New Cobra Owner

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
A decal on the hood? LED taillights? Aftermarket mirrors? Dear God woman, take my Taurus so you can rice it out, and give me the Cobra.

The only appearance mods you need to do with it are wheels, lowering springs, and maybe an S281 style spoiler. You can go all out and get an S281 body kit if you want, it will still look great, but none of these boy racerish mods you want to do are going to be looked at as stylish or tasteful.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I see you've edited many of your posts, but let's just say you sure weren't acting all that innocent at first. Seeing the edited posts only confirms that, or that you felt at least somewhat guilty. :read:

:lol: Get off her nuts BRO.

benleonheart

1 Step Closer to an SVT
Established Member
Greetings.
I have a v6.
And I'm looking for a 2001 Cobra to buy soon. (as you can see, I joined on March to start reading and reading and reading). But THIS thread deserved my 1st post.

I stumbled myself in this topic, because I wanted to read about user experiences with a "new cobra" for a "new owner".

I just smashed myself against a Massive wall of lulz.

Needless to say, OP has a nice, NICE car.
But, its a Mustang; meaning you do NOT have to rice it out (decals, ugly taillights, stripes or any of that).

That would just make you a laughing stock, even if youre a girl;
I'd trade you my black v6 so you can pimp it out west coast custom style...

I'm in no mood to offend the OP with my post, and I feel sort of proud that a woman comes here and posts ABOUT cars... That's really interesting.

My girl and I love to talk about cars, so, thats all good.

Keep up the good work, from Honduras I say; NICE car!!

And for LULZ sake, keep this thread alive for many years :)

and sorry for my english, its not that good... born, raised & living here.

Last edited:

Lynusan

Established Member
I see you've edited many of your posts, but let's just say you sure weren't acting all that innocent at first. Seeing the edited posts only confirms that, or that you felt at least somewhat guilty. :read:

Alright darlin, if you're going to attempt to call me out, at least have your sh*t straight before you do. I edited 3 posts in particular and removed them entirely, because people asked for pictures of me, so I put a few up so that people would know what I looked like, and then I removed them. Sure, for the few creepers that might have saved the photos to their computer, whatever, but I don't really care to have my photo out there continually for just whomever. I posted and then deleted. The avatar I can deal with because it's small enough. So maybe you should go back and read carefully.

Also, I already was pretty expressed about the fact that I'm married. I made an offhand comment which probably should have been better worded, when blown vert jokingly said he was on his way out here, that there were 5 females in my house. I assumed when I made that post that someone would make a joking comment about it (because at that time in the thread I was under the assumption that it was all polite, friendly, joking conversation), but no one did so I never took the opportunity to say that it was my female renter, myself and my 3 female dogs. Even then, I still commented that I wasn't the single one of the group. NEVER did I lead anyone on to believe that I was single or here to pick anyone up. Obviously my sarcasm seems to be lost on you (along with a handful of other people that have posted on this thread), so since you insist on continuing to read/post on this thread, I'll make my best attempt to refrain from any further sarcastic remarks...but in the meantime, if you wouldn't mind unwadding the pantyhose from your backside that would be a huge help. The crap you're talking about happened 10 pages and 2 days ago, and I was under the assumption that everyone had moved on....apparently not.

A decal on the hood? LED taillights? Aftermarket mirrors? Dear God woman, take my Taurus so you can rice it out, and give me the Cobra.

The only appearance mods you need to do with it are wheels, lowering springs, and maybe an S281 style spoiler. You can go all out and get an S281 body kit if you want, it will still look great, but none of these boy racerish mods you want to do are going to be looked at as stylish or tasteful.

Cut me some slack. :p I wasn't suggesting I wanted to do all those mods together. They were all just various things that had crossed my mind at one moment or another. Being on this forum has definitely given me a better idea of the direction I want to go in. There are a few people that have posted in this thread that genuinely have been polite and patient enough with me to give me their own *respectful* input. I'm NOT a performance car owner, I never have been before this, and I'm well aware that even considering just appearance mods, it's been a little overwhelming. I was NEVER into cars until recently, but I'm here online, reading and attempting to learn whatever I can. If I was so set on doing every mod I've listed or suggested, trust me, I would have done them already.

The ONLY thing I've purchased for this car is a spare set of factory mats so that I can keep the original mats for this car in new condition. I've called around on vinyl and I've looked into a few light bars. Those are the ONLY things I've actually made any effort to look into beyond posing a few questions here.

And sure, you're welcome to your opinion, since this thread is on a public forum, but at the end of the day it is still in fact my car. So, if you're going to give your opinion, the very least you can do is be polite about it.

Greetings.
I have a v6.
And I'm looking for a 2001 Cobra to buy soon. (as you can see, I joined on March to start reading and reading and reading). But THIS thread deserved my 1st post.

I stumbled myself in this topic, because I wanted to read about user experiences with a "new cobra" for a "new owner".

I just smashed myself against a Massive wall of lulz.

Needless to say, OP has a nice, NICE car.
But, its a Mustang; meaning you do NOT have to rice it out (decals, ugly taillights, stripes or any of that).

That would just make you a laughing stock, even if youre a girl;
I'd trade you my black v6 so you can pimp it out west coast custom style...

I'm in no mood to offend the OP with my post, and I feel sort of proud that a woman comes here and posts ABOUT cars... That's really interesting.

My girl and I love to talk about cars, so, thats all good.

Keep up the good work, from Honduras I say; NICE car!!

And for LULZ sake, keep this thread alive for many years :)

and sorry for my english, its not that good... born, raised & living here.

Thank you for the compliment on the car. And yes, I realize that there are a lot of things I asked about on here that I'm learning are not generally accepted by this community in terms of appearance mods. However, I've seen things done to cars (mustangs even) FARRR worse than anything I've even asked about. And I'm definitely not offended. You're one of the FEW recent posts where someone hasn't come in here with guns blazing and for absolutely no reason.

I'm just trying to prevent W.W.65000*.

*lost track of how many crazy bishes came and went in my tenure.

For wanting to prevent the "war" you sure know how to fuel the fire.

And if you're suggesting you want me gone, then fine, just say it. I'm not emotionally attached to this forum, or any online venue for that matter.

I did NOT come here looking to make waves. My first post on this thread was simply introducing myself, conversation got too chatty, and then it had begun getting back on track. If I was looking to create some uproar, I could have chosen a VERY different path than showing my car and telling who I was. The picture in my first post doesn't even have me in it for gods sake! My intention for joining and posting here was so that I could read, ask questions, make a few acquaintances, do some appearance mods, and learn about the rest of the car so that I could learn to do some of my own performance mods, or at the very least, learn how to properly take care of the car long term because I'd like it to remain something I can be proud of years from now. I don't care if I'm a chick, or even a minority in this hobby, I expect to be given the same respect that anyone here deserves, and maybe even the polite understanding that I don't know even a fraction of what many of you do about cars or mustangs even. So if any of you have an issue with that, that you just can't LET GO OF, then please speak up now before I invest any more time here, and I'll ask for my account to be deleted and I'll find somewhere else that can at least treat me with a nominal amount of respect. This is WAY too much drama for a forum full of people that I don't even know. Even my husband read this thread and thinks it's gotten ridiculous and people take things out of context far too easily.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Alright darlin, if you're going to attempt to call me out, at least have your sh*t straight before you do. I edited 3 posts in particular and removed them entirely, because people asked for pictures of me, so I put a few up so that people would know what I looked like, and then I removed them. Sure, for the few creepers that might have saved the photos to their computer, whatever, but I don't really care to have my photo out there continually for just whomever. I posted and then deleted. The avatar I can deal with because it's small enough. So maybe you should go back and read carefully.

Also, I already was pretty expressed about the fact that I'm married. I made an offhand comment which probably should have been better worded, when blown vert jokingly said he was on his way out here, that there were 5 females in my house. I assumed when I made that post that someone would make a joking comment about it (because at that time in the thread I was under the assumption that it was all polite, friendly, joking conversation), but no one did so I never took the opportunity to say that it was my female renter, myself and my 3 female dogs. Even then, I still commented that I wasn't the single one of the group. NEVER did I lead anyone on to believe that I was single or here to pick anyone up. Obviously my sarcasm seems to be lost on you (along with a handful of other people that have posted on this thread), so since you insist on continuing to read/post on this thread, I'll make my best attempt to refrain from any further sarcastic remarks...but in the meantime, if you wouldn't mind unwadding the pantyhose from your backside that would be a huge help. The crap you're talking about happened 10 pages and 2 days ago, and I was under the assumption that everyone had moved on....apparently not.

Cut me some slack. :p I wasn't suggesting I wanted to do all those mods together. They were all just various things that had crossed my mind at one moment or another. Being on this forum has definitely given me a better idea of the direction I want to go in. There are a few people that have posted in this thread that genuinely have been polite and patient enough with me to give me their own *respectful* input. I'm NOT a performance car owner, I never have been before this, and I'm well aware that even considering just appearance mods, it's been a little overwhelming. I was NEVER into cars until recently, but I'm here online, reading and attempting to learn whatever I can. If I was so set on doing every mod I've listed or suggested, trust me, I would have done them already.

The ONLY thing I've purchased for this car is a spare set of factory mats so that I can keep the original mats for this car in new condition. I've called around on vinyl and I've looked into a few light bars. Those are the ONLY things I've actually made any effort to look into beyond posing a few questions here.

And sure, you're welcome to your opinion, since this thread is on a public forum, but at the end of the day it is still in fact my car. So, if you're going to give your opinion, the very least you can do is be polite about it.

Thank you for the compliment on the car. And yes, I realize that there are a lot of things I asked about on here that I'm learning are not generally accepted by this community in terms of appearance mods. However, I've seen things done to cars (mustangs even) FARRR worse than anything I've even asked about. And I'm definitely not offended. You're one of the FEW recent posts where someone hasn't come in here with guns blazing and for absolutely no reason.

And if you're suggesting you want me gone, then fine, just say it. I'm not emotionally attached to this forum, or any online venue for that matter.

I did NOT come here looking to make waves. My first post on this thread was simply introducing myself, conversation got too chatty, and then it had begun getting back on track. If I was looking to create some uproar, I could have chosen a VERY different path than showing my car and telling who I was. The picture in my first post doesn't even have me in it for gods sake! My intention for joining and posting here was so that I could read, ask questions, make a few acquaintances, do some appearance mods, and learn about the rest of the car so that I could learn to do some of my own performance mods, or at the very least, learn how to properly take care of the car long term because I'd like it to remain something I can be proud of years from now. I don't care if I'm a chick, or even a minority in this hobby, I expect to be given the same respect that anyone here deserves, and maybe even the polite understanding that I don't know even a fraction of what many of you do about cars or mustangs even. So if any of you have an issue with that, that you just can't LET GO OF, then please speak up now before I invest any more time here, and I'll ask for my account to be deleted and I'll find somewhere else that can at least treat me with a nominal amount of respect. This is WAY too much drama for a forum full of people that I don't even know. Even my husband read this thread and thinks it's gotten ridiculous and people take things out of context far too easily.

I think you'll fit in quite nicely :rockon:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

I think what Kat is trying to say is that you have made it clear that you like the male attention in several of your posts. Now, don't get me wrong, you may have been kidding or sarcastic when you said it but the dumb ass guys on this forum don't know that. You have to choose your words fairly wisely or everyone will assume you are an idiot girl attention whore and they won't take you seriously or respect you.

It's great you are here to learn, I'm happy that you are trying to get input on your Cobra; however this forum isn't always nice chatter. That is something you should know right off the bat. You have to have thick skin around here and learn to ignore stuff. Asking people to be polite is wasted time, to be honest. It would be nice if everyone was, but that's just not how people are.

Anyway, I think a light bar would look great. Have you thought of getting some wheels for it? I think they would improve the look of your car quite a bit.

Lynusan

Established Member
I think what Kat is trying to say is that you have made it clear that you like the male attention in several of your posts. Now, don't get me wrong, you may have been kidding or sarcastic when you said it but the dumb ass guys on this forum don't know that. You have to choose your words fairly wisely or everyone will assume you are an idiot girl attention whore and they won't take you seriously or respect you.

It's great you are here to learn, I'm happy that you are trying to get input on your Cobra; however this forum isn't always nice chatter. That is something you should know right off the bat. You have to have thick skin around here and learn to ignore stuff. Asking people to be polite is wasted time, to be honest. It would be nice if everyone was, but that's just not how people are.

Anyway, I think a light bar would look great. Have you thought of getting some wheels for it? I think they would improve the look of your car quite a bit.

Actually, it wasn't "male" directed attention. I was simply happy that there were several people that jumped right in and not only welcomed me but were friendly with me. Sorry, but no one, no matter who you are, enjoys being ignored. I'm not *asking* anyone to be polite. I'm telling them if they can't be then they need to gtfoi and move on. I admittedly know nothing about cars compared to most people on here, but I'm definitely not some blonde bimbo and I'm not about to be treated like one. I'm entirely done with attempting to explain myself or apologize because someone else gets upset/offended/confused by something I've said.

As for the car, I like the wheels so they're staying for the time being.

benleonheart

1 Step Closer to an SVT
Established Member

Not to worry; I usually dont bust out guns, unless absolutely necessary, in which, in the end does not matter; because arguing over the internet is unnecessary...

I've also seen cars that are far worse... but in the end, and I'm dead honest, its your car :D, you bought it, you can do whatever you want...

Enjoy your stay, and try not to get soaked or sucked in with dumb comments or internet white knights, virtual U.N. ambassadors trying to set up world-peace...

Take care, and happy driving :D

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

Lynusan

Established Member
Not to worry; I usually dont bust out guns, unless absolutely necessary, in which, in the end does not matter; because arguing over the internet is unnecessary...

I've also seen cars that are far worse... but in the end, and I'm dead honest, its your car :D, you bought it, you can do whatever you want...

Enjoy your stay, and try not to get soaked or sucked in with dumb comments or internet white knights, virtual U.N. ambassadors trying to set up world-peace...

Take care, and happy driving :D

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

haha, yup, I'm over it. And thank you for that...that picture was the best laugh I had all day!

zPipes

Established Member
honestly, im going to unsubscribe from this post, there is no reason for this thread at all, its useless. you dont want info, you want attention. plain and simple. more pages about shit than about cars. gl with yours, if you want real answers you should try posting threads w/o chatter about life, pictures, etc. Time to grow up and see why your getting flamed here. a thread has questions about the problem or situation, and answers to it. thats all. try checking out other posts to see how they look.

** Btw you did say in one post you exploit your femininity. Sarcasm or not, we all are pretty sure you use that to your advantage. Also.. lol that you look nothing like your sig, was that 50 lbs ago?

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
I'd like to add a light bar and buy a hard tonneau cover.

Any feedback on those would be appreciated.

I'm not a big fan of light bars as they don't add any stiffness or safety in the event of a roll over.

Convertibles need all the help they can get in the chassis stiffness department. On my 2001 convertible, I welded in a Griggs racing roll bar and frame kit. With these parts, the car feels stiffer than a hard top and the squeaks and rattles are eliminated. Some people might call these modifications overkill, but overkill is exactly what is needed to stiffen up a mustang convertible.

Griggs racing roll bar(welds to B pillars and rear bulkheads instead of bolting in to the paper thin floorpan)
3255494757_97bd7e5206_b.jpg

3256325258_e069e655a3_b.jpg

Griggs frame kit(upper frame rails that connect to lower sub frames and bulkhead stiffeners that increase chassis stiffness 1000%)
4300916934_7178890b4e_b.jpg

By the way, congrats on purchasing an 01 Cobra.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread