Need some advice for pricing an '11-14 GT

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
No issues with mine so far, ram powergrip HD clutch. Car makes 661rwhp and 500rwtq. E85 with wastegate coming in the next couple weeks. Hopefully added torque won't cause me any issues

ARC

Established Member
Well they also have a 2013 Ford Mustang GT with cloth Recaros and an A6 transmission with only 6,200 miles on it for only $1,000 more than the 2012 GT I was looking at. I think I can get them to lower the price. Seems kinda neat. I might head over there early tomorrow and test drive the 2013. See if I like it. Only 235 mm tires though on it...kinda lame lol

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I would get the 13, by the way that 12 looks like it has gt500 axlebacks on it. Definitely not stock tips

ARC

Established Member
I would get the 13, by the way that 12 looks like it has gt500 axlebacks on it. Definitely not stock tips

Thanks for the input. Any tips on what price I should try and get the '13 at? Also, I thought GT500 Axlebacks were quad tipped? According to the MSRP sticker, they are "stainless steel exhaust".

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input. Any tips on what price I should try and get the '13 at? Also, I thought GT500 Axlebacks were quad tipped? According to the MSRP sticker, they are "stainless steel exhaust".

11-12 gt500s were single tip. It's a nice set up. That 13 isn't a bad price at all considering it's an A6 with cloth recaros. Wheels are disgusting though lol

ARC

Established Member
11-12 gt500s were single tip. It's a nice set up. That 13 isn't a bad price at all considering it's an A6 with cloth recaros. Wheels are disgusting though lol

Ohh, thanks for that info on the 11-12 gt500's. I agree wholeheartedly on the wheels comment. Also, the tires are definitely tiny for a massive V8 lmao.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Well I honestly like rowing the gears. There are pros and cons, but why would I not want a manual?

I'm with you, I love rowing gears. Even when I'm casually moving with traffic. The only way I'd have an auto Mustang is if it was a purely strip car.

I'm looking at getting into a 5.0 car for a DD. An auto may be quicker, but isn't on my want list.

ARC

Established Member
buy the '13 California special! looks like a great deal, just needs some new wheels.

I don't think it's a California special. It has the ducktail spoiler, but isn't leather seats and the wheels and tires don't seem to match a California special. However, I'm still considering this car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What people think it's worth and what other people will pay are two different items. Find the car you want then tell them what you will pay. I personally like the 11/12 track pack cars 6sp man. I would not pay more than 21 or 22 for them. Yes I do believe the new mustang is worth 10k more today and when it comes to sell.
Someone just purchased a base 15 5.0 for just 28.5. To pay anywhere near that for a 11-14 is crazy in my eyes.

ARC

Established Member
What people think it's worth and what other people will pay are two different items. Find the car you want then tell them what you will pay. I personally like the 11/12 track pack cars 6sp man. I would not pay more than 21 or 22 for them. Yes I do believe the new mustang is worth 10k more today and when it comes to sell.
Someone just purchased a base 15 5.0 for just 28.5. To pay anywhere near that for a 11-14 is crazy in my eyes.

Wow, only 28.5? That is really low.

http://www.npcornerlot.com/vehicle-details/2013-ford-mustang-gt-san-antonio-tx-id-7581437

What would you think that's worth? I know they can go lower than $25,000. more like $24,000 but I haven't driven it yet. Just isn't a track package obviously :/

TrickLittlePony

Established Member
Unless your personal situation is forcing you to buy quickly, don't rush. As you spend more time looking, researching, and test driving you will get a better idea of what you want and what is a fair price. I personally paid on the higher side for my 2012 1.5 years ago, but it was specifically what I wanted: one owner/low miles/cherry/nice upgrades.

ARC

Established Member
Unless your personal situation is forcing you to buy quickly, don't rush. As you spend more time looking, researching, and test driving you will get a better idea of what you want and what is a fair price. I personally paid on the higher side for my 2012 1.5 years ago, but it was specifically what I wanted: one owner/low miles/cherry/nice upgrades.

You're right. I'm not going to rush into it. I don't need to and I want to get a good deal and make sure the car is exactly what I want. I think that's why I'm probably not going to pursue the '12 or '13 GT's that this dealership has. Both of the GT's they have are severely lacking in certain performance areas (i.e., wheels, tires, brakes). And to be honest I'd prefer a white GT over any other color at the moment.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow, only 28.5? That is really low.

http://www.npcornerlot.com/vehicle-details/2013-ford-mustang-gt-san-antonio-tx-id-7581437

What would you think that's worth? I know they can go lower than $25,000. more like $24,000 but I haven't driven it yet. Just isn't a track package obviously :/

To get a true value on price you need to look at the current auction prices. If you have any dealer friends or some dealers on here may help you. Generally dealers like to make 5-7k on a used car sale. If they start pricing at 25 they probably purchased for 18/19.

I dont like the one above personally. If you like it start at 20 then go forward. Using that zip I found these...
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=78216&engineCode=8CLDR&maxPrice=26000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[MUST%257CGT]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=66541&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2011&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=26&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=500&listingId=397888831&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78216&endYear=2016&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=66541&startYear=2013&makeCode1=FORD&engineCodes=8CLDR&engineCode=8CLDR&maxMileage=30000&searchRadius=500&maxPrice=26000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[MUST%257CGT]][]]&listingId=384186323&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=78216&engineCode=8CLDR&maxPrice=26000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[MUST%257CGT]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=66541&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2011&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=26&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=500&listingId=398248172&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=78216&engineCode=8CLDR&maxPrice=26000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[MUST%257CGT]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=66541&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2011&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=26&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=500&listingId=399813427&Log=0

Should work now.

Last edited:

ARC

Established Member
Wow I'd be surprised if they purchased it that low, but not that shocked I guess. By the way, the above links don't even work. I'd be down for a $28.5k 2015 base GT though, haha. I don't know if I could get away with that. I have purchased a Ford from a local dealership. Maybe they will give me a deal if I want a new one??

NADA Invoice for a 2015 GT (base) is $30,622. Way more than $28,500.

Last edited:

ARC

Established Member

I can pick this car up on Monday for the price listed on the site ($24,995). It has some damage on the wheels. The seats are not the cloth recaros. They are the original (albeit brand new that the dealership recently ordered due to the old seats not being compatible with an air bag) charcoal black leather suits with Miko-suede inserts. They are very nice seats. It's an A6 transmission with 245/45/19's on all four corners. The wheels, as stated earlier, are somewhat damaged though. They're Bremmer Kraft wheels. I'm not sure if they're good or not, but they are pretty ugly and a bit damaged. Everything needs to be detailed (especially the engine bay), but it has all the California Special stuff (e.g., ducktail spoiler, unique grill, lip, side scoop). Only 6,300 miles on it. Car has never been tuned and has no aftermarket modifications to it.

Anyone got any opinion on this? Looks like a pretty decent deal.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Compatible with airbag? Did the airbags go off, why would you change seats? Again I don't like the car. I have no doubt they picked it up for less than 20k.

My links work in post 35.

ARC

Established Member
Compatible with airbag? Did the airbags go off, why would you change seats? Again I don't like the car. I have no doubt they picked it up for less than 20k.

My links work in post 35.

I don't know. They told me that the owner put in the Recaros, there was an airbag thing on the dash showing up. They ordered new seats, original ones in a CS. How could they pick up this car for less than $20k??? That seems impossible unless there's something fishy with it.

I looked at your links. None of them have the track package that you said you'd pay no more than $22k for in an '11 or '12. I know the one I'm looking at doesn't have the track package either, but it does have low miles (much lower than the ones linked). I appreciate your help. Just trying to wrap my head around what I should do. :??:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't know. They told me that the owner put in the Recaros, there was an airbag thing on the dash showing up. They ordered new seats, original ones in a CS. How could they pick up this car for less than $20k??? That seems impossible unless there's something fishy with it.

I looked at your links. None of them have the track package that you said you'd pay no more than $22k for in an '11 or '12. I know the one I'm looking at doesn't have the track package either, but it does have low miles (much lower than the ones linked). I appreciate your help. Just trying to wrap my head around what I should do. :??:

Here is the issue with used cars at dealers. They get them one of two ways. One is by trade, you should know how dealers will low ball trade offers, and the other by the auctions. Incidentally auction prices drive trade in values. Why pay 20k for a used car when you can get the same car for 15k at the auction? Until you have auction prices you will not know what the value is.
I was a salesman for 2 days. In training they told us to sell used cars first as they are marked up 5-7k bucks and new cars will net 1k if one is lucky. Sell the used cars to make more money, car sales rule one!

Users who are viewing this thread