My trip to the Marlboro ranch

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Thought I would share some pictures from my trip to the Marlboro ranch in Montana last month. I got an email last November asking if I would accept a free trip to their ranch in January, so of course I accept. They sent us both luggage for the trip and a gift card to pay for checked baggage plus a $750 check to pay for the traveling expenses and taxes. They flew me from Denver and my fiancee from New Orleans into Bozeman and took us on a bus to the ranch. It's an actual working ranch with over 500 head of cattle and 50 horses. When we got to our room they had gifts laid out on the bed for us.

We both got Stetson cowboy hats, two really nice jackets, Columbia insulated gloves and boots, long johns, beanie, neck gator, book sack, socks, sunglasses and a few other small things. I got a Panasonic Lumix 14MP digital camera.

We got there on a Thursday afternoon and left Sunday morning so Fri. and Sat. we signed up for the activities they offered. Friday we did dog sledding, archery adventure and snowmobile trail ride. Saturday we took a guided tour of Yellowstone. They had ziplining and an on ranch tour that we didn't have time for. They normally have tube sledding also but they were short on snow so they cancelled that.

We had a great time, met some nice people and did some cool things that we otherwise probably would never have done. On to the pictures.

b13ccc78.jpg

ccc98c17.jpg

76e88439.jpg

178e7575.jpg

0022cc6b.jpg

5c5d7865.jpg

001.jpg

They actually use Alaskan Huskies for the sled dogs. They are a lot smaller than what you think of as a sled dog, about 45 pounds. One of these dogs pulled a 750lb sled a competition so they are all muscle though.

007-1.jpg

003.jpg

008-1.jpg

Last edited:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
The ranch is set up like an old west town and a lot of the buildings are actually from the 1800's and early 1900's that they had moved in from ghost towns.

c0635a0a.jpg

ccee5292.jpg

ed19f5c7.jpg

a80fc6f2.jpg

9b18cfc1.jpg

10b22336.jpg

4f906fa4.jpg

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Looks like fun.

Why did they fly you out and hook you up so well though?

Customer appreciation I guess. I'm just signed up on their website to get coupons and stuff. They do a couple of these trips in the winter and summer. There were about 90 people there with us.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Should be a nice memory to look back on when your dying from cancer. -Debbie Downer

Looks like fun man, I didn't know they did that, I have some friends that need to sign up.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Not really. My best guess is that they can track how many of the coupons I use that they send me. :shrug: They do this same thing for a couple hundred people a year.

In the summer time they do white water rafting, horseback riding, cattle drives, ziplining and I believe 4-wheeler rides.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i had a friend win this in college, but he opted for the cash value...couple thousand bucks.
did anyone win the trip and go that isn't a smoker?

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
There is no "match" to be had, implying either side can be correct.
You will die, and I will look at your grave knowing I was correct.

I hope you realize you're going to die to, whether you smoke or not....

Anyhow, OP that is pretty cool and Montana looks like a nice place to visit.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Looks like a good time, minus the smoking part. The dogs do look pretty small, that must have been fun being on that sled and getting pulled around by them. Seems like that was a lot of money out of their pocket to get you setup like that.

Last edited:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
Seems like that was a lot of money out of their pocket to get you setup like that.

for a big company like marlboro its a drop in the bucket. Especially since they are getting a lot of good press in their customer base. if you smoked and your company did that for its customers or you...you'd probably stay with them.

Users who are viewing this thread