Mysteed's 1988 Notch V6 drag car build

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very cool man! I always wanted to stuff a t-bird s/c 3,8 in a v6 stang and just leave it looking like a base model car that could whomp on some folks. I had the motor and tran to do it, but no body, so I sold em...:cuss:

mysteed

Established Member
Knocked out out a few more things this weekend. Got the trans mounts completely done and the trans permenantly installed, shifter cable is installed, and the exhaust is partially installed. I'm not really happy where the exhaust sits at the rear of the vehicle so I may end up cutting the exhaust and running dumps or turndowns.

Driverside trans mount:
IMG_1994.jpg

Passengerside trans mount:
IMG_1993.jpg

Trans finally into place:
IMG_1995.jpg

mysteed

Established Member
Painted a set of Bullitts I had laying around gloss black & I'm painting the other 2 bullitts. I also tossed on a set of 275 tires to see if they fit and they will so I may try on the FR500's I have with 295's.
IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Last weekend I also worked on getting the wiring on the car done & the exhaust finished up. The dash harness is run as well as the full body harness. I still have to wire up the headlights, taillights, 3rd brakelight, & license plate lights but thankfully I have one side of the taillights done.

Passengerside taillight harness- still have to wrap up the harness:
IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

I still have a TON of work left to do on the car but some great progress has been made this past week. I also have the driveshaft measured (we're having an inch and a half cut) and it's going to the driveshaft shop later today.

mysteed

Established Member
Knocked out a few more things on the list. Tossed on the black bullitts on the front to see how they look- new 245/30/17 tires need to be ordered for it. Dash is fully in and the wiring behind it is secure. Brake lights, rear running lights, license plate lights, reverse lights, and 3rd brake light are all wired up, wrapped, and tucked away. Cleaned up the engine bay a bit- still need to work on this part a bit to give it that "clean" look I want. Also since it was sitting for so long I was able to give it a bath.

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
looks awesome, great project...i know someone already asked about a title, and you said you got one?? So ddid you register it?

My advice if you did not, is buy a POS mustang of the same year, with a title you know is good and register that, do a little vin swapping or just register it. The police do not really check the vin on the car if you were to get stopped.

mysteed

Established Member
I love seeing sn95 or new edge interior in the fox body
Same here. I can't stand the look of the fox dash's.

looks awesome, great project...i know someone already asked about a title, and you said you got one?? So ddid you register it?

My advice if you did not, is buy a POS mustang of the same year, with a title you know is good and register that, do a little vin swapping or just register it. The police do not really check the vin on the car if you were to get stopped.
I thought I had a lead on a title but it didn't pan out. Currently not looking to run it on the street so no title doesn't bother me.

That thing looks mean with the supercharger on it
Thanks, it looks even better from the drivers seat. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread