Neighbor doesn't like me smoking - Throws eggs at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
background:

About 2 weeks ago while I was outside on my balcony using my laptop and having a ciggy. This guy rolls up on roller blades from across the street. Apparently he lives in the apartment COMPLEX next to mine (not next door to me in the same complex). He yells, "hey you!'. I ignored as most people walking by want a free smoke. Again he yells. I look down. He starts in with "I live in the complex next door to you. Your smoke blows in my apartment. I'd appreciate if you didn't smoke up there."

I sat there, staring at him thinking, "Are you kidding? You are 20 yards away."

He then repeats himself, adding "I'm a lung cancer patient and I can smell your smoke" and rolls off. I shrug it off as one of those overly sensitive "I hate smokers" types.

Now mind you, I don't smoke inside my apartment. This area I smoke in faces the street and is the farthest point from him. If I moved to smoke out my front door, it would be much closer and a direct line of sight to him. So there's not much else I can do to try to be a "good neighbor".

So tonight, I'm on my balcony with my laptop as usual. While I'm there having a ciggy, I hear a thud sound like someone threw something. Next thing I know, I see a flying thing out of my peripheral vision and *smack* into my wall on my balcony.

I get up and see him walking back to his apartment. I investigate. It's an egg. Now I'm thinking "WTF!". I go into my bedroom where I can see his apartment with my vidcam to see if I can capture anything. No luck. I hear another *smack* and see him walking back to his apartment. I have no idea where the other egg hit.

So, I called the police to file a vandalism/harassment/disturbing the peace/whatever. The dispatcher said if there was no damage, there's nothing they can do. I was in awe. I asked if it's legal for him to throw eggs at me on my balcony. She replied, "There's nothing we can do without any damage." Of course, when I asked if I could throw things back at him, that was a negative as he could call the cops on me. Odd.

She suggested calling the manager at the apartment complex next door. I will do that. However, any suggestions? I don't this escalated and ending up with damage to my car, etc. Suggestions?

Since this thread is useless without pics, here they are:

egg1.jpg

egg2.jpg

97cobraheaven

Established Member
I WOULD WALK OVER and give a verbal warning that if he is throwing eggs and you catch him doing it you are going to come beat his ass!

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Thats pretty damn funny. Why cant you throw eggs at him, thats really wierd. If hes smart he wont waste alot of eggs on you, so I wouldnt worry about it. Just continue your daily routine.

UCBeau

i think its best if he doesn't escalate the situation any further..he parks outside so his cars would be easy targets

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Yea, but I'm guessing the next step isn't going to be eggs. Its going to be rocks or who knows what at me or my car.

03DOHC

Established Member
djc said:
Suggestions?
I have some.

Set up a video camera, that isn't obvious, pointing at the asshat egg thrower's apartment. Make sure the asshat is home and start smoking. When you get him throwing an egg at your place on tape hire someone to come and clean the egg off of your property and then present him with the bill. When he refuses to pay take him to court. When he harasses you afterward get a restraining order.

If that doesn't work beat the living shit out of him when no one is around since the law obviously doesn't work.

Smoking is not illegal, yet.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
I was surprised at the dispatcher's reaction. I figured they'd send someone out, even if it wasn't a cop to take a report.

I have no problems attempting to be a good neighbor, but short of leaving my house and walking up the street, there's no farther place to smoke from this guy's house. I don't think there's going to be a solution that's going to make him happy. I mean, he's 20 yards away and it STILL bothers him!

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
you know how to make a potato gun??

lol thats exactly what i was thinking after reading the first post. one of my friends built a potato gun that could launch a potato at least 1 block. the thing was insane and loud as hell

Frank

03DOHC

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
lol thats exactly what i was thinking after reading the first post. one of my friends built a potato gun that could launch a potato at least 1 block. the thing was insane and loud as hell

Frank
And also highly illegal, a federal offense I believe.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
03DOHC said:
And also highly illegal, a federal offense I believe.

it can definitly be dangerous in the wrong hands. close range it could mangle a metal trash can. it would probably hurt like hell to get shot with it. it was fun, but i can definitly understand why it would be illegal.

Frank

AcE XBOX

Banned
Do it Sam Fisher status. Hide until he is alone, then hit him on the back of his head and knock him out. After that beat his ass and throw him in a ditch.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
Go down to the store and buy the biggest smelly cigar you can find and some balloons and fill them up with water and when he comes over to complain just roll one off on him.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
I dont know man. Too me it is a pretty obvious answer. Walk up to his apartment stand there with a cartonn of eggs, and a lit ciggerate. Repeatedly throw them at his door until he comes out. When he does, blow smoke in his face, and then gracefully land a nice right hook on his temple. Anything else is not civilized.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
ok, now back to reality...

don't forget this is CA. The victim's are powerless, yet retaliation will get YOU in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread