New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

scott_0

Established Member
^^^ best info yet, and he is very knowledgeable, so I'd say you can take this info as accurate, that being said, my car has sync so I'm good to go, just need to scrap the funds together, thinking sometime soon after the holidays

2012GT/CS

Established Member
Hi,

Actually the climate control features disappear when you choose any of the steering wheels as it was a glitch on the site that it was showing at all. We cannot tell you in the main search result if that is going to work as we don't know if you are installing with our dash kit and or just with our T-harness and someone else's dash kit. If the latter, climate will not work in the radio as the climate controls in the other guy's kit cannot be functional at the same time as the ones in the radio. It's one or the other not both. We plan to enable a selection for what accessory you are using and then the result will be clear. However if you use our kit in a 2010-2014 Mustang, climate will work regardless of the equipment the car came with.

Sorry it is confusing, we are doing best we can for now. Bottom line, no one needs to fabricate anything. It will work.

12V Guy

This is correct it will work on any model which i have said already in this post. I'm excited to get the radio and back up camera in tomorrow :)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Hi,

Actually the climate control features disappear when you choose any of the steering wheels as it was a glitch on the site that it was showing at all. We cannot tell you in the main search result if that is going to work as we don't know if you are installing with our dash kit and or just with our T-harness and someone else's dash kit. If the latter, climate will not work in the radio as the climate controls in the other guy's kit cannot be functional at the same time as the ones in the radio. It's one or the other not both. We plan to enable a selection for what accessory you are using and then the result will be clear. However if you use our kit in a 2010-2014 Mustang, climate will work regardless of the equipment the car came with.

Sorry it is confusing, we are doing best we can for now. Bottom line, no one needs to fabricate anything. It will work.

12V Guy

When I called regarding this, I was told the opposite regarding sync and climate control. I'd even tested it on a buddies car who next day'd the setup and 990 KW didn't get the climate data. Are we 110% sure this works. Perhaps a firmware issues on Kenwood's behalf?!

If this is true and has been confirmed to work on someones vehicle w/o sync. I apologize for the misinformation on my behalf, as I was told inaccurate information. So I basically Ripped the install apart and put it back to stock.

Thanks for the clarification, perhaps touch base with all your folks internally so this is nailed down across the board.

12V Guy

Established Member
When I called regarding this, I was told the opposite regarding sync and climate control. I'd even tested it on a buddies car who next day'd the setup and 990 KW didn't get the climate data. Are we 110% sure this works. Perhaps a firmware issues on Kenwood's behalf?!

If this is true and has been confirmed to work on someones vehicle w/o sync. I apologize for the misinformation on my behalf, as I was told inaccurate information. So I basically Ripped the install apart and put it back to stock.

Thanks for the clarification, perhaps touch base with all your folks internally so this is nailed down across the board.

I have communicated with our tech support team. Sorry about that. You can "test drive" the programming here: iDatalink - Maestro - Demo RR - Main

Choose a Mustang that is covered - 2010 to 2014 without factory navi (choose Base). Then pick either the wheel without Sync or even the one with NO SW buttons at all. Then choose a proper Kenwood radio (you can use DNN990HD). You will then be asked if you will use the FO1 T-Harness or the MUS1 Dash Kit. Choose the dash kit. Then choose NEXT and you will get to a screen where you can program SW buttons and the buttons on the KIT. Try it.

If you want to try the install again, would be happy to help you and make sure it's working when we're done. Just PM me with how to contact you.

Cheers,
12V Guy

Last edited:

2012GT/CS

Established Member
I have good news for anyone part of this forum. I spoke to the people at Sound of Tri-state today and there giving us a special coupon code discount for members of this site. $30 off the dash kit plus free shipping. so $219.00 shipped!
coupon code is "MUSTANGLOVERS" and it is good until 12/31/13 they are also working on a Radio,dash kit,rear camers,steering wheel/sync harness package kit for our mustangs. Here is the contact info hope this helps people.

Joy Woodruff
Sound of Tri-State
302-792-9011 ext.122

scott_0

Established Member
^^^ wow nice! they are a quick drive for me to pick up. thx for getting that set up

Last edited:

14GT916

Established Member
I have good news for anyone part of this forum. I spoke to the people at Sound of Tri-state today and there giving us a special coupon code discount for members of this site. $30 off the dash kit plus free shipping. so $219.00 shipped!
coupon code is "MUSTANGLOVERS" and it is good until 12/31/13 they are also working on a Radio,dash kit,rear camers,steering wheel/sync harness package kit for our mustangs. Here is the contact info hope this helps people.

Joy Woodruff
Sound of Tri-State
302-792-9011 ext.122

So I want to get this kit for the DNX890HD but don't I still need the maestro rr for all the sync options to work?

12V Guy

Established Member
Yes you do Still need the rr which they sell. There also going to have one of their techs join this forum and help out with questions we may have.

Hi,

I work for ADS, the makers of the Maestro RR and the Dash kit. I am happy to answer any questions you all have.

Cheers,

12V Guy

scott_0

Established Member
Hi,

I work for ADS, the makers of the Maestro RR and the Dash kit. I am happy to answer any questions you all have.

Cheers,

12V Guy
Im looking to order this soon, Im going with the DNX890HD, what do I need to buy to make it all work? the dash kit and the maestro harness, what else so I can get it all at once?

14GT916

Established Member
Im looking to order this soon, Im going with the DNX890HD, what do I need to buy to make it all work? the dash kit and the maestro harness, what else so I can get it all at once?

You will also need the iPod plug for the stereo if you have an iPhone. Also Sirius tuner will be removed with the stock radio so you will need that as we'll if you want Sirius XM.

12V Guy

Established Member

You will need:

Compatible Kenwood Radio (2013 DNN/DNX model - DDX in NOT compatible)
MUS1 (ADS-KIT-MUS01) - the dash kit and wiring harness
ADS-MRR - The interface module that does all the magic. This part needs to be programmed online at install time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
12V Guy

scott_0

Established Member
You will also need the iPod plug for the stereo if you have an iPhone. Also Sirius tuner will be removed with the stock radio so you will need that as we'll if you want Sirius XM.
no iphone here, thanks for the info!

You will need:

ADS-MRR - The interface module that does all the magic. This part needs to be programmed online at install time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
12V Guy
thank you sir!!! really looking forward to this setup :D

RioRed4v

Established Member
You will need:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
12V Guy

This list keeps Sync and factory Sirius working?

12V Guy

Established Member
This list keeps Sync and factory Sirius working?

Sync will be retained. You cannot retain factory Sirius as it is INSIDE the OEM radio that is removed from the car. You need to buy and install the aftermarket tuner - SVX200.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread