New Cobra Seats

ITL Cobra

Established Member
After seeing a couple cobras with upgraded seats I decided to order a set of cobra seats with the carbon backs. Well when I got them I ordered the brackets and sliders. I tried the passenger 1st and I really didnt like the fit. The seat sat to low and hit the door. So after I decided to do some modifications to both seats, and while it was all apart I decided to add the power to the drivers seat. I had a little trouble with placing the controls but I think they turned out ok..

photo30_zpse6d78338.jpg

photo31_zpsf6275b74.jpg

These are crappy iphone pics will get some better ones after she is all cleaned up. Is like 91 degrees today with about the same in humidity..

Last edited:

boostme

Established Member
What and how did you modify to make them fit properly. What model are those, they look nice.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
They are Cobra Misano AL seats. They weigh like 27 pounds super light. For modification the seats were mocked up and shims were made to get the seat at the angle and seat height I wanted for the passenger side. For the drivers the base from the stock seat was removed and a bracket was made for the new seat to attach to it, so I could move the seat with most of the power functions the stock seat had. I know that killls the weight savings but IMO it is worth it. The placement of the controls was a little tricky so a bracket was created to hold the controls on the side.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Those are my dream seats. Only seats I would replace my Bullitt seats with since I love the OEM ones so much. A set of all charcoal Misanos with suede inserts would really get me goin...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They definitely look like they'd hold you in place much better than the stock seats. Very nice looking and nice install, especially having added the power option to the driver's seat.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
That looks beautiful! I've got an idea for the power controls. I've you've got a machinist in your area, you could have them make a piece out of billet aluminum to replace the plastic base that the controls are mounted on. It would tie in great with the side support on the seat. Just an idea.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
That looks beautiful! I've got an idea for the power controls. I've you've got a machinist in your area, you could have them make a piece out of billet aluminum to replace the plastic base that the controls are mounted on. It would tie in great with the side support on the seat. Just an idea.

Great Idea.. I am going to look into that. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread