NASCAR at the LA Coliseum | Thoughts???

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Ain’t feeling this, “do it for dale” sorta racing here, being honest.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Who don't like a big ass truck tearing up a pig farm!

Won’t be as cool as Robby Gordon’s stadium trucks ripping around and up down the coliseum.
IMG_20201018_134600.jpeg

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I applaud Nascar for the experimenting they are doing. Lot more road courses, and that dirt race they did in Bristol was unique.

The new car should be huge. It is now finally 21st century technology. Might really level the playing field, making things interesting.

As for the LA thing? Unlikely I'll pay much attention. Ill probably watch a bit of the Daytona 500, after that, who knows on the rest of the races.....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It's not what it was, but I still go to the 1 race a year at NHMS. My sister has an amazing reserved site. We are way closer than anyone on the other side on the grandstands. About 15 ft if I had to guess.

A flat track would be interesting for sure.

I highly recommend the SRX series for anyone that hasn't watched it. It was started by Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham. It's only a few races, but it's retiried members of Indy, Nascar etc, and it's meant to be fun for the drivers. Very entertaining.
It's coming back for a second season this year.
Race results from last hear are below, so you can get an idea of the drivers.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is this the first time ever, the first race of the year isn't Daytona?

No, this race always happens the weekend before Daytona. In years past it's been called the Bud Shootout.

It's not what it was, but I still go to the 1 race a year at NHMS. My sister has an amazing reserved site. We are way closer than anyone on the other side on the grandstands. About 15 ft if I had to guess.

A flat track would be interesting for sure.

I highly recommend the SRX series for anyone that hasn't watched it. It was started by Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham. It's only a few races, but it's retiried members of Indy, Nascar etc, and it's meant to be fun for the drivers. Very entertaining.
It's coming back for a second season this year.
Race results from last hear are below, so you can get an idea of the drivers.

I'm hoping SRX grows and expands over the next few years.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Me too, I loved it last year. Small tracks, and big name racers from different branches, all in identical cars.
I also really like the idea of a hometown driver they have for every race/track. What a great idea and amazing opportunity for the local guys!

Hoping Paul Tracy comes back this year, he was entertaining for sure.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
With most teams only have 2 cars ready maybe 3 (big if) for speedways next week. This exhibition car is their back up. New / new design, new track…. Caution will be on the minds on the team. There’s always wrecks prior to the 500 so the likelihood that a few teams lose their primary next week via wrecked or causin wreck prior to the 500 (practice or the duals) is high. Can’t see many willing to risk too much and destroying this car for A non-points race. Whether the driver agrees is mute as the team engineers are going to have them pumping the brakes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With most teams only have 2 cars ready maybe 3 (big if) for speedways next week. This exhibition car is their back up. New / new design, new track…. Caution will be on the minds on the team. There’s always wrecks prior to the 500 so the likelihood that a few teams lose their primary next week via wrecked or causin wreck prior to the 500 (practice or the duals) is high. Can’t see many willing to risk too much and destroying this car for A non-points race. Whether the driver agrees is mute as the team engineers are going to have them pumping the brakes.

Not to mention having to haul all your crap from NC to CA to FL in a short period of time.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
No, this race always happens the weekend before Daytona. In years past it's been called the Bud Shootout.

Ahhh yes! Just confusing me because of the new location.

Super Bowl tag along - should be a fun event for all those folks in town.

I’ve been a NASCAR fan since my first in person race at Bristol, 1998. Been hooked ever since. I agree it’s gone downhill a bit over the years but it’s an argument at 150+ MPH. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s an exhibition race, no points.

Daytona is still the first “race” of the season
Yeah, like the old Busch Shootout, no points. I used to watch the Shootout, but lost interest years ago. I will check out the Busch Light Clash at The Coliseum, and watch the Daytona 500. One of the very few Nascar races I'll watch. Bristol is a must as it's exciting and I've been there.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, like the old Busch Shootout, no points. I used to watch the Shootout, but lost interest years ago. I will check out the Busch Light Clash at The Coliseum, and watch the Daytona 500. One of the very few Nascar races I'll watch. Bristol is a must as it's exciting and I've been there.
Been to Bristol 4 times. Loudest place in the world - hearing protection is a must. So fun!

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Agreed.

The whole Colosseum concept on the west coast prior to retiring back to the east coast is dumb. It’s a zero some game outside of revenue for nascar and maybe the 7 drivers sponsors that the tv is obsessive about each and every race. Outside of that? Who knows why.

Part of the reason why the shoot out was at Daytona week prior was a) convenience / helping to keep budget low for teams b) rewarding those with extra track time for their speed the prior year aka pole position. In prep for the 500.

Nascar lost sight of this this in many levels.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
What is NASCAR and what do criminal phaggots care about it?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Been to Bristol 4 times. Loudest place in the world - hearing protection is a must. So fun!
It is literally a bowl, and sound just rises and envelopes you. You have to be there to experience as it's so hard to imagine otherwise. Very steep incline for the seats too. A very unique and awesome track.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Might really level the playing field, making things interesting.
This is the BS that ruined the sport. Making sure every car had the same aero template, the same HP, ect, ect. This is nothing but IROC racing. Identical cars going in a circle.
Nobody is allowed to innovate and bust their ass for an advantage. If they do, they have to either have it banned or it has to be shared with everyone else.
That is not racing. It is socialized "motorsports".
It is the definition of Boring...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

And rhe bud shootout was always a fun race to watch on saturdy night...seen it live 3 times

This shit plays out tomorrow...hope it doesnt suck but im thinkij it will...ill watch it

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
It is literally a bowl, and sound just rises and envelopes you. You have to be there to experience as it's so hard to imagine otherwise. Very steep incline for the seats too. A very unique and awesome track.
Bristol is awesome...only bern there once and i cant wait to go again

Users who are viewing this thread