New 1/2 mile record? 240.64 mph / Underground Racing Gallardo @ Pikes Peak

TClark22

Established Member
Thats fast. Like rocket fast. only 50mph needed to finish a record mile as well...lol

Whats the mile record ford GT run in the 1/2?

Morgan

Established Member

It's been a few years, and with a different tuner, but I think it's actually done 218 in the half.

Not really a direct comparison anyhow. They use boost by gear to really neuter it until 4th and 5th.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
It's been a few years, and prior to the current tuner, but I think it's actually done 238 in the half.

Not really a direct comparison anyhow. They use boost by gear to really neuter it until 4th and 5th.

They haven't been anywhere close to 220mph in the 1/2 mile let alone 238mph. Here is the mph split from their record run in April.

157.5mph in 1/4 mile
207.3mph in 1/2 mile
279.9mph in 1 mile

As a side note all of the big time players at the 1/2 mile use boost by gear. UGR has it setup on their Motec as does Heffner and Dallas Performance.

Last edited:

Morgan

Established Member
They haven't been anywhere close to 220mph in the 1/2 mile let alone 238mph. Here is the mph split from their record run in April.

157.5mph in 1/4 mile
207.3mph in 1/2 mile
279.9mph in 1 mile

As a side note all of the big time players at the 1/2 mile use boost by gear. UGR has it setup on their Motec as does Heffner and Dallas Performance.

As I said, it was several years ago. 218 is the correct number, I fixed the post. Feel free to go back to 2012 or so and you'll see I'm correct.

I appreciate you posting the April stats, but they've gone faster than 279, too; and the truth is, that car now goes faster in the mile and slower in the half.

On edit, 218.5 October 2014

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
As I said, it was several years ago. 218 is the correct number, I fixed the post. Feel free to go back to 2012 or so and you'll see I'm correct.

I appreciate you posting the April stats, but they've gone faster than 279, too; and the truth is, that car now goes faster in the mile and slower in the half.

On edit, 218.5 October 2014

Well even with the edit 218mph is light years slower than 240mph when you're talking about just 1/2 mile. Not taking away from anything, but numbers are numbers.

What did they run since then? 279.9 seems to be the fastest I can find.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The Cockiness was High at the 3:50 mark, chomp on that gum and act like a badass Stacey only to suffer defeat!:cryying:

[youtube_browser]pcHumlKI5EE[/youtube_browser]

Morgan

Established Member
Well even with the edit 218mph is light years slower than 240mph when you're talking about just 1/2 mile. Not taking away from anything, but numbers are numbers.

What did they run since then? 279.9 seems to be the fastest I can find.

Arkansas Mile. Check the M2K Fb page.

I posted to clarify the ~205 response, the GT has gone quite a bit faster and could certainly post a higher number, but mile racing commands a different strategy.

HaHa! Not hating on UGR talent, Just the CHEESEBALLNESS!:-D

lol

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Arkansas Mile. Check the M2K Fb page.

I posted to clarify the ~205 response, the GT has gone quite a bit faster and could certainly post a higher number, but mile racing commands a different strategy.

Where can I find info on this Arkansas mile? I don't have facebook.

Morgan

Established Member
Google Arkansas Mile- it was a few weeks ago in Blythesville.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Man, that must've happened on Sunday - they were no where near that on Saturday. There were some really nice cars out there.

Just curious, does elevation play into holding the record?

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
the GT has gone quite a bit faster and could certainly post a higher number, but mile racing commands a different strategy.

Would your strategy really differ all that much? Accelerate as fast as you can. That last 1/2 mile goes by pretty darn quick at these speeds. The Lambo in this vid is significantly faster at every split.

Users who are viewing this thread