New 1/2 mile record? 240.64 mph / Underground Racing Gallardo @ Pikes Peak

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Would your strategy really differ all that much? Accelerate as fast as you can. That last 1/2 mile goes by pretty darn quick at these speeds. The Lambo in this vid is significantly faster at every split.

How much is gearing at play in these cars? Does the Gallardo have the gearing to finish out a mile at 280? What do the FGTs look like? The video I just saw had M2K's car doing 280mph and they basically just put off the line until 3rd gear it sounds.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
How much is gearing at play in these cars? Does the Gallardo have the gearing to finish out a mile at 280? What do the FGTs look like? The video I just saw had M2K's car doing 280mph and they basically just put off the line until 3rd gear it sounds.

Gearing would be the big question.

AWD is a huge advantage obviously. I would assume power of both cars is probably in the same ballpark, but the Lambo is able to accelerate harder over a greater distance. If the stars were to align just right, it would a recipe for a potentially astonishing 1 mile speed.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member

Gearing is huge in this. Not sure what UGR has setup in these cars, but you would have to assume they have gear ratios that are ideal for 1/2 mile racing.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Gearing is huge in this. Not sure what UGR has setup in these cars, but you would have to assume they have gear ratios that are ideal for 1/2 mile racing.

+1 Gearing is the difference between 1/2 and full mile. Especially for those super cars, running out of gear before the mile would be the big concern.

Hell, even with a minimally modded 14 GT500 with 3.73s I was crossing the line at 6100 rpm in 5th (8200 DA). Running into over-rev at those speeds isn't desirable. If I pullied and ran a more aggressive tune or were at lower elevation I would have definitely run out of gear. That's with a lowly 720-ish ponies.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
^^^^ - imo this is why none of these awd lambos are running the mile. They more than likely do in fact have the gearing to go 280+ mph but nobody wants to risk grenading a front driveshaft at that speed because you would get killed or seriously injured even with a rollcage....

RussZTT

Established Member
That's Gidi's car. Met him few months back at the half mile event in Ocala. He also has another UG Gallardo stage X that went almost 230mph in Ocala. He told me the other day his Orange one is getting prepped for the Texas Invitational. He also has one of if not the quickest GTR's. He bought his gf a Hurican as well.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
That's Gidi's car. Met him few months back at the half mile event in Ocala. He also has another UG Gallardo stage X that went almost 230mph in Ocala. He told me the other day his Orange one is getting prepped for the Texas Invitational. He also has one of if not the quickest GTR's. He bought his gf a Hurican as well.

Yeah I regularly see him driving his X Version Gallardo here in the SF Bay Area. Haven't seen it the past year or so, but it was always getting posted on snapchat by car spotters. Haven't see the GTR yet, but I believe it's a dedicated drag car with a filled block and doesn't run on anything you'd find at a pump.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

What does he do as a career?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I wonder that modded 2017 Ford GT would do. I can't wait to see them at these types of events. I can only dream. Props to UGR.

Users who are viewing this thread