My SRT 392 Challenger vs My Terminator Round 1

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Round 1

I thought I would share this with all of you. I was coming back from Petty's Garage Spring Fling on Saturday and when I got about 50 miles from the house my 65 Mustang started stalling on my Nephew. Come to find out its a coil issue. Old cars! Dang it! At the time I was towing the Cobra and my Brother was driving the Challenger home. I decided to unload the Cobra and let my brother drive it and let my Nephew drive the Challenger.
As we were on 264 on the way home outside of Raleigh going toward Wilson my Nephew and Brother started playing around in the Cobra and Challenger. I got behind them at about 40 mph to get them started with three horn blows. The Cobra left it so fast I thought there might be a problem with the Challenger! (By the way both are great drivers and know how to pedal a car) There was no problem at all! T:whine:he Cobra is just that much faster. Then I got them on the phone and had them do a 50 mph roll and the Cobra once again jumped out and never looked back. Blew my mind! Then for the last one I had them start at 20 mph and you guessed it the Cobra put a hurting on the Challenger. it wasn't even a race! I couldn't believe how much faster the Cobra is than the Challenger. Don't get me wrong, the 392 Hemi is no slouch but right now it needs a supercharger and some other goodies to be in the same league as the Cobra. the Cobra has a lot done to it but I had no idea!

Round 1 goes to the Cobra.

Round 2 should happen in a couple of months after I get the Challenger back from Petty's Garage with a full list of upgrades including a supercharger. Stay tuned.....Will the Husky Challenger become the Champion or will the King of Cobra's stay wrapped around its throne? Only mods will tell.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice kills! within the past few months i had two separate run-ins with them (posted it in road kill), and even with my upper-only pullied terminator i was able to beat them.

so with your kenne bell they'd have no chance!! unless modded up pretty well

Brutal Metal

Established Member
We had a brand new 392 Challenger on the Dyno last week, bone stock it put down 420 RW, then the owner had Rob load the canned tune from his Diablosport and it made 12 more for 432 NOT BAD N/A!

b_dike

Established Member
How did this blow your mind, lol... you have a 600+ kb cobra vs a stock 392 challenger. Of coarse the cobra walked away. My pullied cobra would probably walk your challenger too. Albeit not the same way your cobra did.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Had some fun with my buddy and his 2001 Viper GTS the other night. (Which I've personally had at 12.4 in the 1/4.) I've had my car a 12.09 in the 1/4 and they kicked me off because convertible. :\ But I walk his car like nothing so I KNOW my car has way better times in it, shame I'll never see them. LOL

Needless to say is these cars surprise me over and over again.

Last edited:

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I guess I really wasn't that surprised but I really didn't think it would walk it that bad. I guess since I really don't hammer the heck out of my car and go on the prowl looking for races, I guess I really forgot just how bad the Cobra really is.

SVTRAT

Banned
How did this blow your mind, lol... you have a 600+ kb cobra vs a stock 392 challenger. Of coarse the cobra walked away. My pullied cobra would probably walk your challenger too. Albeit not the same way your cobra did.

Hence street racing :nonono::lol::nonono::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
dodge challengers r the heaviest pony car made, 2nd the camaro, perty sure the challenger is right around 4k lbs if not more.... not a surprise lol

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Just looked up the specs

Curb Weight, lb.

4,160 (automatic)
4,170 (manual

why the auto is lighter is surprising, but thats a heavy car!!! almost 600lbs difference between a terminator and a challenger lol! id say a 300hp gt mustang would walk it

not downing the challenger, its an awesome looking car, and a nice motor, but there just heavy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You know what? Kudos to you for allowing your brother to drive your Cobra and your nephew to drive your Challenger......in a race, yet.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
thanks

You know what? Kudos to you for allowing your brother to drive your Cobra and your nephew to drive your Challenger......in a race, yet.

Thanks Bob, i had a big grin on my face when I was cruising down the road and looked in my rear view mirror and saw them both lined up beside each other ready to get it on. i should have taken a picture of it.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
dodge challengers r the heaviest pony car made, 2nd the camaro, perty sure the challenger is right around 4k lbs if not more.... not a surprise lol
. M

Not sure I would consider the Challenger a pony car. It just doesn't feel and look like a pony car. These cars are more like modern day 80's Monte Carlo's. Whatever the car is I will say that the fit and finish is really nice. I believe Dodge nailed it on this one. It's going to be very interesting to see what is in store for the horsepower wars in the near future with all the gas mileage restrictions on the way.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Now since I sold my Cobra I guess I will never know what the Challenger has to pay back the Cobra. I have the challenger going through full upgrades with a Kenne Bell that will be packing close to 700 hp. I wonder how that race would go after I get the Chally back from Richard Petty's Garage in a month?

Users who are viewing this thread