Need some advice for pricing an '11-14 GT

ARC

Established Member
I might be interested in getting an '11-14 GT (with or without track package). The premium (leather seats) aren't really a big deal either. What kind of price should I be looking to buy at? I'm going to get it from a dealer if I do get one because I have a trade-in with some negative equity on it unfortunately. Anyway, how many miles should be the most I look for? There's one here in town with 50k miles 2012 GT no track package and they want $24,000 for it. Seems really high for the number of miles. Is it possible to get a better deal?

I live in San Antonio. If anyone knows where to get a good deal here or close by in Texas then please let me know!! Thanks

1badd89

Established Member
From what Ive seen with that miles (depending on equipment) thats the top of the price range on em. 21-24k seems to be what a mid mileage one goes for

ARC

Established Member
From what Ive seen with that miles (depending on equipment) thats the top of the price range on em. 21-24k seems to be what a mid mileage one goes for

Cool, thanks for the info. What do you think about this offer here in my town? Plus side is that it has leather seats and it's a manual. Downside is no track package. Also, it has only 24,000-ish miles on it. Think I could negotiate it to a lower price?

http://www.npcornerlot.com/vehicle-details/2012-ford-mustang-gt-san-antonio-tx-id-9075842

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I look every once in a while and 11-14 GT's in my area that are worth a damn (IE under 40k, good options/color, 6MT) are still mid to high $20's.

My buddy wants to buy a 11-14 5.0 near DFW area and he cant find much in the low $20's either unless it has crazy mileage, autofagic base, etc.

Cars dont depreciate like they used to unless you are on the selling end, then theyre worth jack shit.

1badd89

Established Member
Lower miles. Leather. But no track pack and kona (not my favorite color). At least from what cars ive looked at thats pretty close to what similar cars go for. I looked at a base base '11 black, M6, with 55k and they wanted like 21.6 for it. Then on the other extreme theres a loaded out '14 white, M6, with 11k on here and he wants 27

ARC

Established Member
I look every once in a while and 11-14 GT's in my area that are worth a damn (IE under 40k, good options/color, 6MT) are still mid to high $20's.

My buddy wants to buy a 11-14 5.0 near DFW area and he cant find much in the low $20's either unless it has crazy mileage, autofagic base, etc.

Cars dont depreciate like they used to unless you are on the selling end, then theyre worth jack shit.

Well said, thanks. I know the feeling of selling a car and the dealership acting like it's not worth a penny..

Lower miles. Leather. But no track pack and kona (not my favorite color). At least from what cars ive looked at thats pretty close to what similar cars go for. I looked at a base base '11 black, M6, with 55k and they wanted like 21.6 for it. Then on the other extreme theres a loaded out '14 white, M6, with 11k on here and he wants 27

Kona isn't the best color, I agree. I want white, but it's hard to find the perfect combination here (unless you order it new). At least I know this is within the realm of what's considered a decent deal.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If I was buying a 11-14 GT, here are my must haves.

Recaros, cloth or leather. The other seats pretty much flat out suck.

I like the touch screen Nav. After having it in my last 4 vehicles, it's something I have to have.

Brembo's, because you get the best factory wheels. Looks and sizing.

A6. The MT82 is garbage and mod for mod the A6 will walk an M6.

So my ideal 11-14 GT would be a 13-14 in GHIG or GB, A6, Premium with leather recaros, NAV and Brembo package. $28K tops.

Kornilov

Established Member
If I was buying a 11-14 GT, here are my must haves.

Recaros, cloth or leather. The other seats pretty much flat out suck.

I like the touch screen Nav. After having it in my last 4 vehicles, it's something I have to have.

Brembo's, because you get the best factory wheels. Looks and sizing.

A6. The MT82 is garbage and mod for mod the A6 will walk an M6.

So my ideal 11-14 GT would be a 13-14 in GHIG or GB, A6, Premium with leather recaros, NAV and Brembo package. $28K tops.

Do A6 cars even come with the Brembo package? I know the track pack cars are only manuals.

Agree on seats & MT82, MT82 leaves some to be desired, but no way should you buy an A6 unless your only priority is drag times. For actual DRIVING you need/want an M6.

OP, track pack is a must have.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Do A6 cars even come with the Brembo package? I know the track pack cars are only manuals.

Agree on seats & MT82, MT82 leaves some to be desired, but no way should you buy an A6 unless your only priority is drag times. For actual DRIVING you need/want an M6.

OP, track pack is a must have.

13/14 you could get a brembo package which came with the trackpak wheels, but not the suspension or the coolers.

Only reason to purchase a M6 over the A6 is if you plan to roadcourse the vehicle. The A6 is superior as a DD(traffic) and better in the 1/4, which is what 75+% of the people on this site do. Or roll racing. Very rare we see any discussion regarding going to a roadcourse.

Last edited:

Kornilov

Established Member
13/14 you could get a brembo package which came with the trackpak wheels, but not the suspension or the coolers.

Only reason to purchase a M6 over the A6 is if you plan to roadcourse the vehicle. The A6 is superior as a DD(traffic) and better in the 1/4, which is what 75+% of the people on this site do. Or roll racing. Very rare we see any discussion regarding going to a roadcourse.

Please :rolleyes: If youre too lazy to drive a manual in traffic, you dont give a shit about actually driving period. I drive DC traffic everyday and would never get an auto Mustang.

A6 are for drag racers, middle aged dudes who have back and knee pains, and hairdressers. If you want to experience piloting your car, you need to row your gears.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Please :rolleyes: If youre too lazy to drive a manual in traffic, you dont give a shit about actually driving period. I drive DC traffic everyday and would never get an auto Mustang.

A6 are for drag racers, middle aged dudes who have back and knee pains, and hairdressers. If you want to experience piloting your car, you need to row your gears.

thanks for your input. I already have a GT500. How would you like your hair cut?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Bahaha this is fantastic. Agree 100%.

My worthless MT82 has never missed a shift on me and VERY MUCH adds to the driving experience...

I will say if you plan to go boost in any form... stay away from 3.73s. MT82s gearing is too aggressive for that rear end.

Sizeth3

Established Member
If I were to buy one today, I would be looking for a 13/14 A6 car. I like the updates that the 13 and 14 received. I would try to pay $24k.

I bought a 13 A6 Premium impact blue from a stealership last summer for $27k, only option it doesn't have is nav, with 7k miles. I felt pretty good about that, but they were asking $32k.

I actually set out to buy an M6 car. Researched the M6 and found thread after thread of issues. Each to their own, if I had found thread after thread of issues with the A6 I would be driving the M6.

ARC

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, the track package is only a manual transmission deal. Below is a link to a car I just got done test driving. Seemed kinda cool. Was a little dirty, but they can take care of that. It drove pretty well. The stock exhaust is a "stainless steel" exhaust. It's louder than a regular exhaust, but it still has a muffler. That came from the factory. There's an official MFG sticker on the link if you want to look at it. I need your opinions, guys. Should I buy this car (assuming I can't get it any lower than $23,995?). It's a bit of a compromise since it doesn't have the track package and it's got 235 mm tires on all four corners. Thanks

http://www.npcornerlot.com/vehicle-details/2012-ford-mustang-gt-san-antonio-tx-id-9075842

ARC

Established Member
I have a 2013 premium m6 with 11k. I'd take 26ish

I appreciate that, but I'd have to buy my car through a dealer. I don't have that kind of cash. I'm trading in my current car if I do get a different one.

Users who are viewing this thread