My TT build thread

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Great build/write up so far. Good luck the rest of the way
Thanks
Shane I had tires ship like that a long time ago. They were Hoosiers from Summit. I was a bit disappointed but the tires have been on the '70 for a while now and work well.

Ya, i cut them apart today, it was bugging me to see them all deformed like that! haha

Kinda stuck waiting for the clutch to arrive before I can do anything else.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Got some more progress this week, and today. While waiting on the clutch to get there, we decided to swap out my stock struts with some new Strange 10 way adjustables to help hook this thing.
DSC04310.jpg

Also took the bumper cover, bumper, heat exchanger, intercooler pump and accesories off, to make room for the turbos and intercooler.
DSC04311.jpg

The new Mcleoud RXT twin disk arrived. Rated to 1000 hp, witha light pedal. I hope.
DSC04308.jpg

Got the new friction surface in place on my Fidanza flywheel, then bolted the flywheel up.
DSC04309.jpg

Then mounted the Adapter ring and floater plate with the first clutch disk between it and the flywheel.
DSC04314.jpg

Then the second disk gets lined up.
DSC04316.jpg

Then the pressure plate is bolted on.
DSC04317.jpg

Getting the fresh from Liberty Gear Viper spec ready to go in.
DSC04318.jpg

After some coersion from four of us, Thanks Eddie, Paul, and Mauro, the tranny finally cooperated and slipped into place.
DSC04319.jpg

Also got the first box from Hellion in on Friday, unfortunately it was just wastegates, and turbo heat shields. Better than nothing I guess! Hopefully most of the rest of the kit will be here by the end of the week.
DSC04320.jpg

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
The rest of the turbo kit and my plenum arrive last week. Hopefully We can start putting the kit on Monday night after work.

This is the first set of turbos we have seen that have Hellion engraved on them instead of Turbonetics. Looks pretty sweet!

DSC04322.jpg

Cold side

DSC04323.jpg

Hot side.

DSC04325.jpg

I'm getting excited!

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Got to work on it for a few hours last night. Started putting the turbo kit on. Hung the intercooler, then the turbos.
0305092207.jpg

Here they are after I put the Grill and headlights back in.

0305092213a.jpg

I should be able to work on it all day Sunday, so hopefully I will make some good progress. I'll take my real camera so I can get some better pics also.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Got the intake, injectors and rails on tonight. Along with some other misc. crap that seems to take way too much time. Had to clearence the bottom of the plenum to clear the Sullivan rails. For some reason I refuse to remember my camera, so here are a couple shitty pics of how the intake looks on the motor.

0309092017.jpg

The power steering reservoir bracket, TB gasket, and a couple fuel fittings should be here Thursday, so i will put that stuff on then. Tomorrow night We should get more time on the turbo kit.

0309092018.jpg

TRBO VNM

do you have the feed and downpipes mounted? if not, I would recommend removing the headlights and grill again. you may need to adjust the turbo's once the feed and downpipes are mounted. plus, I would test fit the bumper. the turbo's may contact the fog lights, so you may need adjustment on the turbo's for that, along with the turbo inlets and filters.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
do you have the feed and downpipes mounted? if not, I would recommend removing the headlights and grill again. you may need to adjust the turbo's once the feed and downpipes are mounted. plus, I would test fit the bumper. the turbo's may contact the fog lights, so you may need adjustment on the turbo's for that, along with the turbo inlets and filters.

Thanks. It's just sitting in there, didn't bolt it back in yet, just keeping it off the floor during the day. I'll be continuing with the kit installation Thursday night. I know John told us to keep everything loose until it's all on, then tighten it up from the turbos back. I'm hoping my Viper spec wont cause too much adjustment on the down pipes to the X pipe. b

TRBO VNM

forgot to mention, I really like the new housings. I know hellion was waiting on them for a while.

isn't the viper spec tranny the same size? last one I removed seemed to be about the same. pretty cool that they have the Viper logo on it. strange that it was in a 97 saleen though. lol

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
forgot to mention, I really like the new housings. I know hellion was waiting on them for a while.

isn't the viper spec tranny the same size? last one I removed seemed to be about the same. pretty cool that they have the Viper logo on it. strange that it was in a 97 saleen though. lol

I know. I feel special since I havent seen any one else wth those housings.haha

I thought they were the same, but my cross member has two, 2 inch thick aluminum blocks lowering the transmission, so it must be a little different. you can see them here between the cross member and the body.
DSC04319.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

yup, sorry man, i know one other guy that has it. lol

BTW, I am having a spacer made for my driveshaft since putting the solid axle in, the yolk doesn't go into the tailshaft as far as it used too. I am hoping he is able to make a few more for me. I found longer bolts, same grade as the stock bolts. so the spacer will bolt to the pinion flange and then the driveshaft will bolt to the pinion flange as well, but through the spacer. I have plenty of bolts for 5 extra spacers. i just hope he can get them done for me.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
subscribing! Ok sorry if this is a noob question but if you have twins you can keep x or h pipe but if you do single you have to get a y?

Users who are viewing this thread