Need help deciding on a blower

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You got it....all resources are being put towards the next GT500. Nothing expected this fall/winter for our cars.
Great news if true. Can't imagine a GT350 based 5.2 with TVS 2650 and the new 10A!
-J

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Car is my DD and will most likely never see the track, which is why I'm looking for safe, efficient and reliable power. Overall just looking for a fun to drive street car, I plan on keeping the car so I'm sure I'll continue to build as funds allow.
Well just keep the stock blower then. If you want big power later on get the 2.9/3.4/3.6+ options. Stock blower can push the stock rods to their limit. No reason to wait for the 2.65 when the 2.9 can be had now.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I'm looking to upgrade the blower on my 14. Current mods are FRPP Mono, JLT 127, ARH 1 7/8 Lts and Hi flow catted H, FRPP 3.73'S and a Lund tune. I'm looking @ upgrading to one of the following
1) Ported Trinity
2) VMP Gen 2
3) VMP GEN R
4) 2.9 Whipple
5) 2.8 Kenne Bell

In for anyone who has done Option #1? I'm going to be installing the Upper 2.4 Pulley towards end of the Summer. Was thinking of just sending the Blower,Elbow, Throttle Body to Steigmeir for Porting. The porting work looks really good but wanting to know if anyone on here did this option?

I'm not wanting to race and keep the car on 93 Octane. It just seems the porting work would make the entire combination flow more efficient?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Most of us have used BPS and 1320Junkie for porting stock blowers. I kept the stock upper and did a 15% lower, I like the SFI lower and better belt wrap vs upper only. Either way upgrade the belt and use a BPS aux idler for belt wrap.
My ported TVS made 755rwhp easy.
-J

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Sounds like your like me in a way, I do not race but do not dd my car either..But going to car shows like I do was the deciding factor on my s/c upgrade..A select few on this forum dislike the KB 2.8 which I just had, and honestly it was a good blower for what I used it for, and looooked great under the hood that is what helped sell it! The 2.3 tvs is also a good blower and some push this sucker to it's limits for racing purposes..To fit the bigger blowers under stock hood can happen, and I will be next to attempt this in the next week or so..If you have the $$$ do it once and go with a KB 3.6. If you want perfect fitment under stock hood the 3.2LC is my 2nd choice.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
To fit the bigger blowers under stock hood can happen, and I will be next to attempt this in the next week or so..If you have the $$$ do it once and go with a KB 3.6. If you want perfect fitment under stock hood the 3.2LC is my 2nd choice.
I did have to modify the hood blanket, even with a lowering kit, but the 3.4 does fit under a stock hood..

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
If the OP is going to run pump gas, as he stated, than a VMP Gen2 would be just as good as a GEN2R and not cost as much. IMO.

Your only going to see a BIG difference between the Gen2 and Gen2R if you are running E85 and higher boost levels.

At 17-18#....Gen2 save the money

Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
If the OP is going to run pump gas, as he stated, than a VMP Gen2 would be just as good as a GEN2R and not cost as much. IMO.

Your only going to see a BIG difference between the Gen2 and Gen2R if you are running E85 and higher boost levels.

At 17-18#....Gen2 save the money

I'm leaning towards a Gen 2 or Whipple, I've been seeing some decent deals on both in the classifieds recently.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The GEN 3 will not be "next year". I heard that from a reliable source.

bj

How are you going to come in here, drop this little bomb, then run away BJ??

Are you giving us hope for THIS year with this comment or are you smashing dreams and making us wait until 2019?

03kbredfire

Established Member
I am sure BJ was being intentionally cryptic. No doubt he was inferring for this year. What big auto trade show is coming up? That is when you will see or hear more on this. VMP keep working smartly on this product.

Users who are viewing this thread