My new DD: 2013 Focus ST

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Well I sold my ZX10R on the 10th and traded in my 2010 Civic SI on Friday. The Focus didn't come in until today and the dealer gave me a pretty nice loan car for a few days :beer:

The loaner...a 2013 GT. The leather seats were very comfortable. It has the Brembo brake kit on it and unfortunately an automatic :bash: Overall I was pretty impressed with the car and can see why people are trading in their Cobras on them. The creature comforts and electronics on the car were a nice change of pace. It drove great and has plenty plenty of power for around town. I would definitely mod one if I got it though.

Anyway on to the Focus. It's Ingot Silver and has a little over 200 miles on it. I haven't driven it much yet but the ride home was fun. It will be fun to have a turbo hatchback. The brake bite pretty hard but I've read they're not that great for lap after lap on the track. I bought some goodies for it from Cobb Tuning: FMIC, intake, rear motor mount, down pipe, lowering springs, and AccessPort. I'm not too keen on voiding the warranty so soon but I'm a car nut and won't be able to wait very long. The windows will be getting tinted next week FWIW. On to the pics so enjoy and ask any questions you may have.

4a15a2ca-31ee-407c-b8e2-dceb02889497.jpg

20130626_191528.jpg

20130626_191410.jpg

20130626_191424.jpg

20130626_191358.jpg

Last edited:

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Congrats and Welcome to the club!!! Bring it out to Cars & Coffee at Classic BMW in Plano next Saturday(7/6). We usually have a pretty good contingent of ST owners out there every month. Only downside is ya gotta get up before the break of dawn in order to get a spot, but it's a good time, and a good group of guys. Hope to see ya there. Take care.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Looks good. A friend just bought one, loves everything except the nav--said it sucks.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
They are cool little cars. It is nice to see Ford getting serious about the Tuner cars in the States compared to the junk they tried passing off before. Sat in one at the Thunder Valley Nationals and they are what I like a car to feel like. It feels like the car is wrapped around you.

I would not mind one to DD.

TClark22

Established Member
Good buy OP!! I love the crap out of mine!

Looks good. A friend just bought one, loves everything except the nav--said it sucks.

hmm...i think its the best nav i have used that came standard in a car. I have used volvos, caddys, mercedes, lincoln...and the nav in my ST is by far the best.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. It is a lot of fun so far. SLVRNBLK I will see you guys at Cars & Coffee

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new Focus ST is one nice looking car. Congratulations! Icing on the cake that you got a '13 GT as a loaner. :)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Nav has been working great for me. :shrug:

Congrats on the ST. :beer:

FYI if you don't want to run that Cobb mount, Ford has a TSB out for stiffer mounts. Seems to help a lot.

TClark22

Established Member
oh and lol you just voided your warranty on engine with those mods.

I am still going to wait it out a bit to see how these motors hold up. I plan on having my ST for a long time so i don't need to rush into mods...plus that would take funds away from my GT

I wanted to snake in a testing of a 13 GT as well when i picked my ST up (order mine last year)...but when it was delivered on new years eve...it was freakin snowing and i haven't been back since, lol

Grey03

Established Member
Sweet car! I just picked up almost the exact same car. Mine is an ST3. You may already know this but, you don't need the motor mount. Ford just released a tsb to fix the bang that replaces all three motor mounts.

TClark22

Established Member
Sweet car! I just picked up almost the exact same car. Mine is an ST3. You may already know this but, you don't need the motor mount. Ford just released a tsb to fix the bang that replaces all three motor mounts.

which reminds me...i need to get them replaced! Not that i have ever experienced this bang.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Thanks again guys. I've read about the TSB for the mounts. I'm going to check to see if it was fixed on mine yet or not. If not when I drop it off for tint I will get that done too. I'll be curious to see what kind of loaner I get then too lol

Oh and TClark22 I haven't installed any of the mods yet. Like you I want to put some miles on it first and see how it does. I also plan on having it for a long time.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Thanks! It looks better in person than pictures give it credit for. Of course I'd love to have it parked next to a 2014 GT500 like yours

Users who are viewing this thread