SVT Jim87

GOD DAMN I LOVE ME
Established Member
Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I love how some sellers/dealers take multiple pictures (even showing cruise control buttons!) but don't include any of the engine bay,wtf? Also do a autocheck or carfax.

SVT Jim87

GOD DAMN I LOVE ME
Established Member
Thanks man! I also noticed it wasnt redfire. Redfire that darker red color right? It almost looks maroon? I asked the dealer if they did a compression test already they said "no". But when I show up saturday theyll do one. Should i trust them and is there any way i could do a quick check myself?

Price is good, but it's not redfire :poke: make sure to do a compression test

SVT Jim87

GOD DAMN I LOVE ME
Established Member
I never understood that either. And you figure with cars like mustang,camaros and so on youd want to show they engine bay. But it also hides things that they might not people to see yet.

I love how some sellers/dealers take multiple pictures (even showing cruise control buttons!) but don't include any of the engine bay,wtf? Also do a autocheck or carfax.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man! I also noticed it wasnt redfire. Redfire that darker red color right? It almost looks maroon? I asked the dealer if they did a compression test already they said "no". But when I show up saturday theyll do one. Should i trust them and is there any way i could do a quick check myself?

You are correct, the link you posted that cobra is Torch Red. If you have a mechanic that can do a compression test, ask the dealer if you can test drive it and have your mechanic check it out. Or you can buy the correct tool and do it yourself if you can.

10sec89

Established Member
odd the center bezel around the radio is silver but around the shifter is factory charcoal

08mojo

Established Member
Hard to tell you anything about the car. it obviously has some aftermarket parts, but which ones? Price is okay, but what are you paying for: stock, kb, whipple, upper pulley car, etc...?

The Mongoose

Established Member
I inquired about that Cobra. Was going to see what they'd give me as trade in on my 02 WS6 with 45k on her, CCW wheels, other peformance mods, etc. Assholes said they'd give me $8,000 in trade on the Cobra. I told them to go **** themselves because KBB trade in value is over $12,000.

SVT Jim87

GOD DAMN I LOVE ME
Established Member
Did you happen to ask what all mods were done? When I called I was in a rush n had to get back to work.

I inquired about that Cobra. Was going to see what they'd give me as trade in on my 02 WS6 with 45k on her, CCW wheels, other peformance mods, etc. Assholes said they'd give me $8,000 in trade on the Cobra. I told them to go **** themselves because KBB trade in value is over $12,000.

The Mongoose

Established Member
No, I was just trying to see if they were in the same ballpark as I was regarding trade in value on my WS6. They weren't even in the same city. I looked today to see if it was still for sale and it's still on AutoTrader. It has a solid rear axle, ported blower, KB boost-a-pump and a few other mods. If my car would hurry up and sell, I'd be on my way to purchase it. For the number of miles and mods, it's priced great.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
If it was done correctly it will be fine. If you care about drag racing it and weight reduction it is a plus. I would never swap back to an IRS.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I live about 20 minutes from that dealer lol. Best of luck, hope its nice. The only thing ill say is I don't like buying anything from dealers other then new.

Modenausa

Established Member
I live about 20 minutes from that dealer lol. Best of luck, hope its nice. The only thing ill say is I don't like buying anything from dealers other then new.

Depends on if he's trying to finance..or trade etc..

The price seems fair.. Hard to tell as everyone said from the photos but in the front facing pic the spacing on the hood seems off on the drivers side compared to the pax side.. So possible front driver side impact ..And someone put screws in the driver side door bezel.. Also signs it was off before and someone broke the clips..carfax doesn't show everything. Take a good look at the bolts holding the fenders on for paint removal from sockets.. Just look it over well..gl

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Depends who you ask.

A properly built IRS will be better than SRA unless you just drag race all the time then keep the SRA.

You eliminate the flex in the IRS bushings and it will be better than SRA.

Why is that? Do you think it wasn't done right? I thought the SRA was good for a Cobra making good power (stronger than the IRS).

Users who are viewing this thread