Need advise, paint work flaws on my 11.

kleistang

Established Member
What do you mean? They have to buy it back?

i've worked on dealers. and have seen this happened before. if the car is deffective they would have to take it back, you really dont want your new car to be sprayed again.

i even remember once we had a gt500 on the showroom that had 2 finger prints on the hood. ford sent ppl to look at it a couple of times, i dont know what they did to the car but they took it from the dealer.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
i've worked on dealers. and have seen this happened before. if the car is deffective they would have to take it back, you really dont want your new car to be sprayed again.

i even remember once we had a gt500 on the showroom that had 2 finger prints on the hood. ford sent ppl to look at it a couple of times, i dont know what they did to the car but they took it from the dealer.

I don't think Ford is under any obligation to do this. However it may simply be easier.

It's clearly a warranty item and so they are obligated to resolve the issue. If the tri-coat stage of paint used on this car is so exacting that there's little chance a body shop could accurately match the color, you might run in to a situation where the lemon law applies. Ford knows this and they may be banking on it being less costly to simply do a buy back.

Cars like this probably end up as engineering mules etc.

But if they feel it would be easier and less costly to have a respray of the roof done, they have the right to do this as well. Their obligation is to satisfy the warranty claim. Howe they do that is ultimately up to them.

SicShelby09

Banned
I don't think Ford is under any obligation to do this. However it may simply be easier.

It's clearly a warranty item and so they are obligated to resolve the issue. If the tri-coat stage of paint used on this car is so exacting that there's little chance a body shop could accurately match the color, you might run in to a situation where the lemon law applies. Ford knows this and they may be banking on it being less costly to simply do a buy back.

But if they feel it would be easier and less costly to have a respray of the roof done, they have the right to do this as well. Their obligation is to satisfy the warranty claim. Howe they do that is ultimately up to them.

Well I am obviously leaning towards the new car. I had a locate ran, and there is only 1 other car in a 300 mile radius to me that has the brembos and the 3.73s. But the downer is its black. I hate black. I am a clean car freak and that would be impossible to care for the way I like my cars to be. I would also have the option to just factory order a '12, but I loose some special financing and theres a 6 week wait. And like I said, I would order it different. The yellow blaze was different and is cool, but it was not my first choice color. Mine would be grabber followed by silver and kona. Also I would consider ordering the premium GT with the nicer dash, leather and sirius. Thats all I would want. That would take my $33k msrp car to $35kish. I can live with that. We will see.

kleistang

Established Member

probably not under the obligation but the car has a deffects on it and its not like he bought the car under like a scratch and dent sale or something like that. to paint it they would have to get to an agreement with the buyer. no body wants a new car that has been reported as repainted. this affects the value of the car.

back on 06 some cars had something on the paint i forgot what it was, but it was fixable and it didnt take long you would take the car to the dealer and they would take care of it. i'd be ok with that.

SicShelby09

Banned
probably not under the obligation but the car has a deffects on it and its not like he bought the car under like a scratch and dent sale or something like that. to paint it they would have to get to an agreement with the buyer. no body wants a new car that has been reported as repainted. this affects the value of the car.

back on 06 some cars had something on the paint i forgot what it was, but it was fixable and it didnt take long you would take the car to the dealer and they would take care of it. i'd be ok with that.

Oh and the dealer said themselves that this would be warranty and it would go on the vehicle oasis report. So basicly if I tried to trade it in to any ford dealer, it would show up on in their service history tied to the vin. Stike 2 and 3.

Ronn

My car had 2 white spots on it. One on the roof, and one on the hood. I think its a spot where at the factory they buffed it with a small buffer to fix something. I waxed and buffed it myself. For the most part it came out.

SicShelby09

Banned
unless you plan to keep the car forever., let them re-paint it.

Actually the director of service at my dealer took a look at it today. He called several body shops and they all agree that they do not want to paint it. The color will never look the same. Yesterday I opened a case with ford customer service, and he also added his findings to it. The dealer is pushing ford to buy it back. If not they already said they would take it back on trade, and preserve my equity so I can buy another one. The only one available in a 300 mile radius is the same car but black. And man I dont want black. I may have to order a '12. We will see what ford says.

SicShelby09

Banned
So Im still working with Ford on this. They are considering several options. What is everyones opinions??

1. Painted on stripes. Still they would need to pull all the glass and the mouldings from the car, defeating the purpose of what I DIDN'T want done.

2. Vinyl stripes. A quick fix, and may completely cover the blemish on the roof, but will literally be a bandaid. They are also considering some sort of monetary settlement or some big gifts from FRPP because its not really a fix. Nice idea, and I think gloss black stripes would look good.

3. Actually painting it to the stock color. This would be ok too, but they only want to pay about $400 under warranty to the body shop that does this, and guess what....NO local shop wants to even attempt it for less than $2k due to the rare tricoat color. I dont blame them. Plus I dont want a ton of paint work on my brandnew car.

4. Buy the car back all together. Best case senario normally, accept there are no more base '11s out there with manual, brembos and 3.73s. The last one sold a few days ago, and I missed it because Ford is dragging their feet. So now I would be looking at ordering a '12, and guess what......the lead time for delivery is almost 6 months. There are pages and pages out online of guys waiting that time to get '12s now. That would put the delivery into winter. And the other catch is that I would have to give the '11 back NOW. So no car at all until then. That is totally NOT an option. They would not give me a loaner or pay for a rental.

5. Tell me to live with it because no body shops will touch it for their money, and then I sue them for a lot more coin than its worth to them. Luckily for me, I have a family member that is an attorney and SPECIALIZES in these type of cases. This is a last straw thing, and Im normally not this type of person.

So what are the opinions on this?

ViciousJay

Established Member
no i would wait the 6 months or Glass roof it and ask for 1000 dollar gift card to any Ford product

ViciousJay

Established Member
How the hell is that possible?

you told them they ****ed up and if they want to go about this without legal issues your best offer is to provide a glass roof, and give a 1000 giftcard to FORD RACING or 500 to compinsate your time and money.

Last edited:

FWP!

Established Member
Just let them fix it. It happens. I have a blob of crap on the front underside lip of my hood that I'm thinking about getting fixed by them.

SicShelby09

Banned
So here is what Ford came up with. They found a local vinyl wrap guy that claims he can make custom stripes for my car that will start at the hood and go over the roof covering the blemish, and down the deck lid like the camaros have. They also have added that they will pay for this guy to put on a clear bra to cover the other blemishes on the front bumper and also preventing me from needing to have the bumper painted from rock chips. Also, they were nice enough to offer to pay my first car payment. All this should run ford about $1500 total compared to the $400 they wanted to pay any body shop to fix the problem under warranty. I think this is a pretty fair deal. I love the clear bras, and I was also wanting stripes!

Not to mention, my dealer is still with me on this and is willing to take my car back in on trade at a cost of $500 off what I paid for it, and will sell me a brandnew '12 of my choice. This is also an option because I have been really missing the leather, shaker and my color dash plus I would really like a different color GT. So Im torn.

Keep my '11 mechanically sound GT with added clear bra ( venture shields) and stripes, or get new premium GT with the options I could live without but would like to get this time around and possibly get a lemon car with engine knocks/ticks and the horrible trans issues.

What to do????

Users who are viewing this thread