior with some luxury touches.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Those have definitely grown on me. I bought a 2002 Tundra last year or so, and it has won me over completely!

I'm not a huge fan of the looks when it comes to the roof and windshield. I dig the pre runner type fenders and such though. It's a nice change of pace from my svtf dd. put it in drive and go. I can get the cobra out when I feel like slamming gears and going fast. I'm sure after we get a larger home and have our second kid I'll start looking for a used raptor

I don't think the FJ looks bad at all. But I do wish they offered a nicer interior with some luxury touches.

The newest ones have some nicer options. Bluetooth, backup camera, carpeting, etc. I was really just looking for something that I can get in after work all dirty and not worry. Take it fishing and then just rinse it out. I think taking it fishing will be the only time I get to drive it. The wife has pretty much taken the keys and ran. Haven't driven it since bringing it home.

LOL This!!!

My better half's parents are thinking about picking up and FJ, looks good in White with the black wheels.

They are pretty solid. I really didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did on the drive home.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looks good BB Jr.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time.

Hopefully you had some fun with it today.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Looks good BB Jr.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time.

Hopefully you had some fun with it today.

Thanks senior. I ended up getting called to work minutes before the cutoff for my rest cycle. It completely jacked up my plans to get all errands ran and then some muddy roads to go fishing tomorrow. Oh well. Got the $$$ for the svtf so it's time to do some shopping. Hopefully we can have a bb c&c soon! Oh and dig the sig pic!

Oh really?
11-nissan-juke-pressopt.jpg

Now that sounds like a plan :beer:

I really wish ford would have produced the bronco again. Would be a perfect 4x4 option!

I prefer the 4 door Jeep.

It's no doubt nice but my only complaint is its too narrow in the cabin and doesn't have near as much room in the trunk area.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
awesome! i love those, i work at a toyota dealer so i see them every once in a while, we have an all red one in the front of the dealer... it looks fantastic! def can be good off road if someone that knows what they're doing is driving it

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I prefer the 4 door Jeep.

After driving the Fj around for an afternoon I bought a 4dr jeep lol. My mother in law has an FJ and likes it. My wife hates her FJ and likes the jeep much better lol. The shock tuning on some of the offroad model FJ's actually ride better than on some of the base model ones.

Users who are viewing this thread