New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! A video would be great. I'd like to see the lag time between button pushes and switching things on the radio.

scott_0

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! A video would be great. I'd like to see the lag time between button pushes and switching things on the radio.
yeah I'm working on finding time to put a video together, there really isn't any lag to speak of.......

Can you display analog feed under gauges?
no sir, I don't see that being an option unfortunately

What's the cord under the unit for?
that's my USB cord, there are two ports in the pocket below the head unit

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
Been trying to take lots of pics of my install. So far its been going pretty good. Had a mixup with the parts that were delivered so I should be getting the RR unit tonight, which is all I have left to install to get the head unit working:banana:

Then have to run my RCA's and remote wire to get my amp connected to the deck.

Pretty straight forward install though. As mentioned, the SYNC wire was a PITA, especially trying to do it alone and read the voltage.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I'm in Philly. Do these guys do installation? I don't know my a-hole from my elbow when it comes to radio stuff.

USMCCOBRA

Just wanted to ask,

I have a 2010 Mustang GT with the crappy base steering wheel.

I've been looking at the Pioneer 8500bhs. Would this awesome Kit and Pioneer Stereo work on my base model Mustang? I want to retain all the climate controls... I don't really care for the fancy other functions. Sorry if it has been asked.

scott_0

Established Member
Just wanted to ask,

I have a 2010 Mustang GT with the crappy base steering wheel.

I've been looking at the Pioneer 8500bhs. Would this awesome Kit and Pioneer Stereo work on my base model Mustang? I want to retain all the climate controls... I don't really care for the fancy other functions. Sorry if it has been asked.

unfortunately, it only works with certain Kenwood units

nux1

Established Member
yes it will work for your car, shoot 12V Guy a PM and sure he can help you out with any questions. I had to call ADS customer service during my install and the guy I dealt with was great!!!!!

Your setup looks great. I have a couple of questions maybe you can answer. The harness looks like there was some wire patching. Was it just connecting the dash kit to the RR or did you need to splice into the cars harness besides the ODBII splice? I had setup that showed gauges but that was over bluetooth so there was some lag. Do the tach or gauge displays lag or are they instant? Also with the heater controls do you not have any control until the head unit boots or do the top buttons work before? I saw your pictures and didn't see the buttons to turn on the heated seats. Does your car not have them or does the kit not support it?

I see you got the DNX890HD but I really like having a volume knob even with the steering controls. Does anyone know if the DNN770HD also support the ODBII functions? I really like the gauge and tire pressure display.

scott_0

Established Member
Your setup looks great. I have a couple of questions maybe you can answer. The harness looks like there was some wire patching. Was it just connecting the dash kit to the RR or did you need to splice into the cars harness besides the ODBII splice? I had setup that showed gauges but that was over bluetooth so there was some lag. Do the tach or gauge displays lag or are they instant? Also with the heater controls do you not have any control until the head unit boots or do the top buttons work before? I saw your pictures and didn't see the buttons to turn on the heated seats. Does your car not have them or does the kit not support it?

I see you got the DNX890HD but I really like having a volume knob even with the steering controls. Does anyone know if the DNN770HD also support the ODBII functions? I really like the gauge and tire pressure display.

thank you! the factory harnesses do not get cut or hacked up at all, the connections you see are for the RR module. I don't use the gauges all that much really, but there doesn't seem to be any lag in the a/f, speed, or tach readings. yes, all 2013 dnx and dnn models will work

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
AHHHHH! Now that I'm wanting to get another GPS, I'm really wanting to buy this...dammit.

How does the Nav work for you guys that have it already installed? Does the GPS read a pretty accurate speed? And what about navigation (map, traffic, etc) updates, are they free??

nux1

Established Member
thank you! the factory harnesses do not get cut or hacked up at all, the connections you see are for the RR module. I don't use the gauges all that much really, but there doesn't seem to be any lag in the a/f, speed, or tach readings. yes, all 2013 dnx and dnn models will work

Thanks for the reply. This sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Now to find $1100 by the end of the month.

Last edited:

m4tic

Established Member
Again, this will def work for a 2014 GT Base? Climate/obd dynamics will operate on the kenwood headunit? Along with steering wheel controls? I'll order the dnx690 package from tri-state right now (before the cutoff :p ) if so.

and the answer to my question
Browse Album :: 2014 Mustang GT

aaaaaand i bought the DNX890HD+kit

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
to the OP....how are you liking that 990?

if you haven't done so, DEFINITELY do the newest firmware via kenwood. it wakes this unit up significantly!

14GT916

Established Member
I love my 990.
6165BB1E-299B-4FF8-9CB2-4ED529E1EB9A_zpsvgjbziqq.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
to the OP....how are you liking that 990?

if you haven't done so, DEFINITELY do the newest firmware via kenwood. it wakes this unit up significantly!

does the firmware update wipe all your settings? is it difficult? I don't wanna brick my unit lol

14GT916

Established Member
It's easy and it won't erase all your settings. Follow the directions on the download process and you will be fine. Make sure you keep your car on.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
does the firmware update wipe all your settings? is it difficult? I don't wanna brick my unit lol
you literally download the file.... unzip the contents directly onto a blank flash drive, plug in the flash drive, put the radio into standby, and go to settings software and update... done

takes about 15 minutes tops, start the car and just let it run during the process. when its all done it will have you unplug the usb drive and it will reboot. done. :beer:

i sell these units every day. I hated them until this last firmware update. I update kenwood radios daily as well. Very little with these radios i havent seen or experienced

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I love my 990.
ive been flashing the boot logos on the ones here at work. when they boot they now show our company logo..LOL

there is a hidden menu on the units that kenwood uses for flashing them. As you know the radio runs on android so because of this there has to be a bootloader. they use this boot loader to pull runtime stats and flash the units with their "service" firmwares

Users who are viewing this thread