Neighbor doesn't like me smoking - Throws eggs at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

03CobraDude

Get a big cigar, get some water baloons, fill them up with piss, and have some fun... If at first you dont succeed, try again, then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool out of it.

Whole New World

Established Member
the best thing i can think of right now, is to keep smokin, cuz he can't do nuthin about it, and just aware ur tennant or whatever ya call him, and tell him the dude is throwin eggs at ur appartment. because obvisouly the law don't give a damn

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
Honestly man, i dont think you should keep smokin out there i would get very angry if i had smoke coming into my house. I have fought with friends for smokin around me. Just find a new place to suck on a cigg and leave at that avoid the problem. If anything happens to that guycause of your smoke and he warned you about his problem, your in big problems.
Thats me 2cent.

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
Can I clarify something for a second? In the State of California:

Assault is 'unlawful attempt, coupled with a present ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another' (note: 'attempt', there is no such thing as attempted assault)

Battery is 'any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another'

Therefore Throwing an egg at someone is assault. If you tried to punch someone and missed, you could still be charged with assault. However since he wasnt hit by the egg it is not the popular 'Assault and Battery'. However since he lives in a big city Im positive his police force doesnt have enough resources to expend on an egg thrower.

The big problem would be, and probably the main reason why the police didn't show up is; with out any witnesses, and not actually being hit by the egg how would he prove the egg was thrown at him, and not his apartment. And unfortunatly there is no way to prove that, and if he can't prove it was an attempt to committ injury then there was no assault.

Just thought I'd clear up why the police were hesitant to send an officer.

31C

Chameleon

Established Member
Although I realize that most of these responses are made in jest, don't do ANYTHING that will put you in a position where you have broken the law also. If your managers fail to take action you can find out who owns the building. That information is on file at the County Recorders office. The only thing that you need is the address of the building.

Write a letter to the owner of the building that his tennant threw an egg at you and include the photos. Mention in your letter that you feel personally threatened by his actions. Send the letter registered mail with a return receipt or any other method in which you will have proof that the property owner received it. Ask for a response as to what action the owner is going to take.

Unless the owner is a complete moron he will evict the tennant as soon as he legally can. No property owner wants a tennant like the egg thrower and you will have put the owner on notice that he has a problem tennant.

That's my 02.

UCBeau

Turbo Cobra said:
Honestly man, i dont think you should keep smokin out there i would get very angry if i had smoke coming into my house. I have fought with friends for smokin around me. Just find a new place to suck on a cigg and leave at that avoid the problem. If anything happens to that guycause of your smoke and he warned you about his problem, your in big problems.
Thats me 2cent.
if you can't smoke outside your OWN apartment, on your OWN balcony, where can you smoke? the guy can just as easily close his windows. besides, if the jackass gets lung cancer, he can't sue about it, he's got nothing to go on. secondhand smoke from 50 feet away isn't exactly a slam dunk legally...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
1st of all the dispatcher was completely out of line. They do not make the decision weather or not a police officer should be sent or not. They simply receive calls and dispatch officers according to location and priority. If I were you I would call and request a supervisor to respond to your apt and advise that supervisor of how the call taker hadled the call the 1st time. Then advise him that you would like something done about the egg throwing DONE! Don't let a know nothing call taker tell you that you or your property are not entitled to the protection of the law. I would be FUMED if that happened to me and me being an LEO or not I would have had a peace of that call takers ass. You never know now adays what this kind of thing is going to escalate to and for them to refuse to dispatch an Officer is flat out grounds for termination.

MODDED97GT

Established Member
Next time he throws eggs go in your refrigerator and crack an egg on your head then call 911 and blame it on him!!!!!!!

The Rooster

Banned
Or...

If you don't have the stomach for killing you can always go to the local animal shelter and get a dog to release on him. They usually have a few means ones there that will eat most full sized adults without making too much of a mess...

The Rooster

Banned
SanDiego01Snake said:
if you can't smoke outside your OWN apartment, on your OWN balcony, where can you smoke? the guy can just as easily close his windows. besides, if the jackass gets lung cancer, he can't sue about it, he's got nothing to go on. secondhand smoke from 50 feet away isn't exactly a slam dunk legally...

Did he say a lung cancer victim on rollerblades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread