NASCAR: Too much Drama?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Lofl, pleading to mods/admin because the facts hurt. And your examples again contradict your argument.....brain surgeons make cake, fire fighters have great jobs when you consider the hours worked, the pay, the pension, and the fact that they CHOOSE to pursue that profession; they're not in it for the money. And if they are, again they can test up as CSD mentioned. And I appreciate the quote from Mark Twain, which leads me to again point out that facts are facts, they're not insults; just facts.

So are you slinging insults outside of Smackdown? That seems to be against the forum rules, which, clearly, you can't comprehend either.

My argument is that they do not make millions of dollars at their professions, which they deserve to FAR more than some convict that can run a football super fast. So of your beloved sports figures, which one can save a man's life by performing brain surgery? Which one, do you think, would happily run into a burning building to pull someone out, risking their own life in the process on a daily basis? Which one do you think would be willing to deal with inherently dangerous individuals on a daily basis and have their lives on the line 100% of the time? And of those, how many would do it for sub-$60k a year salaries?

Your derogatory personal attacks remind me of a very good quote from a very wise man:

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Something to think about.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Lofl, pleading to mods/admin because the facts hurt. And your examples again contradict your argument.....brain surgeons make cake, fire fighters have great jobs when you consider the hours worked, the pay, the pension, and the fact that they CHOOSE to pursue that profession; they're not in it for the money. And if they are, again they can test up as CSD mentioned. And I appreciate the quote from Mark Twain, which leads me to again point out that facts are facts, they're not insults; just facts.

I'm not pleading to anyone. I'm simply pointing out that you're breaking the rules of the forum. THAT would be a fact. Insulting me personally like a complete jackass is clearly against the rules per the sticky at the top of this forum unless we were to be in Smackdown, which we are NOT. You must be so proud since you are the first person to ever hide behind a computer screen and talk shit. :rolleyes::kaboom::loser:

All the crap you mentioned after that, though, certainly isn't FACT.

Obviously I'm WAY above your intellectual level. Surprising? Not at all.

Your generalization skills are magnificent, I'll give you that. So every police officer isn't concerned with money? THAT is surprising. Last I checked, they still have to pay for shit just like the rest of us. :shrug: Oh..that's right. They can test up to a million, no problem...right? :lol1:

Maybe people do jobs that they HAVE to do. Not because they choose to do it. Perhaps you've had a real easy and sheltered life and not had to deal with that "little" aspect of things.

Your reasoning, as well as your whole damn conversation, is so full of painful fail it would give an Asian a headache. Sad thing is, you actually believe the bullshit coming out of your mouth. :lol1:

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Lolpost, as I mentioned in a previous post the fail is strong in you. Your failiclimorians level is at a reading we've never seen before. WTF are you talking about, every police officer/fireman doesn't care about $? That's not even close to what I posted, dimwit. What police officer or fire fighter you or anyone knows was forced into their profession? What people are forced into a profession in the USA? This isn't China or Russia dingaling. Speaking of China, what exactly is an Asian headache?? Please enlighten me oh masterful one.

I'm not pleading to anyone. I'm simply pointing out that you're breaking the rules of the forum. THAT would be a fact.

All the crap you mentioned after that, though, certainly isn't FACT.

Obviously I'm WAY above your intellectual level. Surprising? Not at all.

Your generalization skills are magnificent, I'll give you that. So every police officer isn't concerned with money? THAT is surprising. Last I checked, they still have to pay for shit just like the rest of us. :shrug: Oh..that's right. They can test up to a million, no problem...right? :lol1:

Maybe people do jobs that they HAVE to do. Not because they choose to do it. Perhaps you've had a real easy and sheltered life and not had to deal with that "little" aspect of things.

Your reasoning, as well as your whole damn conversation, is so full of painful fail it would give an Asian a headache. Sad thing is, you actually believe the bullshit coming out of your mouth. :lol1:

VictorySong

Established Member
drama-llama.jpg

:pop:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Kinda funny to see the contradictions some make "I want the sport to go back to how it was" then "I hate drama queens and the helmet throwing and temper tantrums". That pretty much was how it was back in the day.

FWIW, I see more drama produced watching UFC with their 5min montages before a fight. Talk about creating artificial drama. At least in Nascar its legit, and even then, its usually settled by wednesday after both drivers talk over the phone and work it out.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
+1

+2

kinda funny to see the contradictions some make "i want the sport to go back to how it was" then "i hate drama queens and the helmet throwing and temper tantrums". That pretty much was how it was back in the day.

Fwiw, i see more drama produced watching ufc with their 5min montages before a fight. Talk about creating artificial drama. At least in nascar its legit, and even then, its usually settled by wednesday after both drivers talk over the phone and work it out.

rjs281

Established Member
I wasn't planing on posting in this thread,but if we go back to the old days there well be 3 cars on the lead lap every week. And they well be 15 seconds apart. When did driving around in a 900 HP car become easy? This is not for 9 seconds,but for 3 hours.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
These guys get paid what they get paid because they are the best at what they do and there is a demand for them. Every form of racing thanks or mentions sponsorship. Let's face it without sponsorship, any professional racing series is nonexistent.
I for one think the racing is better now than its been for a while. Everyone who is complaining about NASCAR no longer running stock cars and tighter rules and regulations I invite you to go watch a race from the 50-60's where drivers won by laps instead of feet. That would be awesome to sit and watch. NASCAR has put winning/success more onto the driver /crew chief which if fine by me. Start and park cars are a necessary evil to the sport because small teams will start and park a few races to make enough money to run a few full races. Provisionals in qualifying are also a necessity because of the amount of money changing hands in this sport. Plus you would lose live fans very quickly if someone drives 7 hours, hotel fees etc and their favorite driver has to sit out. It's not the county fairgrounds where your driving 30 minutes and spending 10 bucks to get in. I don't know why everyone gets so worked up about people hating on NASCAR. It's their opinion. I could care less what anyone else thinks. Stay out of your feelings and add something constructive to the conversation. :beer:

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wasn't planing on posting in this thread,but if we go back to the old days there well be 3 cars on the lead lap every week. And they well be 15 seconds apart. When did driving around in a 900 HP car become easy? This is not for 9 seconds,but foe 3 hours.

Glad someone understands, I agree with your first part. It would be a show of who has the $$$. Youd be seeing a Hendricks circle jerk with SHR (since the run Hendricks cars/motors) watching from outside the circle and everyone else way in the background. Now with the way its regulated and cars are on a level playing field, having the deepest pocketbooks or most drivers on the track dont mean shit.

Dunno what you mean by the second part, nothing easy about driving a 900hp car that spins tires in 4th gear coming out of a turn at 160-170mph

CSD

Banned
Kinda funny to see the contradictions some make "I want the sport to go back to how it was" then "I hate drama queens and the helmet throwing and temper tantrums". That pretty much was how it was back in the day.

FWIW, I see more drama produced watching UFC with their 5min montages before a fight. Talk about creating artificial drama. At least in Nascar its legit, and even then, its usually settled by wednesday after both drivers talk over the phone and work it out.

Do you remember when Robby Gordon threw his helmet at Waltrip's car and then cursed him out during the interview? I lol'd it was great! NASCAR needs that.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Lolpost, as I mentioned in a previous post the fail is strong in you. Your failiclimorians level is at a reading we've never seen before. WTF are you talking about, every police officer/fireman doesn't care about $? That's not even close to what I posted, dimwit. What police officer or fire fighter you or anyone knows was forced into their profession? What people are forced into a profession in the USA? This isn't China or Russia dingaling. Speaking of China, what exactly is an Asian headache?? Please enlighten me oh masterful one.

If you are seriously asking that question, you are a dumbass.

/endthread

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Yep, a lot of slaves around these parts.:lol: At first I was just busting balls but now it's clear you really are retarded. Sorry, don't tell your parents I was making fun of you. And don't miss the short bus to day camp it should be there by 9:30. (When the big hand is on the 6 and the little hand is on the 9) And don't forget your helmet!!

If you are seriously asking that question, you are a dumbass.

/endthread

rjs281

Established Member
Glad someone understands, I agree with your first part. It would be a show of who has the $$$. Youd be seeing a Hendricks circle jerk with SHR (since the run Hendricks cars/motors) watching from outside the circle and everyone else way in the background. Now with the way its regulated and cars are on a level playing field, having the deepest pocketbooks or most drivers on the track dont mean shit.

Dunno what you mean by the second part, nothing easy about driving a 900hp car that spins tires in 4th gear coming out of a turn at 160-170mph

That was is what i meant. That it takes a lot of skill to do what they do. :beer:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That was is what i meant. That it takes a lot of skill to do what they do. :beer:

:beer: absolutely takes skill, mental focus and great physical conditioning. Those cup cars will wear your ass out, really any race car and these guys spend hours driving on the ragged edge.

Users who are viewing this thread