My TT build thread

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I do know what alot of turbo cars have to add restrictors in their lines as well as add a pump to help the oil flow..does this have something to do with the positioning?
Ya, with the turbos so low and the high oil psi that mod motors make, especially with aftermarket pumps, both the restrictors and the return pumps are needed. I know the Hellion cars we've done, if you don't put the restrictors in, they smoke after you are into boost with them on decel.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
this is awesome, i just ordered the same hellion kit! i cant wait to see how that procharger upper works compared to the sully/na cobra mach! the belt and brackets for the alt... are they all stock hardware??

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
this is awesome, i just ordered the same hellion kit! i cant wait to see how that procharger upper works compared to the sully/na cobra mach! the belt and brackets for the alt... are they all stock hardware??

Yes, everything is stock, with a Metco lower set up. I had to get a RR adapter for the innovators west balancer and the Metco lower pulley to work together though. Other than that, the alt drive, pulley set up works great. Really keeps the top of the engine bay clean too!

Eatonualive281

Established Member
do you need the metco lower(what lb? 4?) or can i just use my stock lower? i also noticed that one of your idlers is ribbed where did u get that? and even if i decided to put the alt. up high (n/a cobra style) is it absolutley necessary to change the coolant crossover? i know that there are a few different ways of setting this up but i cant seem to get a straight answer from anybody. op, shoot me a pm if you can, your build is very inspiring to say the least!

TRBO VNM

do you need the metco lower(what lb? 4?) or can i just use my stock lower? i also noticed that one of your idlers is ribbed where did u get that? and even if i decided to put the alt. up high (n/a cobra style) is it absolutley necessary to change the coolant crossover? i know that there are a few different ways of setting this up but i cant seem to get a straight answer from anybody. op, shoot me a pm if you can, your build is very inspiring to say the least!

if you put the alt. up top, you do need a different crossover tube. the terminator one is bent or sits lower because it goes under the eaton snout. the na cobra's or mach 1 sit higher to clear the alt. pulley.

TRBO VNM

I assume stock alt. brackets and everything. so he is still running 2 belts and the outer one that was the sc belt is running the crank and alt. I would have to see pics to see how it is setup with a tensioner, but I am sure he will post back.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member

You can use the stock lower pulley, I just had to because of my aftermarket balancer. The ribbed idler was just laying around the shop. I think it came from RR also.

Users who are viewing this thread