Need help with build...

lilmiller74

Established Member
Get ahold of rpm transmissions and see what they can do about a tranny for your car, Or talk to brian and see if he has any recommendations for a tranny.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I run a Promotion T56 in my Mach, had small issues with it nothing major, it took 3 seasons at 700rwhp without a glitch. Looking into upgrading to a g spec, i believe its about $2500-3000 if you already have the t56, it will take 1000rwhp+ no problem though. Cant sway myself to go auto, just takes all the fun out of it.

My reply said their T-45's have had issues, notchy shifting, hard to get in gear etc..

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
I've had 2 cara with promotion 3650s. Neither had a single issue. One was a daily/weekend warrior in 4-700 HP trim. The other was a sick street car that was used and abused street and strip, making 750ish for 3 years. Went thru 3 very good clutches and a couple tobs. Trans loved it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I'd talk to Zak at the t45source I haven't heard a single bad thing about the trams he builds. That's who I will prob use of I ever get that far on my car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol I'm assuming it's a procharger 3 core? Is it the older style or the Sheet metal style?

itSSlow98

Established Member
Belt issues are the main reason I dislike the procharger kits. Buyign a kit and then havign to buy other brakctes/pullies etc just to make it work the way it should is ridiculous. I would go turbo personally. The money youll have wrapped up in a D1 and the brackets to make it work will buy a turbo kit.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Belt issues are the main reason I dislike the procharger kits. Buyign a kit and then havign to buy other brakctes/pullies etc just to make it work the way it should is ridiculous. I would go turbo personally. The money youll have wrapped up in a D1 and the brackets to make it work will buy a turbo kit.

kinda like how you have to buy a front end suspension and tons of piping to make a turbo work? lol

corysmach1

Established Member

The only one that is affordable is the on3 kit....and people say they have major fitment issues?

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Belt slip

You know the trouble i went through , and its funny because some people with the same setup had no issues , it seems you either do or you dont because i spent over $1000 on pulleys, belts ,and tesioners. So you have to ask yourself .....do you feel lucky :) , because it is beyond frustrating when belts shred and fly off and slip , how many times did you see me shred belts ???? Its scary even thinking about it

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your logic is amazing! How did you get so intelligent?

Cause you dont need piping for a procharger huh? :rollseyes

Yes, you need piping for a Procharger, but not nearly as much as a turbo kit. Especially if you get a rear facing kit. And with a Procharger a tubular K member isn't a requirement. So yeah, I think he's fairly intelligent.

corysmach1

Established Member
You know the trouble i went through , and its funny because some people with the same setup had no issues , it seems you either do or you dont because i spent over $1000 on pulleys, belts ,and tesioners. So you have to ask yourself .....do you feel lucky :) , because it is beyond frustrating when belts shred and fly off and slip , how many times did you see me shred belts ???? Its scary even thinking about it

Your exzactly right Tim...i dont even want to think about having the belt slip or shredding issues you had? Should i go turbo guys? I mean i think a 10:5:1 motor with a ball bearing t76 should run good at 14 psi on e85? Any clue what that setup would make power wise?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had a couple of easy to fix belt issues. Once they were fixed my belts lasted a long time. All it took was using a new stock tensioner and making sure all the pullies were aligned. Granted I was only making 14psi and still on the 6 rib set up. If you're going to go turbo you need to look into a custom set up. All kits end up needing mods at some point. Might as well get everything done in the beginning.

corysmach1

Established Member
I had a couple of easy to fix belt issues. Once they were fixed my belts lasted a long time. All it took was using a new stock tensioner and making sure all the pullies were aligned. Granted I was only making 14psi and still on the 6 rib set up. If you're going to go turbo you need to look into a custom set up. All kits end up needing mods at some point. Might as well get everything done in the beginning.

Yes...i seriously think i am going to do the on3 kit i am local so if i have any issues chad should help me. I can get a crazy deal on the new forward facing kit with the ball bearing t76. Also the guy who is doing my car is a great welder (thats his profession) so if we have any issues im sure he will fab something up.....i just hope the car makes great power and is reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread