My new engine is done.. Billet 5.5 DOHC TT INSIDE!

Blown02

Established Member
Motor is done! Its being taken to MPH monday. From there, MPH will seal the heads to the block, put on accessories, drop the motor in my car, build a sick ass tt kit around it, and tune it.
For break in tune we are running 8-10psi, and I think it should be out some really healthy numbers!
For the TT kit, we are using two t4 precision 67s, twin tial 60 wastegates, tial bov, big intercooler, and 3 1/2" downpipes!
The car is a 2002 gt, it already has a built 8.8, built mmr 5spd (runnin until i get a turbo 400), BIG return style fuel system, corbeau a4s in sued, rear seat delete, and everything else I could do to it..

Heres the overall specs..
2004 navigator NVH block
-honed, surfaced, etc.etc.
-custom oliver billet rods
-custom CP dished pistons for 9.5:1 compression
-ARP bolts everywhere
-SS rings the best for my TT high hp application
-8 bolt steel crank

2004 navigator 9 thread heads
-race ported
-5 angle vj
-GT cams
-comp springs
-comp retainers
-bronze valve guides
-manley exhaust and intake valves
-and more

Intake Setup
-5.4 Sullivan Lower
-HPP sheetmetall upper
-BIG 1700cfm Accufab single blade tb

rice001Medium.jpg

rice002Medium.jpg

rice003Medium.jpg

rice004Medium.jpg

rice005Medium.jpg

rice006Medium.jpg

rice007Medium.jpg

rice008Medium.jpg

rice011Medium.jpg

rice001Large.jpg

rice002Large.jpg

rice003Large.jpg

rice004Large.jpg

rice005Large.jpg

rice006Large.jpg

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
damn so u had 815rwhp with your old 281cubic inch setup? what kinda numbers do u expect with this monster?! congrats to u.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
As soon as it's done, I'm going to run by there and steal it. But all will not be lost, I'll just leave my 02GT there.

What combo did you used to have?? I'm sure you're going to be selling some of that other stuff if you haven't all ready...

Good taste and fast car....Bad taste and slow bike though..Yamaha...:xpl::-D

Blown02

Established Member
I sold off the old setup.. The old setup was a stock 01 cobra motor with forged rods and pistons, 8.5:1 compression, and hp twin 57s. At 15psi=640rwhp, 18psi=700rwhp, 20psi=750rwhp, 23psi=815rwhp. all with low timing and fat tunes. torque was always atleast +10 over the hp.

I cant wait to see what this sucker does!

btw, I got that r6 as my first street bike to learn on, got it for 2800 :)

Blown02

Established Member
Ya, let me dig up some vids. theres 1 on streetfire of me walking all over a heavily modded new gsxr750 on my pump gas 15psi tune. 640rhwp.
Ive also got some other really impressive vids..

Oh and for the person raggin on my r6! heres what i got for 2800!
Couldnt afford much because Im only 22, a full time college student, working full time, just got married to my beautiful wife(see gf thread!), got 4 pitts, and 2 new cars, and a bad addiction to this costly mustang..
IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
When the car gets back, its getting a full saleen body kit and a fresh paint job, along with chrome saleen wheels. I already have a set of pro stars for the front and back, but for the street im gonna run saleen wheels.. im gonna get 4 18x9 chrome saleens, two for the front, and the two for the rear Im going to have widened to 12".

Next winter Im going to add a turbo 400 with gear vendor, 10pt cage with swingouts, window net, and a parachute :).

Then itll be done!

This is the 4th engine and 4th power adder thats been on the car. Bought it new when i was 18 in 02 as a premium gt, and have been pouring every red cent into it ever since!

Users who are viewing this thread