Need help with build...

corysmach1

Established Member
Ok guys as of now i have a procharged 96 cobra (P1) it has full exhaust and 410s and makes 436-412...it runs great for the mods but has 155k miles on it. If all goes well i should be able to start building the car in a few months. I just wanted to make this thread and get some ideas and clear my mind of what exzact route i want to go. Before i get started i have 2 very good friends and my brother that all do great work that will help me through this. Also i will be using my teskid block.....ok on to my build ideas.

11:1 compression with big blower cams and sri intake on E85 with 12 psi.

10:1 compression with on3 turbo kit big blower cams and sri intake on E85...also this would be with the t76.....

I feel like the procharger build would be easier just because i already have it....asi would have to sell the procharger to get the turbo....

Let me know what you guys think.

lilmiller74

Established Member
Also on three is located locally to us so getting the kit would be simple. His biggest turn off to going turbo is the exhaust tone:bash:...Persuade him the turbo route!!

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
Also on three is located locally to us so getting the kit would be simple. His biggest turn off to going turbo is the exhaust tone:bash:...Persuade him the turbo route!!

Yes your right i know turbos make more power....and yes thats my main reason. I know the turbo itself sounds amazing and so does the bov. But the exhaust note of a turbo mustang sounds terrible. But this is why i made this thread to get thought, opinions and advice.

Ironhand

Banned
Option A Modified:

11:1-11.5:1 On E-85 with cams, intake, switch gears to 3.27,3.31, or 3.55, and a F1A on 18psi. Use main studs and head studs with the right piston rings, rod bolts, and wrist pins.

corysmach1

Established Member
Option A Modified:

11:1-11.5:1 On E-85 with cams, intake, switch gears to 3.27,3.31, or 3.55, and a F1A on 18psi. Use main studs and head studs with the right piston rings, rod bolts, and wrist pins.

That would be a nasty setup for sure but upgrading to an F1 is a little pricey....i would like to upgrade to a D1 if i go procharged route which i do not know how much that would be? Im not really looking to make 1000rwhp. Just a very health street car.

lilmiller74

Established Member
Also keep in mind the issues you have with the piping and how your gonna keep them from blowing off with more boost.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have any power goals in mind? Or speed goals? Do you have the budget to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain for high power?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I personally wouldn't run 11.1 compression even with E85.. But that's just me.. If you get caught somewhere without E85 you'll be on the boarder on pump gas N/A let alone boosted. Depending on the kind of cash you have laying around turbo would always be best, but the On3 kit from what I hear don't fit correctly.. Here is what I would do..

10.5 compression, D1 at 12-15psi, and E85 and everything else you mentioned. That setup will be cheaper than a turbo setup and be just stupid nasty on the street. That'll be an easy easy 650-700rwhp car with cams and everything else.. Don't forget the huge fuel system you're going to need either lol. ARP studs everywhere and good gaskets and you'll be good to go.. I would also ditch the 4.10's at that time and get some 3.73's.. Oh and save for a built transmission too. :D

corysmach1

Established Member
I personally wouldn't run 11.1 compression even with E85.. But that's just me.. If you get caught somewhere without E85 you'll be on the boarder on pump gas N/A let alone boosted. Depending on the kind of cash you have laying around turbo would always be best, but the On3 kit from what I hear don't fit correctly.. Here is what I would do..

10.5 compression, D1 at 12-15psi, and E85 and everything else you mentioned. That setup will be cheaper than a turbo setup and be just stupid nasty on the street. That'll be an easy easy 650-700rwhp car with cams and everything else.. Don't forget the huge fuel system you're going to need either lol. ARP studs everywhere and good gaskets and you'll be good to go.. I would also ditch the 4.10's at that time and get some 3.73's.. Oh and save for a built transmission too. :D

That definately sounds like a strong setup...how much ia just the D1 headunit and or can i upgrade my P1 to a D1?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm almost 100% sure you can upgrade your P1 to a D1. As for cost I'm not 100% sure but I'm almost positive that you can.. If not you can pick up the headunit pretty cheap on the forums.

Just make sure you upgrade your transmission as the least.. Since you usually roll race the rear end shoud last for a bit, but my stock T-45 didn't last more than 3 months at 550rwhp and a few pulls.. My tranny only had like 15-20k miles at the time. Also since you won't be trying to make huge boost, it'll save on wear and tear on the blower, and you probably can get away with the 6 rib kit too.

corysmach1

Established Member
I'm almost 100% sure you can upgrade your P1 to a D1. As for cost I'm not 100% sure but I'm almost positive that you can.. If not you can pick up the headunit pretty cheap on the forums.

Just make sure you upgrade your transmission as the least.. Since you usually roll race the rear end shoud last for a bit, but my stock T-45 didn't last more than 3 months at 550rwhp and a few pulls.. My tranny only had like 15-20k miles at the time. Also since you won't be trying to make huge boost, it'll save on wear and tear on the blower, and you probably can get away with the 6 rib kit too.

I will probably try and upgrade to the D1 then....also isnt the 8 rib setup only $300 bucks? And yes by the time the car is built and tuned i should have enough for a good tranny.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The D1 upgrade is about $1100 last time I checked. You might be able to get an upgraded impeller from some place like 928 Motorsports or superchargerrebuilds.com and swap it out yourself. My research has shown the P1 and D1 use the same bearings. I don't know if there's a difference between the P1 stage 1 and stage 2 though.

The main cost of the 8 rib is the balancer. Which I would go with an overdrive. The rest of the pullies you can source yourself fairly cheap. They're just the pullies from the trucks.

I can understand the sound thing. One of the reasons I'm going to put my Procharger back on is because I like the sound.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
The D1 upgrade is about $1100 last time I checked. You might be able to get an upgraded impeller from some place like 928 Motorsports or superchargerrebuilds.com and swap it out yourself. My research has shown the P1 and D1 use the same bearings. I don't know if there's a difference between the P1 stage 1 and stage 2 though.

The main cost of the 8 rib is the balancer. Which I would go with an overdrive. The rest of the pullies you can source yourself fairly cheap. They're just the pullies from the trucks.

I can understand the sound thing. One of the reasons I'm going to put my Procharger back on is because I like the sound.

Ok i will definately look into the D1 upgrade....and yes the sound is huge for me as mustangs are always known for the way they sound. And of course the whistle of the procharger sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread