Need info on 2004 Roush Cobra

masterman

Established Member
So my dad is Very Very! Very!! interested in this 2004 Roush Cobra. I have seen Roush Cobra owners post here, so I thought who better to ask.
My question is, does anyone have any information on this specific car? Anyone know anything about this one? Is this really the only black one?
Also, on the carfax it states that it was in the area of flooding but the under carriage, body, and interior look like they has no rust or damage.
In the picture of the dyno sheet, it seems as if the car had been repaired or had body work, so that seems a bit strange especially since it had been in the floor area.
Again, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Gang!

Ford Mustang Cobra SVT | eBay

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Well my word that car is sexy. I didn't even know a Roush cobra existed! With that low of miles it is more than strange to require body work unless something happened.

I would find a really good mechanic and maybe someone local that knows cobras to take a good look at it.

testorossa1989

Established Member
The administrator of (SVT Aholics) a facebook based group owns one. Maybe she can shed some light since i know she knows a lot about them.

Pantera1

Established Member
The dyno picture your referring to, I believe this is just the factory plastic that is put on every car before delivery

IA Shelby

Established Member
isn't this the one that was for sale for months in the market section? Guy started off asking 40+?

masterman

Established Member
isn't this the one that was for sale for months in the market section? Guy started off asking 40+?

I think it is since he's asking 35K for it still, but has the whole OBO on there my dad got a little star struck and made an offer as is.

I was asking on here since I've seen a few others post on here about Roush Cobras. My biggest reason for concern of the wrap was that it wasn't even in the picture since the passenger door had nothing on it, but that would make sense. The dyno sheet question is that it states either 450 or 460... seems kind of high for the cobra engine especially since Roush's highest horsepower engine at the time was 390, but that would be a well welcomed surprise.

Anyways, thanks for the reply's and info on the facebook page testorossa1989.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Too bad you can't mod it or even put miles on it :cuss: Even the blower belt cover stays! :nonono:

What's with the 01 rear bumper cover?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Holy smokes that thing is clean!

I might get flamed for this but this caliper car with 6xxx miles doesn't look that clean to me. Underneath it's dirty too me has rust on k member, mid pipe has hunk of rust in it. Suspension and wheels look like they have been in salt too. So therefore my opinion on it isn't anywhere near clean. My 50k mile 2v was that clean underneath and my 10k mile mach is cleaner then this thing no trying to brag just being honest. I wouldn't want a car this rare without everything on car top to bottom, front to back being mint especially with miles

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw it this morning as well. Not saying its not close to Stock....but...since its an 04 I would think it should have had black seat inserts....fuel rails not stock and SS fuel line not stock.

For the money Id put it into Shelby, ONLY, because this Roush - Cobra is soemthing best kept alone and not cut up or modified

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
wonder why the fuel system mods for a stock blower. wonder if it used to have a twin screw???

saleensc281

Established Member
I tried to buy it a few months ago when it was listed for 38. The car is for sale under consignement and the dealer was really hard to negotiate with. I tried going straight through the owner, since the dealer said he could not go lower based on the owners guidance. So I went straight to the owner, which pissed the dealer off and said I couldnt do that due to the contract they agreed on. I see they drop the price by a couple grand. The bank did not recognize it as a Roush Cobra, but only as a Cobra....so of course they could not finance it...even with me putting down a substantial downpayment. The dealer said he could get me a loan, but it would be a high interest rate. I told him to go kick rocks....I see they are having an issue selling it still. Car is worth maybe 28 to 30gs...if that. So who ever buys it is going to really have to want it. I passed and found something better.

I did ask the orginal owner when the consignment deal was up, to which he replied early December. He seemed really willing to negotiate with me, but his hands where tied at that point. Looks to me he extended the contract.

dom418

Established Member
I think those cars, and 99% of the Roush cars on this planet are hideous looking.

Thank you!

Op tell your dad that he can find a Terminator with almost no miles for the price he is looking to pay for that Roush. I can bet that will be more of a collector car than the one on eBay down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread