My trip to the Marlboro ranch

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Pretty awesome looking trip! Thumbs on the fiance in the Stetson too!

Thanks!:beer:

i had a friend win this in college, but he opted for the cash value...couple thousand bucks.
did anyone win the trip and go that isn't a smoker?

Yea, there were a few people that brought guests that don't smoke.

There is no "match" to be had, implying either side can be correct.
You will die, and I will look at your grave knowing I was correct.

Thank you, captain obvious. In case no one has told you, you will die too. Odds are you are older than me and will die sooner, most likely from obesity or some form of CANCER. So I'll enjoy my throat/lung cancer and you enjoy your prostate/colon cancer because let's face it, there is nothing that doesn't give you cancer now. I know perfectly well what I'm doing so please take your pessimistic, condescending attitude out of here.

mike.b

Established Member
Well i dont smoke but im gonna sign up for some coupons now lol

Guess ill have to smoke if i get the trip...

95PGTTech

Established Member
Thank you, captain obvious. In case no one has told you, you will die too. Odds are you are older than me and will die sooner, most likely from obesity or some form of CANCER. So I'll enjoy my throat/lung cancer and you enjoy your prostate/colon cancer because let's face it, there is nothing that doesn't give you cancer now. I know perfectly well what I'm doing so please take your pessimistic, condescending attitude out of here.

Absolutely possible. However, your argument is fatally flawed - you are just as likely to die from obesity or colon cancer as I am, that's not the issue at large.

ACTUALLY, because you smoke, you are even more likely to die of colon cancer - 30% to 50% more likely if you don't quit by age 40. Even if you quit, you are 50% more likely to be obese than someone who never smoked because you've been using an appetite suppressant as a crutch your entire life.

The bottom line is, in the United States, as a male, your life expectancy is 14 years on average shorter based on that factor ALONE. Not to mention about how 3 decades of your life is going to be spent in chronic illness and sickness while I am doing something useful with that time.

I can go on and on and on with statistics of the billions of things cigarettes harm you - physically, mentally, socially, economically, and psychologically. Can you provide me a single good reason to do it? A trip to Montana? A coping mechanism for your underlying psychological issues?

sources:
Long-Term Smoking Increases Colorectal Cancer Risk, Study Shows
Smoking and Life Expectancy — Infoplease.com
Can smoking cause obesity

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I hope you realize you're going to die to, whether you smoke or not....

Anyhow, OP that is pretty cool and Montana looks like a nice place to visit.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/5WzKDdj0CxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Absolutely possible. However, your argument is fatally flawed - you are just as likely to die from obesity or colon cancer as I am, that's not the issue at large.

ACTUALLY, because you smoke, you are even more likely to die of colon cancer - 30% to 50% more likely if you don't quit by age 40. Even if you quit, you are 50% more likely to be obese than someone who never smoked because you've been using an appetite suppressant as a crutch your entire life.

The bottom line is, in the United States, as a male, your life expectancy is 14 years on average shorter based on that factor ALONE. Not to mention about how 3 decades of your life is going to be spent in chronic illness and sickness while I am doing something useful with that time.

I can go on and on and on with statistics of the billions of things cigarettes harm you - physically, mentally, socially, economically, and psychologically. Can you provide me a single good reason to do it? A trip to Montana? A coping mechanism for your underlying psychological issues?

sources:
Smoking and Life Expectancy &mdash; Infoplease.com

Congratulations, you can google statistics. What don't you get about I already know this can be dangerous? If I were concerned about every little thing that can harm me I wouldn't have joined the Marine Corps infantry or taken a job walking 6" beams 150 feet in the air or become a helicopter pilot or drive a 500+ hp car.

You need a reason? How about I like to smoke, that's the only reason I need. I'm not here to explain anything to you. I'm not trying to endorse smoking with this post, I was just sharing pictures from a trip I went on. So you can stop trying to convince me to stop smoking, it's not going to work and frankly it's none of your business how I live my life.

APU5.gif

gunmetalcobra

Established Member

sources:
i think you missed the point of the PICS AND VIDEO BUFFET, btw bad ass trip! i don't smoke but if i was going to get a trip like that on someone else's dime i think i'd smoke a few cartons lol

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member

sources:

STFU....Acknowledge, move on.

Fuerza

Established Member
Looks like a cool trip, I should sign up for random coupons and shit for stuff I don't do or use. Never know, could get lucky!

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Thanks guys, it was definitely a great time. It wasnt too cold, I think it only got down into the 20's. Another couple we talked to was there last winter and said it was -20.

Even if you dont smoke, sign up and give the coupons they send you to people that do smoke. They give out free stuff all the time. They have already sent me a phone skin that I got to design on their website and a couple flashlights. They have another prize giveaway that just ended for a 2012 Mustang or 2012 Jeep Wrangler.

And for anybody that dips they do the same thing for the snus.

white_gt500

Established Member
One of my buddies from Del Rio went out to the ranch also this past October also, they got to do some of the horseback riding and so on, he took his dad with him, they had some amazing pictures too.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
One of my buddies from Del Rio went out to the ranch also this past October also, they got to do some of the horseback riding and so on, he took his dad with him, they had some amazing pictures too.

I would love to go back in the summer time and do those other activities. They say your chances of getting invited back are pretty good. One couple we were hanging out with was on their third trip back.

Users who are viewing this thread