Need help buying an 03 cobra please!

holeshotltr450

Established Member
Ok, I live in Florida and i want to buy an 03-04 cobra. Its slim pickins out there and I would like to hear some opinions on what you think about this car (posting link soon) I owned an 01 cobra but had to sell because I needed a truck to tow my boat but now i'm looking to get a Terminator! all opinions welcome and thanks for the help!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ra&searchRadius=300&listingId=318433918&Log=0

Last edited:

x275_eric

Established Member
id wait a little longer. take your time. its nice but ive seen the same car with less miles go for that price. its a hard choice and u would be taken a chance if u got this one. that much power with that much miles. i dont care wat ppl say about how much the motors can hold. u would still be taken a chance cause theres no tellin how ragged out this car could be. all those miles could be hard miles. its up to u man if u wanna take a chance but IMO id wait and keep looking.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Here is alink to the Jaxxed search for 03/04 Cobras, for reference.
ford mustang car and truck site mash : combined site search

As for the Redfire 03 you are looking at, it looks pretty clean. Nothing grossly abnormal jumps out.

Price seems to be pretty much in line with what others are asking around the country.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you want to buy a modded car or a stock-ish one. And if you are going modded, then do the mods match up with what you would want done to the car.

You might try contacting the people who did the mods, listed in his ad. You could talk to them and find out if they know any "dirt" about the car. Never hurts to be informed.

Hope that helps,

holeshotltr450

Established Member
Thanks for the responses and the link, I found another one with 75,000 miles but modded. High mile supercharged motors freak me out. Another question, how much would it cost to rebuild a supercharger and or motor by a good mechanic?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
That's an open ended question. How much power do you want it to handle after the rebuild? Nobody I've ever seen rebuild did it just on the same level as before.

Wobbz

Terminated SVT Poster
Established Member
id wait a little longer. take your time. its nice but ive seen the same car with less miles go for that price. its a hard choice and u would be taken a chance if u got this one. that much power with that much miles. i dont care wat ppl say about how much the motors can hold. u would still be taken a chance cause theres no tellin how ragged out this car could be. all those miles could be hard miles. its up to u man if u wanna take a chance but IMO id wait and keep looking.

I agree with Eric... I would keep saving your money, way to much Hp/miles in that car....

The only thing concerning me about that Cobra is it has a rebuilt tranny. And that's more than likely due to beating the car real hard. I wonder how many track passes on that one? I believe you can do better.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
OP I think thats a good deal. Don't let the miles scare you away. When purchasing a used car, it all depends on how well the car was maintained as well as how it was driven. I'll take a car with 80k of soft freeway cruising miles as opposed to a car with 50k hard abused driven miles. People get so scared of miles, but in reality it just depends on how well the car was taken care of/driven.

Also the guy mentions it has 550HP. I'm inclined to think it's not RWHP and he's using that as a selling point. If it is 550 CRANK HP then its probably just your typical bolt on pulley car.

Although their are better deals out there to be had if your patient enough, I dont think this is that bad of a deal assuming the car is in great shape. If your interested, check it out, test drive it, get it inspected, ask owners if he has receipts for all the worked performed as well as oil change etc. You can kind of tell if the car was taken care of the right way and if it was 83k isn't as bad as it sounds.

JDUB348

Established Member
My only advice is hold out for the EXACT color you want. I originally wanted a white terminator, and still do kind of, but i do love my black. I just wish i would have held out a while longer to have found a white one. Atleast mine is 100% paid off now though.. thats a good feeling :)

I may consider having mine painted white in the future.. :uh oh:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you haven't already done so, take a look at Hi-End Auto's inventory. Hi-End Auto - Hi-End Auto

Best thing is the determine what your wants and needs are. Price. Mileage. Condition. Mods/no mods. Color. Year. And then start your search ensuring you remain patient until you find what you consider to be the best balance of the above.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Also check carmax. Thats where I got mine. Also I agree with CobraBob. Sick comp orange cobra there.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
My only advice is hold out for the EXACT color you want. I originally wanted a white terminator, and still do kind of, but i do love my black. I just wish i would have held out a while longer to have found a white one. Atleast mine is 100% paid off now though.. thats a good feeling :)

I may consider having mine painted white in the future.. :uh oh:

Painting your black car white was a joke right? Black is a sinister color and fits with the get the F out my way attitude of the car!!!

Users who are viewing this thread