My new baby hauler

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Well, since I got the new kiddo coming in a few weeks I finally broke down and bought something that will fit a car seat. I was kicking around the idea of getting an SRT Charger/300 but just couldn't pull the trigger with all the unknowns that the baby will bring so I saved a bunch of money and picked this up.

MKS1.jpeg

It's a 2013 ecoboost with pretty much every option for the year. Just clicked over 61k miles but its a 1-owner and has a steady 4-6k service history since new. Gotta love depreciation, brand new this thing cost just shy of 60k, I picked it up for 16.5k.

Gonna change ptu and rdu fluids as well as a transmission flush just for peace of mind. Getting spark plugs and Tstat ordered, 3bar and a tune to follow.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car. Congrats.
Should be a great family hauler.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
The picture of the interior is kinda odd. Seats look like they are tan but in reality they are more like a milk chocolate color.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Boy oh boy that thing is NICE. Congrats.. makes it all that much better when the deal is sweet.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Congrats OP! I roll in a 2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost that's Livernois tuned and it's certainly a great DD! I wish mine had the adaptive suspension like the '13+ have. Whose tune are you going with?

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Congrats OP! I roll in a 2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost that's Livernois tuned and it's certainly a great DD! I wish mine had the adaptive suspension like the '13+ have. Whose tune are you going with?

Not even sure yet, I am just starting to do some research on what’s out there. Gonna get the fluids changed , change plugs and Tstat and see how it feels. My brother has a tuned Explorer Sport and F150 so I have been picking his brain on his experiences.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
So I just looked up prices on Lincoln MKCs...

Those things depreciate nearly 50% in a year. May have just found our next family beater.

Get the 2.3. It's a torque monster down low and the adaptive suspension is so, so nice. I really enjoyed the one I had as a loaner, but it was on the smaller side compared to the wife's '15 CR-V (usable room) so I will not be getting one to replace my MKS as I originally planned.

Users who are viewing this thread