Nazman Ported Lower Intake

GodStang

Established Member
Since I was installing the Fore Fuel rails we decided that since the blower was off why not add the Nazman ported lower intake. It is a very nice piece but since I have no dynos anywhere near me I have no numbers. I did have before and afters of one on a stock 03 cobra years ago but do not remember what they are. I do remember it went into boost a bit quicker. Here are some pics:

DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2050.jpg

DSCN2065.jpg

DSCN2070.jpg

DSCN2082.jpg

DSCN2077.jpg

DSCN2083.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg

M240Bravo

Established Member
Looking good. But should have ran the fuel line in the back and not in the front.

Ironhand

Banned
Very Clean setup. The injector bosses look very clean. After seeing those pics I really want some Fore Rails. :thumbsup:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Good luck with that...

From what I hear...you get a little extra "whistle" when those "Nazman" welds start to come apart.

Maybe the silver lining in that is...when you have to take it back apart, you can run your fuel lines from the rear, as suggested ^^^.

GodStang

Established Member
Looking good. But should have ran the fuel line in the back and not in the front.

There is an -8an line in the back and -6an line in the front.

Good luck with that...

From what I hear...you get a little extra "whistle" when those "Nazman" welds start to come apart.

Maybe the silver lining in that is...when you have to take it back apart, you can run your fuel lines from the rear, as suggested ^^^.

I think you are thinking of something else. THERE ARE NO WELDS ON THIS!! Again there are two -8an feed lines to BOTH Rails the back and -6an line in the front. Also my buddy has been running a Nazman lower intake for 4 years on his DD and has had zero issues.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I got the same fuel system and I ran it in the back.

Doubt you have the same one. Mine is 100% custom I built from Fore and local fuel shop. Again I have two -8an feed lines to BOTH Rails in the BACK and a -6an pressure equalizer in the front. Does not really matter since I am going to Return system in a month and everything will be different.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

there are a bunch of different ways you can run returnless lines. some people do a yblock and run 2 lines to the rear(each rail). Some run one line to the front and crossover in the rear, others do like godstang did and run one to the rear and crossover in the front.

personal preference, space limitations, etc. can all play a factor.

BTW, godstang, what they are talking about in terms of the welds cracking is what juiced46 and some others went through, typically on the 99/01 cobra lower intake, which I am sure you are aware of and doesn't apply to your setup. I think work looks really nice and the engine bay is tastefully done.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
Doubt you have the same one. Mine is 100% custom I built from Fore and local fuel shop. Again I have a -8an feed line in the BACK and a -6an pressure equalizer in the front. Does not really matter since I am going to Return system in a month and everything will be different.

Oh ok. Your setup still looks sick BTW.

GodStang

Established Member
there are a bunch of different ways you can run returnless lines. some people do a yblock and run 2 lines to the rear(each rail). Some run one line to the front and crossover in the rear, others do like godstang did and run one to the rear and crossover in the front.

personal preference, space limitations, etc. can all play a factor.

BTW, godstang, what they are talking about in terms of the welds cracking is what juiced46 and some others went through, typically on the 99/01 cobra lower intake, which I am sure you are aware of and doesn't apply to your setup. I think work looks really nice and the engine bay is tastefully done.

Yes. I know what he is talking about but like you said this does not apply to me. It has ZERO welds. If you look in the back left corner I have a T-block instead of a Y-block and both rails get a feed in the back then I have a crossover in the front just for extra measure. I ran no front crossover for a year and then added it for the hell of it. Does not hurt. Of course according to Bernoulli's principle I am not even sure if it helps. The car has made past 700rwhp on 93 octane so I must be doing something right.

Also thanks for the compliments on the engine bay.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice setup you have there Josh. Your attention to the details is well known, so your setup could very easily be a good example for what others might do. Best of luck with it. :)

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Good luck with that...

Those weld issues were on his PSR(Ported short runner) intakes for the 99-01's!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I remember the major issues Dave (Juiced46) had with his ported intake. I had visited Dave at his shop a few months ago and heard the whole horrible story. Glad this intake doesn't have the welds. That's a plus!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
my lower is ported but not a nazman ported lower.... looks like they do great work.

everything is looking good josh. when are you going to ditch that little 2.8h and go with a bigger blower or switch to a turbo(s)? seems like your heads flow so much that you are having a hard time making high boost with the 2.8h from what i was reading over at modularfords.

GodStang

Established Member
my lower is ported but not a nazman ported lower.... looks like they do great work.

everything is looking good josh. when are you going to ditch that little 2.8h and go with a bigger blower or switch to a turbo(s)? seems like your heads flow so much that you are having a hard time making high boost with the 2.8h from what i was reading over at modularfords.

Not sure what I am going to do. I will probably go E85 and then work on a TT 5.4L 2V in the 2001 GT for a taste of something different.

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Those weld issues were on his PSR(Ported short runner) intakes for the 99-01's!

Thanks for setting me straight. Sorry for the misunderstanding on the piece above.

All I know is the 'Ol "Nazman" screwed a TON of folks in various car communities...and I don't care whether he/they can port, polish, piss or poop...I wouldn't spend a red cent with the criminals.

Just my opinion...:shrug:

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for setting me straight. Sorry for the misunderstanding on the piece above.

All I know is the 'Ol "Nazman" screwed a TON of folks in various car communities...and I don't care whether he/they can port, polish, piss or poop...I wouldn't spend a red cent with the criminals.

Just my opinion...:shrug:

I got 2 for free... Sad thing is for about 10 years he was the best of the best when it came to Porting. He did hundreds of ports for tons of people and he was the best and had the top costumer service. He was a local guy and we all knew him before he went to Germany. He was a really good guy. Then he moved to Texas and shit hit the fan. I have no idea what happened. I hate to see this happen to him and have not heard from him in over a year. I wish the old Naz was back but probably has ruin his reputation for good.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I agree he WAS the Man but NAZ's Rep is in the toilet and getting it back is forever tarnished now, he took LOTS of members money and they got NOTHING in return!
DON'T accept payments for ported heads and intakes while Knowing in advance they weren't gonna be done!
And play the "Health Issues" card? Come on!! If I had a sword halfway stuck in my head and could still breath and see I would have returned customers money or their parts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread