Need advise, paint work flaws on my 11.

SicShelby09

Banned
I'm going to seriously doubt your intelligence level when it comes to business matters if you let them put some cheap vinyl over the paint screw up and you let them off.

Please man, you are going out of line here. I already told you that I was planning on adding stripes anyway. So why would I let them tear half the car apart, and also botch the other 99.99% of the roof paint when it would get covered anyway? I made my decision, and I will make sure that the stripes look great and cover the defect. There was no way that Ford was ever going to buy it back, and they would never pay the right shop to do the work for a fair amount of money. I did my research, and have been dealing with them, the dealer and a few lawyers, and this seems to be the most painless and acceptable option I have besides suing them. I am relieved that this will be covered with stripes and I will never have to see it again.

Last edited:

01silverstang

Established Member
Please man, you are going out of line here. I already told you that I was planning on adding stripes anyway. So why would I let them tear half the car apart, and also botch the other 99.99% of the roof paint when it would get covered anyway? I made my decision, and I will make sure that the stripes look great and cover the defect. There was no way that Ford was ever going to buy it back, and they would never pay the right shop to do the work for a fair amount of money. I did my research, and have been dealing with them, the dealer and a few lawyers, and this seems to be the most painless and acceptable option I have besides suing them. I am relieved that this will be covered with stripes and I will never have to see it again.

What is out of line here, you owned a GT500, you now own an 11' GT… if you want vinyl stripes I do not doubt your financial ability to purchase some. However to let your Ford dealer slap some stripes over a shitty paint job and calling it good, is not fixing Ford's large f up on your cars paint job.

My statement still stands. If you allow Ford to put vinyl stripes over this and not actually fix the problem we have different ideas on smart business moves. Buyback was proposed when they wouldn't just pay to repaint the roof. Repaint is the best solution, and should have been done no questions asked when it was pointed out. The lawyer was only brought up because the dealership and Ford are hosing you.

I'm done, if you aren't going to stand up for yourself… what we say doesn't matter.

acrbill

Established Member
I just gotta ask. That pic in your sig looks like Golf Mill Ford. Those guys are sharks and I would not trust them to do you right if you decide to trade the car in.

SicShelby09

Banned
I just gotta ask. That pic in your sig looks like Golf Mill Ford. Those guys are sharks and I would not trust them to do you right if you decide to trade the car in.

Yeah it is, but that pic is from when I went to see the car. I got it traded to another dealer where my buddy works. He hooked it up and wouldnt treat anyone bad, let alone a friend. Believe it or not, there are a few dealers out there with honest people in power that will actually give you a great deal and stand behind it even after the sale.

stang910

Established Member
Since you were going to add the stripes anyways your making the right decision. Who cares what's under the stripes, its not gonna cause any problems and nobody will ever know. Besides if you decided to remove the stripes a few years later it would need to be repainted anyways.

I wouldn't neccesarily blame that spot on Ford as I don't see that coming out of the factory like that. I believe your car had some damage from transport and your dealership attempted to fix it. Looks to me like that's a primer spot and there's not a enough ground coat (very transparent) to cover it. As for all the bodyshops not being able to match the paint, I can't figure that one out. It's no different then any other tri-stage paint job and it looks as if there's plenty of blend room. If your getting the run around about they can't match the paint for any reason I for sure wouldn't get it fixed by them, your gonna end up with a mess.

SicShelby09

Banned
Since you were going to add the stripes anyways your making the right decision. Who cares what's under the stripes, its not gonna cause any problems and nobody will ever know. Besides if you decided to remove the stripes a few years later it would need to be repainted anyways.

I wouldn't neccesarily blame that spot on Ford as I don't see that coming out of the factory like that. I believe your car had some damage from transport and your dealership attempted to fix it. Looks to me like that's a primer spot and there's not a enough ground coat (very transparent) to cover it. As for all the bodyshops not being able to match the paint, I can't figure that one out. It's no different then any other tri-stage paint job and it looks as if there's plenty of blend room. If your getting the run around about they can't match the paint for any reason I for sure wouldn't get it fixed by them, your gonna end up with a mess.

I think is mostly because Ford was only willing to pay $400 total for the fix. Once the shops heard this, the excuses started flowing.

01silverstang

Established Member
I think is mostly because Ford was only willing to pay $400 total for the fix. Once the shops heard this, the excuses started flowing.

I think the thing that confuses me most about this is it should be a warranty claim? If anything else failed on the car within a week, engine included, you would have it towed to the dealership and it would be fixed under warranty. I don't understand where the "we only want to pay $400" is coming from? $400 would not get a roof painted anywhere but MAACO.

I don't want you to think I'm just trying to give you a hard time. I admit this situation has pissed me off, but only because I'm think of what I would do in a couple months if this situation was presented to me. I still think even if you want the vinyl stripes you should contact Ford customer service line and try to start your own ball rolling without going through the dealership or whoever they contacted.

SicShelby09

Banned
So my dealer found me a brandnew Candy Red 2011 manual premium 400a GT. 3.73 gears but no brembos or hids. The car would be a straight up trade. It does have the regular 19" wheels, but I think those look like shit. Other than the wheels, I love the color and all the extra stuff the premium has. I love sirius, wanted the bluetooth and so on. The nicer dash is a huge plus too. But those wheels really bug me. I would need to find another set of 19"s, and the tires are 245s not 255s. I am seriously torn here.

SicShelby09

Banned
Would you have replaced the Brembo wheels anyway?

Probably not, but there are the brembo wheels that are gloss black from ford racing, and they are $170.50 from tousley ford. I would sell the stockers and get those in a second. Gloss black brembo wheels or track pack as ford racing calls them.

SicShelby09

Banned
They also found me another blaze yellow 11 GT premium, HIDs, 3.73s, and those weird 19" machined aluminum wheels. Dont know how I feel about another yellow one or those wheels, but the rest is good. I really want a premium this time and HIDS. This has both.

Also there is another base GT with 3.73s and brembos only. Its black though and that sucks. Im super anal about my cars, and black is just about the worst color to care for. Its hot when its clean at night, but during the day even a brand new black car will show swirls and whatnot. So my choices are as follows.

all 2011's.

Candy red premuim with 3.73s and base 19" wheels.....hate those wheels
Ingot silver premium with 3.73s and polished aluminum 18's.....fugly wheels
Blaze yellow premium with 3.73s, HIDs, and machined 19's....not too bad but not brembos......:(
Black base GT, no nothing accept 3.73s and brembos - which is exactly the same car I have now but mine is blaze yellow. And this one is actually cheaper than mine so I would be saving money on it apposed to the other three which are around $2k more.

Where is that unicorn 2011/12 premium GT with brembos, HIDs and 3.73s?? Thats what I want.

01silverstang

Established Member
Here is what a quick search of autotrader turned up for new Mustangs...

I don't know what price range the cars have to fall in, or what they are willing to do in terms of getting you a suitable replacement. Hope this helps there are some out there most are overpriced, but using truecar.com should help you get a better idea of what the alternatives are actually worth and what they would cost the dealer.

5 Star Ford in Richland, Texas has:
2012 White GT Premium with HID/3.73/Brembo $38,675

Jack Kain Ford in Versailles, KY has:
2011 Race Red GT Premium with HID/3.73/Brembo $38,770

Koons Baltimore Ford has:
2012 Kona Blue w/ White Stripe GT Premium with HID/3.73/Brembo/Backup Camera/Reverse Sensors for $34,807

ViciousJay

Established Member
They also found me another blaze yellow 11 GT premium, HIDs, 3.73s, and those weird 19" machined aluminum wheels. Dont know how I feel about another yellow one or those wheels, but the rest is good. I really want a premium this time and HIDS. This has both.

Also there is another base GT with 3.73s and brembos only. Its black though and that sucks. Im super anal about my cars, and black is just about the worst color to care for. Its hot when its clean at night, but during the day even a brand new black car will show swirls and whatnot. So my choices are as follows.

all 2011's.

Candy red premuim with 3.73s and base 19" wheels.....hate those wheels
Ingot silver premium with 3.73s and polished aluminum 18's.....fugly wheels
Blaze yellow premium with 3.73s, HIDs, and machined 19's....not too bad but not brembos......:(
Black base GT, no nothing accept 3.73s and brembos - which is exactly the same car I have now but mine is blaze yellow. And this one is actually cheaper than mine so I would be saving money on it apposed to the other three which are around $2k more.

Where is that unicorn 2011/12 premium GT with brembos, HIDs and 3.73s?? Thats what I want.

take the black and put that 2K into some mods! DUHHHHH thats the right answer

JL-KA

Established Member
Candy red is sexy but I'd take the black one. You know that ford is just gonna slap stripes on your car anyways and try to screw the next person to buy it. I hope that person doesn't want them and ford has to deal with this all over again. Serves them right.

Users who are viewing this thread