New best with the Roush/TVS today

kevinp

Established Member
The shifting isnt great for sure, it just hangs at 7000rpm for what seems forever on thr 1-2 and 2-3 shift. With the 7psi pulley it doesnt do it that bad though.

Its possible it may be misfiring up there, I drive the car like an old man most of the time and the plugs may be just a little dirty. Problem is the plugs are so expensive for these it can get expensive throwing new plugs in all the time. I may pick up a set of the colder ford racing plugs just for track duty.

Kevin think you nailed it spark blow out! SC cars with colder plugs gap .035 minimum you still running the factory gap and plugs?

Still have the original plugs, but I did regap to .035 when I put the blower on. I used to run a procharged 8 second LS firebird and I have been around the block with spark plugs a few time with the factory ignition. I used to swap in a fresh set of colder plugs before I raced the car, at 3.00 each it wasnt a big deal, but at 10.00 each for these it gets a little pricey.

Once I switched to a BS3 with a little hotter spark all the plug issues went away, not sure if its an issue with this car or not since quite a few people run fast with the stock ignition. But I do drive this thing every day and the plugs look pretty cruddy after 8000 miles, for people that race all the time and dont drive much it may not be an issue for them.

Users who are viewing this thread