My new build...finally. (Long)

TRBO VNM

no problem. talked to my fabricator actually. we are going to section the core support. since the whole top half is perfect, no sense in replacing everything. makes me feel a lot better and should save a lot of money from minimal welds and stuff.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Good luck with the build Jason. Hope everything works out perfectly for you and the cobra. Part of your old Comp Orange setup (heads/cams) will live on with my setup, thanks to Rick at Amazon.

TRBO VNM

thats good to hear your getting you old car and building it up again.

I assume you realize this isn't my originaly comp orange car right? This is a different one. good thing about the old one, the new owner fixed it and it still lives and was never totalled or stripped.

but I think you mean, basically getting my original setup going again alive in a new cobra.

And some other good news tonight, I took apart the rest of the front end and only the bottom section of the core support was pulled forward. probably about 4 inches from the bottom of it is where it bent. And it was from a damn tow truck now that everything is apart. you can see the 2 locations they put the hooks on the bottom of the core support and just pulled. I swear, f'ing tow truck drivers are morons. the good news is sectioning it will be cake and have absolutely no ill affects on anything except seeing the welds. I will have the new/used section stripped and then painted after it is welded on and I will probably grind down the welds just to smooth them out.

I will get some pics tomorrow night of the core support.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
nice man! i was wondering when we were gonna start hearing news about your new one. that's a pretty sweet deal on getting a Hellion kit together! cant beat that price haha...

TRBO VNM

well cory, I am giving you a 2 week head start...actually, probably 3. waiting on some parts and then they go back out for powdercoat. so I am looking at 2 weeks minimum before I can start bolting turbo stuff up. fuel system will be done next week and hope to have yours done as well.

here are some pics of the lower part of the core support. damn tow truck drivers. had my fab guy come over and take a look and he even said it will be easy and probably take about an hour. no need to fully remove the ac condensor. he will just prop it up.

you can see the hood latch support bar and how it buckled

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
:poke:FAIL on the tow truck driver's not even close attempt on loading the car properly... I assume this was done before you bought the car?

TRBO VNM

oh yeah, definitely before I bought it. usually I have friends with trailers I would borrow, but if I needed a tow truck, I would tell them where to hook, which they would need a strap to go around the K.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I would be pissed, My car has been a few tow trucks in its life and I watch every step of when it hops on and off, I carry 2x4's in the trunk just for this.

TRBO VNM

Good Luck with the Build Jason.

thanks john. should be smooth sailing after I get the core support fixed.

I would be pissed, My car has been a few tow trucks in its life and I watch every step of when it hops on and off, I carry 2x4's in the trunk just for this.

well, since it didn't happen while I owned, I can only be so pissed. if anything, I am more pissed at myself for not looking the car over more before pay the seller the balance. I was in comp orange awe. I looked at a lot of other things and just forgot to put a jack under it or I would have knocked 500+ off the price or walked.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Looking forward to seeing your progress... I can't wait to see this beast done!!

TRBO VNM

thanks guys. I must say, I am lucking out. found the bottom half of the core support for free. the core support repair should be done by mid week and I will get some pics up. then I can start bolting up some piping and relcating things.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the getting the build started Jason! It's nice to see you back in a turbo car, I loved watching videos of the ole pumpkin beast! Can't wait to see the finished product.

TRBO VNM

thanks guys. oh, there will be more video. I can't wait.

I will get some pics up by the end of the weekend of some of the fuel components. I am hoping the have the tank swapped and mounted and the pump/filters mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread