My VMP GEN2 STG2 install on a 2014 GT auto

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
After working on the OP's car I would grade this an excellent kit. Fit/finish/performance is outstanding.

The installation was (mostly) simple and easy to understand. Only had 2 issues during the install; VMP might want to address these for future customers:

1) Automatic transmission lines blocking the mounting location of the larger pulley assembly. Couple of options eventually presented themselves, but I don't recall the instructions saying anything about the lines being in the way. This situation threw all 3 of us for a loop on how to reroute them in the best possible way while doing the least amount of cutting/potential damage.

2) The supplied sleeve connecting the throttle body to JLT CAI tube. The rubber sleeve needs to be about double the width of what was included in the kit.

Ignoring the time lost on the 2 points above, we spent less than 8 hours actually working/installing the rest of the kit.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Explain what you had to do to re-route the hose. Judy a simple extension?
Thanks for what's probably a dumb question.
In my case we just bent the lines over. One person held the line using a channel lock and the other used another channel lock to slightly bend the line.
Another option would be to cut the right line. It is shown in the pictures above, and then insert and clamp a line in between.
I definitely recommend this kit.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Explain what you had to do to re-route the hose. Judy a simple extension?
Thanks for what's probably a dumb question.
I noticed you have Pilot Super Sports too. Yeah they spin .. I have to figure out how to get better traction now. I already did the lca's but I do not want to lower it or get a hard ride either.

mackdog2008

Established Member
2) The supplied sleeve connecting the throttle body to JLT CAI tube. The rubber sleeve needs to be about double the width of what was included in the kit.

Mine was the same way, I had to order a 3" coupler to make it work correctly.

AjPiT

Established Member
Zona14Stang where did you order your intake coupler from? I installed this kit over the weekend and need one also.

mackdog2008

Established Member

Zona14Stang

Established Member
new gauges
4jiv5H5.jpg

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Found E85 in Tempe 1 mile from my work...

AHHH the insanity continues!!!! Any negatives to going to E85 ? I will definitely notice more pull and can smoke my 285's :rockon: :D ???
Might pull the trigger in the next couple of days!!

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
You can also call up JLT and order one for 18 dollars shipped.

I would recommend you call and tell them you have a fitment issue and they might take notice and fix the problem for future customers.

They told me when I ordered mine that they haven't heard of any issues.
They might change it but they will never admit it is a problem.

mackdog2008

Established Member
AHHH the insanity continues!!!! Any negatives to going to E85 ? I will definitely notice more pull and can smoke my 285's :rockon: :D ???
Might pull the trigger in the next couple of days!!
I have been running E85 since October last year and I will not go back, runs smoother, makes a LOT more power and is way more fun!

evil281

Established Member
Kit is on the way with pictures coming

Nice, I am very interested in checking this out, I think I may just order my vmp kit with the id1000 right off the bat so I can the upgrade easier. I just wish they had a station closer to Gilbert, it's nice you work close to the station, for me I'd basically burn 2-3 gallons just for the trip to the station and back home.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Nice, I am very interested in checking this out, I think I may just order my vmp kit with the id1000 right off the bat so I can the upgrade easier. I just wish they had a station closer to Gilbert, it's nice you work close to the station, for me I'd basically burn 2-3 gallons just for the trip to the station and back home.

I really should have done the stage 3 to start with. I have heard mileage is anywhere from 12- 19 mpg with E85. I am guessing it depends how heavy the foot is as well.

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
I just wish they had a station closer to Gilbert, it's nice you work close to the station, for me I'd basically burn 2-3 gallons just for the trip to the station and back home.
Shoot just stock up. Bring a couple 5g cans with you and fill 'em up. Makes the trip a bit more efficient anyway. If it were me I'd fill up 4 5g cans and baby that bad boy on the way home.

You guys are lucky to have access to this stuff. Some of us are totally screwed. All we can get is super expensive race fuel or 91 pump.

Users who are viewing this thread