Need some advice for pricing an '11-14 GT

ARC

Established Member
Yeah, they offered a bit low for my trade in car. I still don't understand how I'm supposed to buy a used car then. I don't think they will tell me what they paid for the car. I'm confused :p

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
I bought mine at Cecil In San Antonio, go see Louis, good guy to deal with, straight shooter. Paid $23,900, 1 1/2 years ago, shipped to PA. 2011 base GT A6 34K on it, clean one owner car, sold by them & serviced by them, then traded back in.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Get a late 2014 noted on here that it has 15 short block in it. M6 guys bash on A6 guys all the time the days of stick unless you auto cross you just cant compare yes a stock M6 is going to beat a A6. Ford put a lot of time into the A6 were the M6 is full of china parts that wear or break. Buy what makes you happy if you can find a late 14 snag it.. Good luck

ARC

Established Member
Negotiation. What's your trade and what did they offer?
Say 20k and see what they say. Ask a dealer from here to get you latest auction prices.

2014 Honda Accord LX great condition 6,300 miles on it. They only offered $16,000 for it. $20k for what? The stang or my honda? lmao

I bought mine at Cecil In San Antonio, go see Louis, good guy to deal with, straight shooter. Paid $23,900, 1 1/2 years ago, shipped to PA. 2011 base GT A6 34K on it, clean one owner car, sold by them & serviced by them, then traded back in.

I see they have one mustang available. no price on it. I might see them, idk.

ARC

Established Member
Get a late 2014 noted on here that it has 15 short block in it. M6 guys bash on A6 guys all the time the days of stick unless you auto cross you just cant compare yes a stock M6 is going to beat a A6. Ford put a lot of time into the A6 were the M6 is full of china parts that wear or break. Buy what makes you happy if you can find a late 14 snag it.. Good luck

Dude I am seriously confused by this post. a '14 GT with a '15 short block in it? I'm only looking at dealerships. I don't have the cash for a private sale. Also, I guess you mean in an auto cross event an M6 will win. But I'm not interested in an auto cross. The automatic is better for drag racing. I'm glad to hear the automatics are built stronger though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
2014 Honda Accord LX great condition 6,300 miles on it. They only offered $16,000 for it. $20k for what? The stang or my honda? lmao

I see they have one mustang available. no price on it. I might see them, idk.

I think you are crazy! Just put in 14 accord lx into autotrader and most of them are selling between 22 and 21. So you are going to sell your car for 5k less than you should only to buy another car for 5k more than you should. That is a 10k buck loss in one transaction!

ARC

Established Member
I think you are crazy! Just put in 14 accord lx into autotrader and most of them are selling between 22 and 21. So you are going to sell your car for 5k less than you should only to buy another car for 5k more than you should. That is a 10k buck loss in one transaction!

Well.....no. Lol. I got it last September for $19,100. But damn you're right wtf? Car sales, man. Makes no damn sense to me. Also, Honda has some of the best resale value. I think you're right. I'm honestly pissed at them offering $16,000. My car is clean as hell, dude. I take good care of it. It's in fantastic cosmetic and mechanical shape.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It makes a lot of sense. Dealers buy low and sell high. That's how they stay in business. They have to pay for the land building lights water insurance employees their benefits. It all costs money. They will buy your car at 16 put on sale for 21 or 22 then hope to get someone to pay 19 or 20 for it. No way should anyone pay what the dealer asks for a used car.

ARC

Established Member
It makes a lot of sense. Dealers buy low and sell high. That's how they stay in business. They have to pay for the land building lights water insurance employees their benefits. It all costs money. They will buy your car at 16 put on sale for 21 or 22 then hope to get someone to pay 19 or 20 for it. No way should anyone pay what the dealer asks for a used car.

Damn that makes a lot of sense, hah. I guess I'd be better off trying to sell my car in a private sale? How would that work? Let's say I owe $21,500 on it and received $20,500. I'd have to pay the bank $1,000 to sell it, right? That way I'm out of my loan and could get a new car with no negative equity attached to it? Also, any recommendations for where to place an ad? I guess Craigslist would work, but I'd want more exposure if possible.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You said you paid 19.1. Why do you owe 21.5? Tax not part of the 19.1?
The bigger question is this...the dealer gives you 16 for yours and you still owe 5.5 more then you buy the mustang at 25 plus 2 tax.
5.5 + 25 + 2 = $32,500 loan for a car that's only worth 20k.

What the hell are you thinking? You can't afford this car or any car!

ARC

Established Member
You said you paid 19.1. Why do you owe 21.5? Tax not part of the 19.1?
The bigger question is this...the dealer gives you 16 for yours and you still owe 5.5 more then you buy the mustang at 25 plus 2 tax.
5.5 + 25 + 2 = $32,500 loan for a car that's only worth 20k.

What the hell are you thinking? You can't afford this car or any car!

I traded in a car and picked up negative equity on a new loan for the Honda. It's a vicious cycle. :(. Yeah, I need to try to sell my car or something and get way more than $16,000. That seems to be the logical way to get into a GT. I don't know..thanks for the reality check though :).

derricksmustang

Established Member
Dude I am seriously confused by this post. a '14 GT with a '15 short block in it? I'm only looking at dealerships. I don't have the cash for a private sale. Also, I guess you mean in an auto cross event an M6 will win. But I'm not interested in an auto cross. The automatic is better for drag racing. I'm glad to hear the automatics are built stronger though.
Late 14's come stock with 15 short block..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Never buy a car with more money than the asking price. Which is exactly what you did with your Honda. You paid approximately 22k for a 19k car. Now the reality has hit since you see the true value as it's worth 16 or 17.
It's not a viscous cycle as you can stop it anytime you want. But the truth is you can't afford your current car, you can't afford any decent 11-14 mustang gt.
don't buy anything unless your loan will be 90% or less of the selling price. 18k or less loan on a 20k purchase price for example.

ARC

Established Member
Late 14's come stock with 15 short block..

Hmm, didn't know that.

Never buy a car with more money than the asking price. Which is exactly what you did with your Honda. You paid approximately 22k for a 19k car. Now the reality has hit since you see the true value as it's worth 16 or 17.
It's not a viscous cycle as you can stop it anytime you want. But the truth is you can't afford your current car, you can't afford any decent 11-14 mustang gt.
don't buy anything unless your loan will be 90% or less of the selling price. 18k or less loan on a 20k purchase price for example.

It's embarrassing because the first car I bought I put $5,000 down on and it was like a $19,500 car. I was in an equity position from the beginning. I've just made incredibly foolish decisions. I should have kept the car because I would have paid it off by now....probably will just end up keeping my Honda, at least until it's paid off but we'll see. Thanks again for the help. I'm sometimes just going crazy for a car, but I obviously cannot afford the one I want. :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It's embarrassing because the first car I bought I put $5,000 down on and it was like a $19,500 car. I was in an equity position from the beginning. I've just made incredibly foolish decisions. I should have kept the car because I would have paid it off by now....probably will just end up keeping my Honda, at least until it's paid off but we'll see. Thanks again for the help. I'm sometimes just going crazy for a car, but I obviously cannot afford the one I want. :shrug:

That is exactly how it starts. I hope you understand how car sales work now. 99% of the cars you buy at asking price will cost more than the current value of the car. If you dont have additional cash to put down on a car you cant afford it. If you can not put cash down on a car you really cant afford your current car!

ARC

Established Member
That is exactly how it starts. I hope you understand how car sales work now. 99% of the cars you buy at asking price will cost more than the current value of the car. If you dont have additional cash to put down on a car you cant afford it. If you can not put cash down on a car you really cant afford your current car!

Damn, just hit the nail on the head. Guess I'll just have to learn from all this. Crazy to think how I'm ever going to afford a house, jeez.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Damn, just hit the nail on the head. Guess I'll just have to learn from all this. Crazy to think how I'm ever going to afford a house, jeez.

Make more money. Spend less money on depreciating objects. Read the millionaire next door. Read total money make over. You will get there!

ARC

Established Member
Make more money. Spend less money on depreciating objects. Read the millionaire next door. Read total money make over. You will get there!

Yeah, been struggling. Working as an accountant at my job just isn't paying off. I'll look into those books. thanks for the tips :)

derricksmustang

Established Member
Do what makes you happy that is the bottom line if we all made the right decisions we wouldn't be here modding are cars!! Or buy a mustang we would all be driving gas fuel economy cars and living right next door to are work for that matter why have a car just buy a house next to your work and walk..
Your going to read book how to become a millionaire?? Didnt you want to know about mustangs not a life plan?? Learn from your mistakes not others hope you find and get what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread