My Sister died......

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Oh I did let it go. I have led an incredibly blessed life since 2017. Really havent thought much about it until I got the call last week. The viewing and funeral is today, myself and my other sister who is amazing and my business partner aren't going. We dont know anyone who is going. I honestly think it will just be her 2 kids that are there.

The best thing we ever did was to let it go and stop all of the legal proceedings. We did call the sheriffs office when we found out she was getting more credit cards and utilities in my dads name after he died. They did not do anything and said, well its not really hurting anyone....she was questions about it, but plays the "little ol lady who had no clue card very well."

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
I pray healing begins for everyone who has gone through this kind of family dysfunction.

I'm the only child and I look forward to taking care of my parents in their old age, as they did for their parents. It's an honor.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry your family went through all that, OP. Good news is, it's over.

Crazy to think someone could drink and snort their way through $1m in a short period of time... insane, actually.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Sorry your family went through all that, OP. Good news is, it's over.

Crazy to think someone could drink and snort their way through $1m in a short period of time... insane, actually.

When I did it. It's not the drugs or drinking I did that were expensive. It's what I did WHILE doing that.

People with money do stupid shit while on drugs. Especially those with addictive personalities.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Just like a ton of families, show their true colors when money is involved. Seen it happen many times on different people and relatives from both side of the family.

It can get really ugly

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I pray healing begins for everyone who has gone through this kind of family dysfunction.

I'm the only child and I look forward to taking care of my parents in their old age, as they did for their parents. It's an honor.
I'm doing that for my dad now. Thankfully my mom is still very health. I'm glad that I can do it and not put him in a nursing home. I don't know if I could say I look forward to it, it's very difficult.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just like a ton of families, show their true colors when money is involved. Seen it happen many times on different people and relatives from both side of the family.

It can get really ugly

Yup, while I wasn't around for it the initial dispute over the family farm, my father-in-law didn't go to his own mother's funeral and he hasn't talked to his brothers in well over 10 years and only talk to his sister when their mother died.

My grandma is 92 and while she has years left, I can see things getting a bit messy when she goes.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Money makes people get ugly, real fast. My uncle did the same thing to my grandmother. Takes a special kind of person to take advantage of others to that level, especially the sick and ailing.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's funny how people's true colors really shine when money gets involved. It may be the root of all evil but at least it will show someone's true character. I went through some BS after my parents died with my half brothers, nothing nearly to your extent, but I wasn't surprised as I already knew they were douchebags. Sorry you had to go through all that, and your dad too.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a few family members like that. Good riddance to them all IMO.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a few family members like that. Good riddance to them all IMO.
Unfortunately I do too, Grandpa and now a few cousins. Its hard to convince someone outside of the situation of the evil and greed unless they witness it for themselves.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Good riddance, bitch. I have a **** stepsister that is on par with your sister. Hopefully she dies after a long and painful bout with asshole cancer.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It gets ugly. Wills are very important. My sister had to ask my wife if she could come see me when I was in ICU last October on my almost dead deal. My wife asked me, I approved, but not her husband. I probably would've got out of that bed and choked him had he showed. No I wouldn't, I couldn't breath. lol He knows not to be anywhere near us though. Not sure what I'd do if I even saw him out somewhere. I'd want to walk over and drill him, wife wouldn't let me I'm sure.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sadly we can't pick our family. I joined the Military at a young age not because I wanted to but because I needed to get the hell away from my family. And they are all right where I left them 30 years ago if not worse off.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
My Aunt called this afternoon. She went to the funeral. She said it was sad because no one came. Her daughter and son were there, that's my niece and nephew, and my aunt. That's it. That's what this world thought of her. To me, that says a lot of your character, your legacy. That's very very sad.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It gets ugly. Wills are very important. My sister had to ask my wife if she could come see me when I was in ICU last October on my almost dead deal. My wife asked me, I approved, but not her husband. I probably would've got out of that bed and choked him had he showed. No I wouldn't, I couldn't breath. lol He knows not to be anywhere near us though. Not sure what I'd do if I even saw him out somewhere. I'd want to walk over and drill him, wife wouldn't let me I'm sure.

They are. We're fortunate to have an excellent elder care attorney near us. She puts on local seminars/classes.

A lot of estate stuff you do is free too. You just need to know what that is in your state, that's where going to seminars/classes pays off.

She's also made a lot of money of our family in the past 4 years, but it's proven to be worth every single penny.

Users who are viewing this thread