NASCAR: Too much Drama?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Aren't the team owners responsible for those bills? :shrug:

How do you think teams get their money though?

The driver is an employee. He sits in the car and tries to drive it to the line before everyone else, getting his team the most return for their investments. But there are still costs associated with this endeavor.

Maybe it's just me, but to earn one million dollars in my eyes, one has to do a lot more than drive a car well or toss a football. :shrug:

When you have that many spectators paying $100 a ticket, why in your mind is it wrong for the winner/winning team of a race to get $1,000,000?

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
How do you think teams get their money though?

The driver is an employee. He sits in the car and tries to drive it to the line before everyone else, getting his team the most return for their investments. But there are still costs associated with this endeavor.

When you have that many spectators paying $100 a ticket, why in your mind is it wrong for the winner/winning team of a race to get $1,000,000?

I can see you have a real love of the sport, and I can respect that.

That said, our opinions aren't ever going to be the same. I can't justify mine to you, nor you to I. So I agree to disagree. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I can see you have a real love of the sport, and I can respect that.

That said, our opinions aren't ever going to be the same. I can't justify mine to you, nor you to I. So I agree to disagree. :beer:

what.jpg

You disagree about how the money flows and how teams get paid?

You think they should only make a few grand total and let the venue reign in $5mil after ticket sales?

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
It's funny - it's always the non-athletic types that never played any type of sports when they were younger who have such a hatred for professional sports. jealousy lol.

You want to make millions? Go out and do it, nothing is stopping you. I see this mindset everywhere nowadays. People are bitter and jealous that they are too lazy to become wealthy, so they just take it out and 'professional athletes'. I say good for those athletes. Good for them for working hard, using connections, whatever they had to do to get there. As for me, Im gonna keep working hard and making money. I will not be lazy all day and be bitter towards those who work harder than me. If you want it, go out and get it. Always remember that ambition far exceeds talent and natural ability.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
It's funny - it's always the non-athletic types that never played any type of sports when they were younger who have such a hatred for professional sports. jealousy lol.

You want to make millions? Go out and do it, nothing is stopping you. I see this mindset everywhere nowadays. People are bitter and jealous that they are too lazy to become wealthy, so they just take it out and 'professional athletes'. I say good for those athletes. Good for them for working hard, using connections, whatever they had to do to get there. As for me, Im gonna keep working hard and making money. I will not be lazy all day and be bitter towards those who work harder than me. If you want it, go out and get it. Always remember that ambition far exceeds talent and natural ability.

Nice generalization there. :lol1:

So if someone disagrees with something, they must be jealous? :bored:

You know what's REALLY a problem these days? Stupidity. And you, my friend, are spreading it with posts like that.:kaboom:

Sick03Vert

Banned
what.jpg

You disagree about how the money flows and how teams get paid?

You think they should only make a few grand total and let the venue reign in $5mil after ticket sales?

As I said before, I agree to disagree. These conversations always go nowhere.

There's always two camps on this issue: Those that feel $1 billion dollars is an acceptable salary if someone can run, jump, or drive well enough.

Or camp 2, who feel that kind of money is asinine and would like to see it going towards people who truly deserve it, like our police officers, doctors, and enlisted men and women who put their lives on the line for these people and make peanuts doing it. I fall into that camp.

To each his own, I say again.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The only one spreading stupidity in this thread is you. People in professional sports are paid a lot of money because they generate a lot of money. It's the same with successful actors, singers, etc... But this is the same in ANY walk of life, if you're one of the best you'll get paid well. Your point of view is stupid and your posts are worse, that's why people are giving you a hard time. Nevermind the fact that no one ever wanted you on their dodgeball team; Chunk.

Nice generalization there. :lol1:

So if someone disagrees with something, they must be jealous? :bored:

You know what's REALLY a problem these days? Stupidity. And you, my friend, are spreading it with posts like that.:kaboom:

Mxfrench

Established Member
lol true stock cars?

You really wanna watch a bunch of slow ass stock cars run around the track at 120-130mph and not being able to be durable enough to bump/grind?

Sounds pretty gay. Not to mention, stupid for anyone dumb enough to build say a modified mustang (for example, like someone would mod a fusion for circle track racing) and make it capable of at least 160 in the straight without pretty much gutting everything about it that makes it "stock" so the driver survives an impact at even 120mph into a safer barrier. And guess what, now you have a super modified "stock" car again, oh look, with what you spent and end up with, might as well stick with a sprint cup car. You would need to have tech regulations looser than the loosest drag strip in existence to let someone race a "stock" car from the dealer floor on a circle track at those speeds.

Laughing at this mindset.
What does NASCAR stand for?
In the 40-70 they were actual cars.
You discounted my statement with out looking at NASCAR history. When it started they raced SHOW ROOM STOCK cars. In the 80-90 they had STOCK templates, now you have a fricken IROC series. They can not change the gears all the cars are alike. So before laughing at my statement look at NASCAR history.
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing what part of stock is there any longer so please either change the name or race cars that at least have a template of the car it represents.
You bust my balls because I state what the thing started as and was and has morphed into a bunch of midgets in a circle jerk.

CSD

Banned
I started watching Nascar in the mid 90's and IMO it was much better back then. The cars and racetracks have come a long way with safety and performance, that's a good thing. But the way Nascar is run today, I'm not a fan.

My first gripe is the attractive blond 'Sprint' girl that stands next to the driver in winner's circle. Why? Someone please tell why they need a woman to just stand there and look pretty while the winner is celebrating and being interviewed.

Second, let the drivers speak their mind. Fining Tony for speaking his mind about another driver that just wrecked him or Denny being fined for complaining about the Car of Tomorrow is childish. If Stewart is pissed off, let him say what he wants to say without fining him. One of the factors hindering the growth of this sport is the lack of personality, everyone walks and talks the same. It's boring. These drivers are real people, they have emotions. Let them show it.

Third, can I have 20 more Kyle Busch's please? When Nascar's popularity was peaking, we had names like Rudd, Wallace, Waltrip, Petty, and Earnhardt. These men drove like every race matters. It's win or wreck trying. Dale Jr does not have that in his blood. Nascar needs more drivers like Tony and Kyle. Drivers who don't care what you think and who will do what is needed to win.

4th, showing allegiance to the sponsors. I can't remember the last time a driver was on tv without a Coke in his/her hand. Is this really necessary? No, no it's not. We don't need products constantly shoved in our face. It's a wonder Jimmy doesn't walk around with a 2x4.

5th, the season is too damn long. We don't need 36 races. I start out excited to watch the Daytona 500. I watch as the action heads out to California and makes its way through places like Bristol, Martinsville and Talladega. By the time the action comes back around to last week in Daytona, I’m getting burned out. NASCAR does 26 races over 28 weeks (over half a year) before its version of the playoffs. :sleeping:

Six, limit the field to 40 cars instead of 43. No more 'start and park' teams. It's a joke! If they can’t maintain the minimum speed, stay home. They’re a waste of space and sponsor money.

Lastly, Jimmie Johnson. Five consecutive titles. I’d like to see him hit the wall every race for the remainder of the season. I’m tired of him, anyone else? I’m tired of his high road, never controversial personality. I’m tired of him winning all the time. Can anyone else win? Someone? :shrug:

Sure, back to back championships are great. I was happy for him after the first two. Three in a row? Amazing! Anything beyond that gets old real quick. Nascar needs fresh blood at the top ASAP or the fans that are left will lose interest as well.

Good thread.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Broski, I totally agree with you on the fining of drivers that speak their mind, that stupid Sprint Cup bitch, wanting more drivers like KB&TS, the start and park teams, the season being too long, and limiting the field to 40.

As far as the sponsorship placement is concerned it's a necessary evil; without the sponsors there is no NASCAR or any other sport for that matter.

And I really have to disagree with you on Jimmy Johnson. He and his team are incredible. If he stays healthy and continues on the path he's on will be the best driver in the history of NASCAR. People used to bitch about Sr. winning all the time when he was around and now he's remembered as unstoppable. And this is a time when the cars are more restricted by the rules than ever before.

What he's doing is amazing. Not to mention he is one of the cleanest drivers out there, almost always says the right thing and is involved in many different charitable organizations. If anything the guy is a great role model and a just a winner. You have to at least admit that. the guy already has 64 wins, and his career finish average is only like 12th. Over 417 races that's incredible....he wins over 15% of the races he enters!

I started watching Nascar in the mid 90's and IMO it was much better back then. The cars and racetracks have come a long way with safety and performance, that's a good thing. But the way Nascar is run today, I'm not a fan.

My first gripe is the attractive blond 'Sprint' girl that stands next to the driver in winner's circle. Why? Someone please tell why they need a woman to just stand there and look pretty while the winner is celebrating and being interviewed.

Second, let the drivers speak their mind. Fining Tony for speaking his mind about another driver that just wrecked him or Denny being fined for complaining about the Car of Tomorrow is childish. If Stewart is pissed off, let him say what he wants to say without fining him. One of the factors hindering the growth of this sport is the lack of personality, everyone walks and talks the same. It's boring. These drivers are real people, they have emotions. Let them show it.

Third, can I have 20 more Kyle Busch's please? When Nascar's popularity was peaking, we had names like Rudd, Wallace, Waltrip, Petty, and Earnhardt. These men drove like every race matters. It's win or wreck trying. Dale Jr does not have that in his blood. Nascar needs more drivers like Tony and Kyle. Drivers who don't care what you think and who will do what is needed to win.

4th, showing allegiance to the sponsors. I can't remember the last time a driver was on tv without a Coke in his/her hand. Is this really necessary? No, no it's not. We don't need products constantly shoved in our face. It's a wonder Jimmy doesn't walk around with a 2x4.

5th, the season is too damn long. We don't need 36 races. I start out excited to watch the Daytona 500. I watch as the action heads out to California and makes its way through places like Bristol, Martinsville and Talladega. By the time the action comes back around to last week in Daytona, I’m getting burned out. NASCAR does 26 races over 28 weeks (over half a year) before its version of the playoffs. :sleeping:

Six, limit the field to 40 cars instead of 43. No more 'start and park' teams. It's a joke! If they can’t maintain the minimum speed, stay home. They’re a waste of space and sponsor money.

Lastly, Jimmie Johnson. Five consecutive titles. I’d like to see him hit the wall every race for the remainder of the season. I’m tired of him, anyone else? I’m tired of his high road, never controversial personality. I’m tired of him winning all the time. Can anyone else win? Someone? :shrug:

Sure, back to back championships are great. I was happy for him after the first two. Three in a row? Amazing! Anything beyond that gets old real quick. Nascar needs fresh blood at the top ASAP or the fans that are left will lose interest as well.

Good thread.

Sick03Vert

Banned
The only one spreading stupidity in this thread is you. People in professional sports are paid a lot of money because they generate a lot of money. It's the same with successful actors, singers, etc... But this is the same in ANY walk of life, if you're one of the best you'll get paid well. Your point of view is stupid and your posts are worse, that's why people are giving you a hard time. Nevermind the fact that no one ever wanted you on their dodgeball team; Chunk.

Uh oh...Internet tough guy! :rollseyes

So if you are the best cop on the force, you will make more money right? Nope....

So if you are the best fire fighter in the firehouse, you are making tons of cash right? Nope....

The list goes on. "Professional" sports players make a lot of money because people like you buy the tickets. That's all. :shrug:

And I really don't care if someone is giving me a hard time. That's the point of a conversation, which is an art clearly lost on you. :fart:

Don't try to match wits with me...it will end VERY, VERY badly for you.

Sick03Vert

Banned
You discounted my statement with out looking at NASCAR history. When it started they raced SHOW ROOM STOCK cars. In the 80-90 they had STOCK templates, now you have a fricken IROC series. They can not change the gears all the cars are alike. So before laughing at my statement look at NASCAR history.
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing what part of stock is there any longer so please either change the name or race cars that at least have a template of the car it represents.
You bust my balls because I state what the thing started as and was and has morphed into a bunch of midgets in a circle jerk.

:lol::thumbsup:

/endthread

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Ok internet fatboy. The best firefighters/police officers do make more money when they're promoted due to their exemplary performance or if they choose to take the necessary tests to further their career. When people truly want to be successful they have the opportunity do so in this country. A slouch like you can't understand that though, and your jealousy is very evident As far as matching wits is concerned you have me terrified, whatever will I do to overcome your superior intellect oh great one? Ya know, seeing as though I'll be so incredibly sorry that I tangled with such an advanced mind as yours. Lol you lead paint eating Quasimodo.

Uh oh...Internet tough guy! :rollseyes

So if you are the best cop on the force, you will make more money right? Nope....

So if you are the best fire fighter in the firehouse, you are making tons of cash right? Nope

The list goes on. "Professional" sports players make a lot of money because people like you buy the tickets. That's all. :shrug:

And I really don't care if someone is giving me a hard time. That's the point of a conversation, which is an art clearly lost on you. :fart:

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member

It's kind of a double edged sword. I completely understand the history of NASCAR. Part of me wants more production-based cars in the sport, but you have to be realistic and think about what would happen. Production cars today are worlds faster than production cars of the past. The safety requirements would be insane. By the time you'd put in the safety equipment to handle the speeds that today's production cars can make... you'd almost have what we have today anyway. The COT car was obviously too far of a step toward an IROC car, and I think NASCAR acknowledges that.

Good thread.

So many good points here.

Miss Sprint Cup. My wife and I always make fun of them. They have 3 different ones, and they ALL look so stupid up there smiling behind the drivers and shaking their heads in total agreement with what they just said, as if they discussed it before. A total corporate sellout.

Driver's speaking their mind. AMEN!!! We definitely need more of this, and less corporate machines behind the wheel. Just another example of the continuing pussification of America!!!

Kyle Busch and drivers of his ilk. Ya know, I've NEVER been a Kyle Busch fan. It's just so much fun to hate on him, and that's one of the things that makes NASCAR great. I've always thought he was a crybaby when things weren't going his way (Jimmie Johnson 2013 anybody???), but your comment really shines a light on him that I truly do appreciate. I really do wish we had more "outlaw" types in NASCAR!

Allegiance to sponsors. It truly is ridiculous how they always have that Coke shoved in their face every time a camera is on them, complete with the label facing outwards!! It's SO cartoonish, that it makes me not want to buy a Coke product. My wife & I have good laughs about this too lol. It's also getting horrendous with whoever is sponsoring their freaking SUNGLASSES.

Length of the season. ehhhhhh, I read that alot; and it would probably be better for the sport with casual fans if they shortened the season. MYSELF.... I'd watch a race 52 weeks out of the year. I can't get enough of it.

Shorten the field & get rid of start & parkers./ AGREED! I also say change the qualifying rules. No automatic qualifiers. Maybe a Champions provisional within the last 5 years

Jimmie Johnson. I want to hate him, and I DO hate how vanilla he is. But I do have to admit I admire the domination that he & Knaus have shown. I understand Hendrick is giving them the best equipment, but it just shows that winning can be done, and others should take it upon themselves to knock him down.

VictorySong

Established Member

I'm pretty sure participation in sports is mandatory in school these days. It was when I was in. As far as making millions go, why bother? I could live in Wyoming making 100k and have a better standard of living than someone living in NYC making a couple mil per year and have zero stress.

Disinterest doesn't equal hate even if I think the players are the bottom of the garbage heap in terms of morals and intelligence.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Ok internet fatboy. The best firefighters/police officers do make more money when they're promoted due to their exemplary performance or if they choose to take the necessary tests to further their career. When people truly want to be successful they have the opportunity do so in this country. A slouch like you can't understand that though, and your jealousy is very evident As far as matching wits is concerned you have me terrified, whatever will I do to overcome your superior intellect oh great one? Ya know, seeing as though I'll be so incredibly sorry that I tangled with such an advanced mind as yours. Lol you lead paint eating Quasimodo.

So are you slinging insults outside of Smackdown? That seems to be against the forum rules, which, clearly, you can't comprehend either.

My argument is that they do not make millions of dollars at their professions, which they deserve to FAR more than some convict that can run a football super fast. So of your beloved sports figures, which one can save a man's life by performing brain surgery? Which one, do you think, would happily run into a burning building to pull someone out, risking their own life in the process on a daily basis? Which one do you think would be willing to deal with inherently dangerous individuals on a daily basis and have their lives on the line 100% of the time? And of those, how many would do it for sub-$60k a year salaries?

Your derogatory personal attacks remind me of a very good quote from a very wise man:

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Something to think about.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I can't stand the crying and bitching between the drivers. Once the helmet throwing became mainstream I was done. How about some good old fashion racing?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Times change. Who cares if it started out that way, nobody knew better back then to build a car up from scratch with a tube-frame chassis and fiberglass body panels. If they did, they would've done that instead. Not to mention they built cars way stronger back in the day with body-over-frame design than todays Unibody. If you want it to remain "stock" cars it means neutering the sport. The cars evolved along the years and at some point someone realized it was far more effective to build up from scratch to a purpose built machine rather than buy from the manufacturer and build down to achieve lesser results.

This would be like someone bitching about NFL using helmets/padding on astroturf when it started out it was leather caps played in mud.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Yeah usually when someone brings out a comment like this, it always makes me think of the saying "Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

GregFloresSVT

95 5.0
Established Member

^this :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread