My new engine is done.. Billet 5.5 DOHC TT INSIDE!

frequency101

Established Member
ON further thought, I'm going to do as you asked and step aside. It's not my call to determine whether or not the issues I had with the car that prevented me from buying it would be enough to detour another member from doing so. Again, best wishes

:bored:

Sorry, but its funny when you come on here saying:

Did you get all the issues fixed since I drove down to see the car?

And don't expect some short of negative reaction.

Owner of the vehicle for sale went as far to get the compression check performed on the vehicle. Compression checks fine.

You start to say there's more to the story, but wont specify.

Easy to see you're aggravated you wasted your own damn time, and juicehead is a compliment compared to what I would have said about you by now.

At this point, don't feed the damn troll. (blown vert)

Blown02, tell this guy to piss off, and good luck with your sale. Some one will buy and and be amazed by the car I'm sure. Be damn happy you didn't sell it to this loser, because all you would get is annoying phone calls accusing you of something you didn't disclose.

Biggest reason I don't build engines anymore. No matter how correct you are, the customer is convinced what his "master tech" says is correct. Some people need a reality check.

HouseOfPower

lol I was going to refrain from further posting but that just made me laugh too hard. First of all who are you? Secondly why are you white knighting for him so hard? He's a big boy....he can defend himself. You don't need to take him under your wing and console him. Have you ever seen the car in person? Something tells me not. Why I'm being portrayed as a villain for simply asking whether the car was back to the "magazine quality" that it's been described to be is beyond me. Anybody that has had a car with the caliber of parts that this one has (I'll be the first to admit it's got some very nice parts on it, so props for spending the money to get the good stuff instead of cutting corners) knows that they don't tend to be completely issue free. Just because it's got a few concerns shouldn't be enough to discourage any buyer with a remote knowledge base from having interest. So what, it's not perfect.....I've never seen one that was. So you go over it with a fine tooth comb, correct the issues and move on. No big deal. Again though the fact that I'm some terrible guy for asking if the issues that ONLY HIM AND I KNOW were spoken about had been corrected is the extreme definition of laughable. You guys take this internet stuff to a level which I hardly have seen before. Calling names, taking shots when you know nothing about me or my character? C'mon man, grow up. If he wanted to handle it properly he would have stated what concerns I had when I was there that prevented me from buying the car and then addressed whether or not they had been handled and perhaps what caused them. That would have been the end of it and nobody would have had any hard feelings. The defensive tough guy act only makes you appear weaker still. Oddly enough if he had told me that everything was buttoned up I would have been glad to endorse the car to another buyer and chalked up my experiance to crap happening (which, let's face it, sometimes crap happens). However, instead both of you decided to take a much more senseless route and go on the defensive. Look, I'll gladly apologize if I hurt any feelings. That was never my intention, nor was it to blackball him from making a sale. Only after being slandered did I begin to put my guard up. Anyone who actually knows me well knows that I have a high level of integrity. I don't like pissing matches over the internet as I've yet to see them accomplish a thing. I tried to take the high road by apologizing if my statements had been construde as harmful and by wishing him well but apparently I'm still just a troll. I guess if that's how you view me, then I'll go ahead and own it lol Again, all the best to you and your families in the new year

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
Wow, maybe back off on the juice dude? :shrug:

The car is EXACTLY as described.. I took every picture possible and was completely upfront. When you and your PORSCHE mechanic buddy were worried about the vent smoking after reving the car for a while I told you I would drop the price to 23 just because I need to sell it.

I dont know what you are talking about to be honest dude.. You didnt tell me anything else..

But thanks for trying to make me look bad on the "open forums." Its not my fault you drove all the way from SC or wherever you came from. I was nothing but nice to you guys and apologized for the smoking since I had never seen that and thought something was wrong with the car after your buddy said the motor must be bad.. I even offered to drop the price drastically.. And had a compression test done the following week and everything came back perfect!

Is this what the whole argument is about? blownvert bitching about smoke coming out of the valve cover filters!?

If so, no one should be worried. These engines have very high crank case pressure causing smoke coming out of the vents. There is nothing that can be done to stop it, except putting a remote catch can with open filter on top somewhere hidden.

Putting the PCV system back can cause damage to the engine, so it's 100% correct to run a open filter on each valve cover.

Janstang

Established Member
Is this what the whole argument is about? blownvert bitching about smoke coming out of the valve cover filters!?

If so, no one should be worried. These engines have very high crank case pressure causing smoke coming out of the vents. There is nothing that can be done to stop it, except putting a remote catch can with open filter on top somewhere hidden.

Putting the PCV system back can cause damage to the engine, so it's 100% correct to run a open filter on each valve cover.
Agreed.. Mine have all done this with no issues. For the price he's asking for this car I'd still take it with whatever "little" issues it may have. To the OP GLWS and I'll spread the word up here to anyone that might be in the market for a high hp Mustang.:beer:

jrandy

Established Member
With all that said, I'm out of this thread

lol I was going to refrain from further posting but that just made me laugh too hard.

Again, I'll leave the thread and wish the very best to both seller and future buyer

As I said I'm going to refrain from cluttering your thread further unless as it appears above you're asking me to post what the descrepencies were with the car.

ON further thought, I'm going to do as you asked and step aside. It's not my call to determine whether or not the issues I had with the car that prevented me from buying it would be enough to detour another member from doing so. Again, best wishes

Ok, we get the point. You made your point about the OP's car. You still have not provided any of the "laundry list" of items that is wrong with his car.

It has already been said a few times in the thread that a little smoke coming from the valve cover filter is normal.

Continually posting, "I'm out" and then coming back and back... :bash:

HouseOfPower

No it's NOT JUST smoke coming from the breather. I've already stated that I'm not going to list everything I noticed in the thread but you guys won't let sleeping bears lie. I'm leaving it to the buyer to form his or her own judgement... Period

Blown02

Established Member
Gees, that guy is right. I am so glad I didnt sell it to you. You are the biggest ass. GTFO of here. There hasnt been one positive remark towards your comments.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I still can't believe blown vert expected to receive gas money from the seller.
That alone explains that there is something wrong with you man, why would you expect the seller to offer you gas money when YOU decided to make the trip?!

All you are doing is making it harder for the OP to sell his car when there are non-exististing issues with it. I think you're just mad because you came down to look at it, didn't buy it, and now you are going to potentially watch someone else buy something you could have had. You would not have driven down all that way to go look at it with a trailer and cash if you weren't interested in buying it.

Blown02

Established Member
the car is exactly as described. im not bsing or trying to get over on anyone. I have posted so many pics.. Im not hiding anything! wtf!

go look at my trader rating here and ebay.. it speaks for itself! i have nothing but positive reviews.

This is an excellent price for such an amazing car imo.

I am trying to get the local mechanic that did the compression check to come on here and give his input.

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I really think this guy is just pissed bc he wated his time and money coming down here and thought the engine was bad, but it wasnt.

I will never go below $20k. Ill keep it before then. I really love this car but with my new career I just dont have the time for it. It is an awesome deal.. turns heads everywhere you go.. such a unique stang.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
i can see someone wanting gas money if something wasen't as promised

So if you travel an hour roundtrip to walmart or best buy and you buy a big screen LED TV for $2k and that sucker was missing the remote and all the cables, you mean to tell me you would go back to walmart and ask your those items, if not your money back, and gas money?? :bored:

promise nothing....there was nothing wrong with the car. :rollseyes

HouseOfPower

Listen guys. I'm going to explain my rationale in the least controversial way I know how. This was never intended to be a flame war but some people with no knowledge of the situation chimed in without any warrant. I talked to the seller on multiple occasions and asked if there was anything at all that needed to be mentioned so there were no surprises when I arrived. I asked every conceivable question I could think of to cover my bases to prevent a wasted 14 hour one way trip. When I arrived the car was in the garage space it had been sitting in for a while. It wasn't clean at all. Covered in dust and dirt as though it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The engine bay was filthy. The wiring both in the bay and the interior was a mess. The window tint needed completely redone (seller did mention this to me), and correct me if I'm wrong but it needed a new windshield. I was willing to overlook that because the amount of high end parts the car had. Me personally though, if I know someone is traveling to come see a car I have for sale, whether 8 miles or 800, I take the time to clean the car and present it as professionally as possible. First impressions tell a lot and a car that has that much invested that's that dirty tells me a lot about how it's been kept. Again to each his own there. When he started the car it didn't take but a minute for the car to begin smoking from the breather. Make no mistake it wasn't just a little smoke... It was substantial. There was moist oil around the top of the breather neck that I was able to wipe with my finger. Now, if that wouldn't cause you to be concerned about blow by than you probably have no business looking at a car that built. The guy I brought with me works daily on Porsche cup cars, has built multiple Ford GT's etc, and we both shared the same concern. The seller stated he had never noticed that before. That threw a red flag for me because it was impossible to overlook. Not wanting to jump the gun I called my engine builder and texted him some pics and a short vid I took with my phone along with a list of what was done to the car. He expressed the same concern about possible blow by and that perhaps the rings never seated in the new motor. Admittedly the seller didn't know anything at all about the cars mechanics, just stating that Tim Barth did all the work and that he would contact him about it. My friend went for a ride with the seller as i talked to my engine builder and when he returned he told me the car was running rough and it had died at a red light, displayed hesitated throttle response and clearly needed more tuning. So being in a position to make a decision I didn't want to risk the POSSIBILITY that I might be having to pull the motor apart and shell out more money for the car so I decided to pass. It might have been another story if he had leakdown or compression tests on hand to ease my concerns but he did not. That's the only reason I say I thought the right thing for him to do knowing I traveled all that way to discover something that was never disclosed was to offer something like a tank of gas. Not because I felt he had to, just because that's what I would do if the roles were reversed. When looking around the car I couldn't help but to notice that the body kit fit terribly and the paint needed a good bit of work to obtain the "magazine" label it had been given by the seller. There were sizeable gaps between the body and the saleen kit as well as the headlights and bumper/fender among other things. Now, I'll be the first to admit that everyone's opinion of what constitutes a magazine car is different so I wasn't going to break his balls on that. Before arriving we agreed on a price of $23k for the car. Shortly after I left he texted me saying he would take $20k. If in fact you had a car that you stood behind completely why on earth would you immediately knock $3G off the price when you were admittedly already losing thousands of dollars? With all that being said is the car worth $20k? Perhaps to some it certainly is, hell maybe even more based on the parts used alone. However, to me the car felt misrepresented. I'm fully entitled to my point of view just as much as the next guy. Lastly, if I were the seller and somebody with direct knowledge of the car asked me if the issues had been addressed, the last thing I would do is blast him personally. I would rather get everything out in the open for the sake of full disclosure and make damn sure that whoever ends up with the car is thoroughly pleased. I feel that's the problem with the vast majority of people selling cars. They either try to cover flaws just long enough to get the cash (not suggesting the seller is doing that here) or leaves out information that would be deemed important for someone attempting to make an informed decision. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money on a car thinking it's completely buttoned up only to realize there are major expenses in the near future. I personally don't care if you guys want to make me out to be the bad guy. I've only stated facts this entire time. If that makes me a villain on this site, then a villain is what I'll be.

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
Alright.. Ive kept my cool for long enough..

Now youre just trying to cover up your arrogant remarks with lies and its really starting to aggravate me.

Wiring in the engine bay and the interior was a mess? Are you serious? there isnt ONE exposed wire in the interior, and the engine bay is nicely done! I actually had them try to hide as many wires as possible.. Pictures dont lie dude.. Look at the pictures.. I have posted interior and exterior pics!! I sent detailed pics of the paint..

I have had the car 3 or so months now and yes i havent been able to give it the time I would like to.. I am EXTREMELY busy now and no I didnt have time to wash the exterior's dust off..

It wasnt smoking substantially.. yet another lie.. And believe it or not I didnt know it smoked out the vent. I REALLY dont care what you think bc you just like to create edrama, I didnt ever see it smoking.. I drove it a couple hundred miles and never saw it smoking, but then again I didnt sit there for 20minutes constantly reving it trying to get something to f up.. But whatever, its supposed to do that! Tell your expert tuner that..

And ya, the car died while making a turn because the battery was low and the powersteering was taking juice.. I since got a new battery and it hasnt died since..

Clearly needed more tuning? Are you serious? Call tim barth and see what he has to says about your ignorant comments.. Hesitation? LOL. umm ok. i told you it wasnt a redlight to redlight car bc of the big turbos, but when i hit the gas it goes, theres no doubt about it that the car is strong n/a, and your buddy even told you it was fast but he didnt think it was streetable bc it died while turning(low battery). The car drives and idles perfectly!! Even with the high imp. injectors!! Tim is prob the best tuner for modular motors imo.

Everyone knows the saleen kits dont fit great, everyone knows that.. They arent oem.. I and many others are willing to sacrifice the not so perfect fit for the looks, the saleen kit imo looks leaps and bounds better than oem look, but thats just my opinion.

I cant find a scratch or dent on the whole car!! Pics dont misrepresent themselves.. LOOK at the pics.. If you want to see how the kit fits, look at the pics.. If you want to see if theres wires everywhere, look at the pics.. Those are up to date and I am not hiding a thing..

You offered $23k and i keep the slicks.. I was nice and said you can have the slicks for $23k. I was willing to take $3k off because I thought the motor was hurt, when your mechanic friend said that.. I dont know a ton about cars, but I dont have the time for this one and i need it gone.. $3k isnt going to break me.. I dont need the $20k that bad but I dont want the car sitting like it has been so I was able to take the loss..

Whatever man.. I think you have damaged your reputation just as much as you have tried to hurt mine.. i could care less.. The car is a beast and is a one of a kind..

MPH built this car from the ground up.. They did the paint, body, engine, turbos, etc.etc. MANY people on this forum know they do quality work, and many are customers.. If you have any question as to the quality of this car I urge you to call Tim.. Many will vouch for this car..

What do you expect? Do you think I should price it at $15k because the exterior had some dust and the battery was low? You want something for nothing and i dont care if you offered me 30, I wouldnt sell it to you if i had to.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
listen guys. I'm going to explain my rationale in the least controversial way i know how. This was never intended to be a flame war but some people with no knowledge of the situation chimed in without any warrant. I talked to the seller on multiple occasions and asked if there was anything at all that needed to be mentioned so there were no surprises when i arrived. I asked every conceivable question i could think of to cover my bases to prevent a wasted 14 hour one way trip. When i arrived the car was in the garage space it had been sitting in for a while. It wasn't clean at all. Covered in dust and dirt as though it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The engine bay was filthy. The wiring both in the bay and the interior was a mess. The window tint needed completely redone (seller did mention this to me), and correct me if i'm wrong but it needed a new windshield. I was willing to overlook that because the amount of high end parts the car had. Me personally though, if i know someone is traveling to come see a car i have for sale, whether 8 miles or 800, i take the time to clean the car and present it as professionally as possible. First impressions tell a lot and a car that has that much invested that's that dirty tells me a lot about how it's been kept. Again to each his own there. When he started the car it didn't take but a minute for the car to begin smoking from the breather. Make no mistake it wasn't just a little smoke... It was substantial. There was moist oil around the top of the breather neck that i was able to wipe with my finger. Now, if that wouldn't cause you to be concerned about blow by than you probably have no business looking at a car that built. The guy i brought with me works daily on porsche cup cars, has built multiple ford gt's etc, and we both shared the same concern. The seller stated he had never noticed that before. That threw a red flag for me because it was impossible to overlook. Not wanting to jump the gun i called my engine builder and texted him some pics and a short vid i took with my phone along with a list of what was done to the car. He expressed the same concern about possible blow by and that perhaps the rings never seated in the new motor. Admittedly the seller didn't know anything at all about the cars mechanics, just stating that tim barth did all the work and that he would contact him about it. My friend went for a ride with the seller as i talked to my engine builder and when he returned he told me the car was running rough and it had died at a red light, displayed hesitated throttle response and clearly needed more tuning. So being in a position to make a decision i didn't want to risk the possibility that i might be having to pull the motor apart and shell out more money for the car so i decided to pass. It might have been another story if he had leakdown or compression tests on hand to ease my concerns but he did not. That's the only reason i say i thought the right thing for him to do knowing i traveled all that way to discover something that was never disclosed was to offer something like a tank of gas. Not because i felt he had to, just because that's what i would do if the roles were reversed. When looking around the car i couldn't help but to notice that the body kit fit terribly and the paint needed a good bit of work to obtain the "magazine" label it had been given by the seller. There were sizeable gaps between the body and the saleen kit as well as the headlights and bumper/fender among other things. Now, i'll be the first to admit that everyone's opinion of what constitutes a magazine car is different so i wasn't going to break his balls on that. Before arriving we agreed on a price of $23k for the car. Shortly after i left he texted me saying he would take $20k. If in fact you had a car that you stood behind completely why on earth would you immediately knock $3g off the price when you were admittedly already losing thousands of dollars? With all that being said is the car worth $20k? Perhaps to some it certainly is, hell maybe even more based on the parts used alone. However, to me the car felt misrepresented. I'm fully entitled to my point of view just as much as the next guy. Lastly, if i were the seller and somebody with direct knowledge of the car asked me if the issues had been addressed, the last thing i would do is blast him personally. I would rather get everything out in the open for the sake of full disclosure and make damn sure that whoever ends up with the car is thoroughly pleased. I feel that's the problem with the vast majority of people selling cars. They either try to cover flaws just long enough to get the cash (not suggesting the seller is doing that here) or leaves out information that would be deemed important for someone attempting to make an informed decision. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money on a car thinking it's completely buttoned up only to realize there are major expenses in the near future. I personally don't care if you guys want to make me out to be the bad guy. I've only stated facts this entire time. If that makes me a villain on this site, then a villain is what i'll be.

tl;dr :bored:

Blown02

Established Member
Yes!, and you can probably part it out for more LOL. I would part it out, by like I have said I am not a mechanic..

Im not greedy.. I lost a ton, all i want is $20k.. I want it to have a new home where it will be used and appreciated.. I need to consolidate my hotrod and daily driver so Im selling both and getting a c6 z06 to drive every day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread