New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

scott_0

Established Member
received my 890 system yesterday, got it installed today. pretty straight forward install, had a hiccup trying to flash the module, had to call ADS customer service and let me tell you, the guy I dealt with was nothing short of simply awesome!!!!!! remotely connected to my computer and had me squared away in no time. as far as the install itself, it was real simple, the OBDII connections were dead easy, the Sync steering wheel wire was a bitch!!!!!! was real tight getting to it, and felt like every other wire looked blue with an orange stripe, but I found the wire and made the connection. every thing works as it should seemingly, and Im very happy with it so far. the dash kit is of great quality, and the Maestro RR was smaller than I pictured, but also good quality as were all the harnesses. Ill have some pics up tomorrow. again thanks to 2012GT/CS and Sound of Tristate

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Subscribed.

What's the big difference between the 890 and 990? Does the 890 read the OBd2 and gauge function?

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Aw hell. Anyone want to buy my scosche kit....wait never mind. I painted it black lol.

Looks like I may be getting one of these deals. I'll have to go play with the Kenwood units to see if I like them. Last time a couple years back I didn't think it was worth it to upgrade from my CDA-117, but I really like the idea of integrating the controls into the head unit.

scott_0

Established Member
Subscribed.

What's the big difference between the 890 and 990? Does the 890 read the OBd2 and gauge function?
the 990 is a wifi unit, not sure what other differences there are, but yes the 890 does indeed read the OBDII data, very cool feature!

Posted via Topify using Android

scott_0

Established Member
here's a few pics, I'm loving this setup, haven't had a chance to set everything up just yet

20131105_201732_zps39cffc8d.jpg

20131106_083157_zpsc39ed4a2.jpg

20131106_203700_zps6577c6dd.jpg

20131106_204017_zps1ca2d350.jpg

20131107_103405_zpsdc10cd90.jpg

20131107_103421_zpsdb9ffa88.jpg

mhyjek

Established Member
Nice! Wondering if you can get the analog feed and put boost as one of the gauges?

Dave_6

Established Member
Man that looks great! I had posted in here a couple days ago but I guess the post got lost so I'll post it again. My car is a base with the 301A package which adds SYNC. This will work with mine right?

scott_0

Established Member
Man that looks great! I had posted in here a couple days ago but I guess the post got lost so I'll post it again. My car is a base with the 301A package which adds SYNC. This will work with mine right?
yes it will work for your car, shoot 12V Guy a PM and sure he can help you out with any questions. I had to call ADS customer service during my install and the guy I dealt with was great!!!!!

RioRed4v

Established Member
received my 890 system yesterday, got it installed today. pretty straight forward install, had a hiccup trying to flash the module, had to call ADS customer service and let me tell you, the guy I dealt with was nothing short of simply awesome!!!!!! remotely connected to my computer and had me squared away in no time. as far as the install itself, it was real simple, the OBDII connections were dead easy, the Sync steering wheel wire was a bitch!!!!!! was real tight getting to it, and felt like every other wire looked blue with an orange stripe, but I found the wire and made the connection. every thing works as it should seemingly, and Im very happy with it so far. the dash kit is of great quality, and the Maestro RR was smaller than I pictured, but also good quality as were all the harnesses. Ill have some pics up tomorrow. again thanks to 2012GT/CS and Sound of Tristate

Good info. Thanks man. The pics look good too. Such an awesome setup.

Did you happen to install an XM tuner to go with the kit?

scott_0

Established Member
It looks great Scott! I really like that setup.
thanks man!!

Good info. Thanks man. The pics look good too. Such an awesome setup.

Did you happen to install an XM tuner to go with the kit?
no sir, I did not. if you're doing the install yourself, don't hesitate to PM me for tips

WOW! very clean setup, whats the cost on doing something like this?
I paid $1100 for the head unit, ads maestro dash kit, and the maestro rr module that retains steering wheel control and sync, and another $5 for an antenna adaptor. there are links a few pages back with great deals through sound of tristate

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
the 990 is a wifi unit, not sure what other differences there are, but yes the 890 does indeed read the OBDII data, very cool feature!

Posted via Topify using Android

How does it read obdII ?

Do you need a wired adapter that connect to the obd port under the dash ?

Thats really interesting...

scott_0

Established Member
How does it read obdII ?

Do you need a wired adapter that connect to the obd port under the dash ?

Thats really interesting...

taps into two wires (#6 and #14 on the OBDII connector, very easy to do. what ADS-idatalink and Kenwood have done here is just so kickass! the integration is seamless and smooth

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
taps into two wires (#6 and #14 on the OBDII connector, very easy to do. what ADS-idatalink and Kenwood have done here is just so kickass! the integration is seamless and smooth

My kit gets here tomorrow, so I'm curious about the taps you used. I've read mixed reviews for different types. What sort of taps did you use?

And yea, ill drop you a PM about XM portion. I purchased that as well but have no clue how to do it.

5.0_SD

Established Member
Stupid question...since your tapping in to the OBDII wires, do you lose the capability to plug a tuner or reader into the port? I assume not but just want to verify.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Does the climate button(external) send the HU straight to the climate control screen?

scott_0

Established Member
My kit gets here tomorrow, so I'm curious about the taps you used. I've read mixed reviews for different types. What sort of taps did you use?

And yea, ill drop you a PM about XM portion. I purchased that as well but have no clue how to do it.
absolutely PM me, I'll help you out, can PM you my cell number if need be. I used the 3M scotch locks I believe they are, the ones where you slip it over the wire to get the signal from, then place the second wire next to it (in our case the ADS wires) and use pliers to squeeze the connection into place, I've always had good luck with these, this was no different, they worked great!

Stupid question...since your tapping in to the OBDII wires, do you lose the capability to plug a tuner or reader into the port? I assume not but just want to verify.
no you do not lose the ability to connect to the port, I tapped in on the back side, up behind the connector. I used 3M scotch locks

Does the climate button(external) send the HU straight to the climate control screen?
Yes, you touch climate and it immediately opens the climate screen, it closes after a few seconds of inactivity and goes back to the previous screen. also when you hit any other climate related hard button you may have above the head unit, it opens the climate screen, until you stop pressing the buttons, I'll get a video together later for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread