Need help with build...

corysmach1

Established Member
If you go to The Houst of Boost and type in 4v Dedicated/Renegade Bracket System you will find everything on it. Its about $1000-1400 depending on what you want, ac, polished etc. It seperates your serpentine and blower belt, eliminating any issues with slipping or shredding. You can run 8 rib- 12 rib rib or cog, whatever you prefer. Only downside for a lot of us was finding the 96-98 Cobra timing cover required to use it, they fabricated it with this cover, any other one wont work, looks like you lucked out in that department though haha

That is expensive and yes i wanna keep my ac and no i dont want polsihed.....but if it solves all belt shredding issues than i will have to get it.....geez this build is gonna be expensive. :rockon:

Saleen cobra- if i get all the parts yes it will be that light....if not it will be 3450 as it is now.

ShadowGT

Established Member
That is expensive and yes i wanna keep my ac and no i dont want polsihed.....but if it solves all belt shredding issues than i will have to get it.....geez this build is gonna be expensive. :rockon:

Saleen cobra- if i get all the parts yes it will be that light....if not it will be 3450 as it is now.

Saleen is right it is a bitch getting it installed however, if your doing the motor and everything else now would be the best time. A wise older man at a mustang show once told me take your budget and add 50-60% to the total, 2 builds later he was right.

corysmach1

Established Member
Saleen is right it is a bitch getting it installed however, if your doing the motor and everything else now would be the best time. A wise older man at a mustang show once told me take your budget and add 50-60% to the total, 2 builds later he was right.

Yes nothing ever goes smoothly...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea these motors aren't cheap and when typically when you surpass the 500rwhp mark on a 96-98 it gets more expensive.. Motor build, rear end, transmission, fuel, figuring out belts and pulleys, etc..

corysmach1

Established Member
Yea these motors aren't cheap and when typically when you surpass the 500rwhp mark on a 96-98 it gets more expensive.. Motor build, rear end, transmission, fuel, figuring out belts and pulleys, etc..

Yeah i know ive always wanted a black 96-98 cobra though so im going to try and do it righ the first time....now my next step will be what tranny should i go with? I kinda wanna stick with a 5 spd as i am trying to keep the car as light as possible. Tko500-600 tremec 3550 or promotion t45?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just so you know for lightness my Magnum transmission is only 10lbs heavier than my T45 was lol.. It depends on the budget that you have.. I would say T-56 magnum to anyone looking for a new transmission.. If not I hear amazing things about theT45source or something like that..

JP_Stang

Established Member
After having the T-56, I don't think I could go back to a 5 speed! LOL. The 6 speed with 4.10's is just perfect!

I would love to have one of those brackets, but that isn't anywhere in my budget anytime soon.

OP, it sounds like you will have a good combination! I too would stay at or under the 10.5:1 compression though. That 10.5 will keep you at a much safer compression and will still be plenty high enough for the low end and overall power dept.

corysmach1

Established Member
Just so you know for lightness my Magnum transmission is only 10lbs heavier than my T45 was lol.. It depends on the budget that you have.. I would say T-56 magnum to anyone looking for a new transmission.. If not I hear amazing things about theT45source or something like that..

How much was the t56 magnum?

Jp- with the power this combo should make i will drop down to 373s

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think in the 3600 all to gether. I bougth the entire kit from D&D performance.. They hooked me up with a military discount too.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I wouldnt' recommend it.. My T45 was literally destroyed.. When I pulled it it sounded like a piggy bank.. Also when I do stuff to my car I typically want the best or nothing at all.. T56 Mag, imo is the best transmission out there right now for our cars.. So naturally I had to have it lol. I think the built T45 will do well for you for sure :beer: I'm excited, now start ordering parts I want to see this combo already!

corysmach1

Established Member
Yea I wouldnt' recommend it.. My T45 was literally destroyed.. When I pulled it it sounded like a piggy bank.. Also when I do stuff to my car I typically want the best or nothing at all.. T56 Mag, imo is the best transmission out there right now for our cars.. So naturally I had to have it lol. I think the built T45 will do well for you for sure :beer: I'm excited, now start ordering parts I want to see this combo already!

I hope the combo works....and ill probably start on it in a couple mths and im sure as you know it will take a few months to complete.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol yea it'll take a while to complete. But it'll be sick man!! the throttle response will be stupid lol!

ShadowGT

Established Member
Look into Hanlon for a built T-45, lots of guys have had issues with Pro-Motions!

I run a Promotion T56 in my Mach, had small issues with it nothing major, it took 3 seasons at 700rwhp without a glitch. Looking into upgrading to a g spec, i believe its about $2500-3000 if you already have the t56, it will take 1000rwhp+ no problem though. Cant sway myself to go auto, just takes all the fun out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread