My VMP GEN2 STG2 install on a 2014 GT auto

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Parts arrived
ZoPHYdT.jpg

Zona14Stang

Established Member
opps forgot to select tune update. Might not be installing tonight. My error.... and of course I planned it perfect my work is 18 miles from home and it say 21 miles to go... I should have realized because Justin usually sends tunes out really quickly. They have really good customer service.

Last edited:

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Looking good Kevin! You should really be cooking now with the 79mm pulley, ID1000, and the twin jet TB on E85. I'm still waiting for my revised tune, I sent my datalogs in on Tuesday morning so I hope I get the update early this week.

rmurer

Established Member
what size pulley are you running? Stock block?

nevermind i saw your signature dunno why it wasn't showing up.

either way a 79mm pulley, E85.. gonna be flirting with disaster.

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member

Hope not we'll see... usually when you go E85 a lot of people have gone to the 79mm pulley.

mackdog2008

Established Member

I have been running E85 since last October with the 79mm pulley.
Hope not we'll see... usually when you go E85 a lot of people have gone to the 79mm pulley.
I would not worry about it.

rmurer

Established Member
I have been running E85 since last October with the 79mm pulley.

I would not worry about it.

do you know how much you put down? I always here the safe numbers for the stock block are 600whp... of course some go over that but you start getting to a point where something will let go.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Have you dyno'd with this set up?

do you know how much you put down? I always here the safe numbers for the stock block are 600whp... of course some go over that but you start getting to a point where something will let go.
I haven't dynoed it yet but soon, I made 633rwhp 558rwtq on 91 octane with the 79mm pulley at 14.5° timing tuned by Justin at VMP

I see 22° of timing on the E85 ( right now E70 ) they haven't switched over to E85 yet here for the summer.

evil281

Established Member
Damn even on the 91 dyno run I would have been uncomfortable. I think I am going to build a short block before I add the 79mm pulley when I get the kit

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Damn even on the 91 dyno run I would have been uncomfortable. I think I am going to build a short block before I add the 79mm pulley when I get the kit

I would see what you get. When I dynoed with our quality 91 octane here I was no where near those numbers best I saw was 541 rwhp but the knock sensor was pulling up the 3.4 in timing. But looking at the curve I might have lost 50 - 60 rwhp but I don't think I lost almost 100. I should have dynoed with the 100 octane. When I did my 4th gear data logs with the 100 oct mix 7.5 gall of Sunoco Race fuel and 8.5 gallons of Shell 91 I saw no knock at all. But I did not dyno again. I will find out but I am wondering about the fear of the 79 mm pulley. I think if you have good gas which we don't or can run e85 and have no Knock on the data logs I think it will be fine.

mackdog2008

Established Member
I would see what you get. When I dynoed with our quality 91 octane here I was no where near those numbers best I saw was 541 rwhp but the knock sensor was pulling up the 3.4 in timing. But looking at the curve I might have lost 50 - 60 rwhp but I don't think I lost almost 100. I should have dynoed with the 100 octane. When I did my 4th gear data logs with the 100 oct mix 7.5 gall of Sunoco Race fuel and 8.5 gallons of Shell 91 I saw no knock at all. But I did not dyno again. I will find out but I am wondering about the fear of the 79 mm pulley. I think if you have good gas which we don't or can run e85 and have no Knock on the data logs I think it will be fine.

Mine is the stage 3 kit you only had the stage 2, I saw no timing being pulled with mine on 91

I went over to E85 for safety mainly but the added power is very nice.

I asked Justin at VMP and he said we can push high 600 to the tires just fine, if he is willing to tell me that's fine then I don't see why I should be worried, on the other hand I don't beat the crap out of my car.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Mine is the stage 3 kit you only had the stage 2, I saw no timing being pulled with mine on 91

I went over to E85 for safety mainly but the added power is very nice.

I asked Justin at VMP and he said we can push high 600 to the tires just fine, if he is willing to tell me that's fine then I don't see why I should be worried, on the other hand I don't beat the crap out of my car.
I agree if you don't beat the heck out of it you should be fine. IF you have no knock you should be good. When I dynoed it last time it was a pseudo stage 3 kit. Since I had added the BAP and 79 mm pulley. Now I am adding the TB and injectors mainly for the E85 conversion. Should have done the stage 3 in first place.
You have good gas. There have a been quite a few people that I have talked to that were having knock issues with their 91 too.
I will let you know how it runs once I get the update.

evil281

Established Member
I agree if you don't beat the heck out of it you should be fine. IF you have no knock you should be good. When I dynoed it last time it was a pseudo stage 3 kit. Since I had added the BAP and 79 mm pulley. Now I am adding the TB and injectors mainly for the E85 conversion. Should have done the stage 3 in first place.
You have good gas. There have a been quite a few people that I have talked to that were having knock issues with their 91 too.
I will let you know how it runs once I get the update.

I am sure if its tuned properly you can get by fine, I am just alittle chicken when it comes to pushing the motor that hard. Its not that I couldn't replace the shortblock its just if it did blow what else is it going to take with it? I am still planning the stage 3 like you recommended Zona14stang just might not start with the 79mm pulley until I forge the shortblock which I might even do prior to the VMP install in late August.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
AED pretty much maxes out a stock pump, BAP, and ID1000's with E85 & an 82mm pulley making around 675whp... I don't see the point of running a 79mm on E85 Unless it's detuned, you'll run out of pump...

my tuner won't even tune E85 without a fuel sys...

Users who are viewing this thread