New Cobra Owner

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. White/tan/tan is a combo you don't see too often. Looks good!

zPipes

Established Member
Hey, the trans you have in your car is a Tremec 3650, the T45 was factory for 1999 not for 2001. We got crapped on

Last edited:

Lynusan

Established Member
your best bet would be to find a replacement stock t-45. if you plan on having the occasional fun with the beast, and no plans to go crazy with power.

I barely know how to drive the thing so I don't see myself going crazy with anymore power in the near future. My last car was lucky to put down 120hp lol.

Hold tight I just hopped in the car

Haha, ok I'll expect to see you here in 3 days right? I've got a free spare bedroom, however you'd have to put up with me and 4 other females in the house....

Congrats on the purchase. White/tan/tan is a combo you don't see too often. Looks good!

Thank you. I really love the look of your car though with the black on white. In fact, I saw your sig in another thread somewhere earlier when I was stalking to forums and I had seriously had thoughts on changing out my car to a black top because it looks so sharp!

Hey, the trans you have in your car is a Tremec 3650, the T45 was factory for 1999 not for 2001. We got crapped on

Explain to me the difference between the two?

Welcome to SVTP and no there are very few females on here although I can't imagine why:lol1:

All the "leg humpers" ? lol jk

venumissvt

Established Member
i barely know how to drive the thing so i don't see myself going crazy with anymore power in the near future. My last car was lucky to put down 120hp lol.

Haha, ok i'll expect to see you here in 3 days right? I've got a free spare bedroom, however you'd have to put up with me and 4 other females in the house.... :banana::banana::banana: On my way

thank you. I really love the look of your car though with the black on white. In fact, i saw your sig in another thread somewhere earlier when i was stalking to forums and i had seriously had thoughts on changing out my car to a black top because it looks so sharp!

Explain to me the difference between the two?

All the "leg humpers" ? Lol jk

matt87

Established Member
hey welcome aboard! really nice ride you have there. yes you have a tr 3650 not a t45. they are very very notchy, especially when cold. you could try having the fluid changed. cheaper than a rebuild. as for mods, well i'd say leave it be till you get used to it. then being a vert, the very first mod would be a sub frame connectors. really help stiffen up the uni-body construction. after that i'd do an aftermarket shifter. anything is better than stock and will help with shifting the 3650. those two mods alone will make the driving experience way more enjoyable.

Lynusan

Established Member
hey welcome aboard! really nice ride you have there. yes you have a tr 3650 not a t45. they are very very notchy, especially when cold. you could try having the fluid changed. cheaper than a rebuild. as for mods, well i'd say leave it be till you get used to it. then being a vert, the very first mod would be a sub frame connectors. really help stiffen up the uni-body construction. after that i'd do an aftermarket shifter. anything is better than stock and will help with shifting the 3650. those two mods alone will make the driving experience way more enjoyable.

Any brand shifter and SFC you would recommend?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Welcome to the wacky packy. Congrats on the purchase. These are great cars and very fun to modify. I just turned 73,000 miles on the stock clutch and engine and she runs great. She likes it rough too :)

Enjoy!

matt87

Established Member
for sfifters the general concensus is MGW then probally the steeda triax or pro 5.0. like i said any of those will feel 10X better than stock. for subframes go with maximum motorsports, cant go wrong with them. do note they need to be welded but i think you said you got that covered.

Lynusan

Established Member
for sfifters the general concensus is MGW then probally the steeda triax or pro 5.0. like i said any of those will feel 10X better than stock. for subframes go with maximum motorsports, cant go wrong with them. do note they need to be welded but i think you said you got that covered.

Ok, so next question then, where's the best place online to get them? Any suggestions? I don't live in the city so everything around here is priced well above normal sales prices and I try to buy a lot online. As for welding, yes the guy that rents from me is a welder in the army, was a mechanic previously and before that was an electrician in the navy. He's got me covered with a lot of this stuff...i'm assuming sfc aren't that hard to install?

matt87

Established Member
check the vendor section on here. places like american muscle or lethal performance are good places to start looking. subframes are easy just be sure the car is sitting normal with all 4 tires with weight on them or you'll end up with doors that wont shut right. hope this helps!

HouseOfPower

Haha, ok I'll expect to see you here in 3 days right? I've got a free spare bedroom, however you'd have to put up with me and 4 other females in the house....

And all 5 of you would have to put up with a male fitness model with two cobras.....ya'rly :coolman:

BTW lower it and drive....for real

Lynusan

Established Member
And all 5 of you would have to put up with a male fitness model with two cobras.....ya'rly :coolman:

BTW lower it and drive....for real

fitness model huh? I used to bodybuild about 2 year ago.

So lower my cobra? You obviously have no idea what kind of driver I am hahaha

Last edited:

HouseOfPower

fitness model huh? I used to bodybuild about 2 year ago. I don't know if I can have you in my home in that case though :p lol I'm the only non-single one in my group haha. You must just be now looking at the thread again because I had put my pictures up earlier...(i just took them down though because I didn't like them).

So lower my cobra? You obviously have no idea what kind of driver I am hahaha

yep, I manage a supplement company as well (anabolic innovations), and own a fitness forum http://www.modernfitnessforum.com/forum.php. I have several pics if proof is needed (since I know this is the internet and "nothing is true"). Yeah I just got back from training so this is the first look I've got at it since well earlier. Certainly unfortunate for me that I missed those lol although I'm happy for the others:beer: I do have a pm box...just sayin' :lol1:

but yeah throw some eibach pro kit springs on there for a moderate drop and it will enhance appearance and handling vastly. Drive careful girl

PS we do have one thing in common
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...m-now-new-edge-club-got-new-daily-driver.html

Last edited:

Lynusan

Established Member
yep, I manage a supplement company as well (anabolic innovations). I have several pics if proof is needed (since I know this is the internet and "nothing is true"). Yeah I just got back from training so this is the first look I've got at it since well earlier. Certainly unfortunate for me that I missed those lol although I'm happy for the others:beer: I do have a pm box...just sayin' :lol1:

but yeah throw some eibach pro kit springs on there for a moderate drop and it will enhance appearance and handling vastly. Drive careful girl

Haha, I'll trust you. I was a spokesgirl for a friend's supplement company when I was bodybuilding. But since I haven't done any serious lifting for almost 2 years now I don't do that anymore. I'm just suzy-freakin-homemaker now. Oh, and I can't PM yet for some reason. Not sure when that privilege will be bestowed upon me.

And I can't lower the car lol...I tend to hit too many things :p I'm lucky I haven't hit anything yet even with the car not lowered. And you'd hate to see me mess up my pretty new pony wouldn't you?? :p

HouseOfPower

Haha, I'll trust you. I was a spokesgirl for a friend's supplement company when I was bodybuilding. But since I haven't done any serious lifting for almost 2 years now I don't do that anymore. I'm just suzy-freakin-homemaker now. Oh, and I can't PM yet for some reason. Not sure when that privilege will be bestowed upon me.

And I can't lower the car lol...I tend to hit too many things :p I'm lucky I haven't hit anything yet even with the car not lowered. And you'd hate to see me mess up my pretty new pony wouldn't you?? :p

cool, which company? How could you go from bodybuilding to nothing????? I'd be lost without the gym :eek: lol here's a quick pic at the start of my summer cut. About 8 weeks left and I'm already feeling sluggish lol
Start my cut April 1st
that's on the website I own...you should check it out. Not trying to make a pass on a married woman on a car site BTW lmao. Just really cool you were into BB'ing and now cobras.

and you can DEFINITELY lower the car and still avoid stuff in the road....don't make excuses woman! lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread